Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

185mm Pulley Install

Old 02-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 185mm Pulley Install

Originally Posted by parawxman
To continue with the hijak...

The speedometer will be off by a percentage, not an amount, this percentage will stay consistant at any speed. So no need to do any one handed, camera shots with your poor wife weaving through traffic behind you
i think the camera or video shot is necessary as proof of top speed of the car (modded or not). not that we don't trust steve... ;-)

Old 02-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey brianbrave,I wonder if you instal a pair of wings on your srt, would it really fly? that would help with traffic jams a lot...

p.s. you do not have to answer this, just posting on here because I've been following the thread with no participation ever since you started it... Nice work, looking forward to some 1/4 mile times, very important from my point of view...

Old 02-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Forum Regular
Smile Re: 185mm Pulley Install

Hi again Brian.I'm real happy with the sl55 setup, its as close as you can get to a oem look with a modification.I made two backets for each air box and fit them into the slots that were used for mounting the oem boxes. I did go with the k & n filters I made tabs on the air boxes and installed them on the front outside edge (one for each box ) then installed the windshield edge of the motor cover under the tabs and snapped it down on the original forward clip. Steve gave me a tip on using 21/2 " id reinforced hose for the drivers side tube opening next to the radiator which worked out great. I'm still trying to find out how to post pictures on the forum. As you can tell i'm not a computor wizard. This forum has a wealth of information from a lot of nice guys, i guess it can't get much better than that. ILLCYA PS I should be ordering the boost gauge next week thanks for the information.

Last edited by PA/XFIRE; 02-14-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:14 PM

This thread gets better and better every day I check in lol

Old 02-14-2008, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Hellums
I know I've read on the forum that the SRT 6 would redline on the tach before it would reach 200 MPH. That may be a possabilty with the OEM tire size, but I'm running a 285/35/19 on the back witch is an inch taller. If you use the calaulator I'm posting, for every 60 mph you would add 2 mph to your speedometer reading, so when my speedometer reads 180 mph I'm actually doing 186 mph (tach was at 5,600 to 5,700). With my RENNtech kit my redline was raised to 6,200 RPM, so I think 200 mph is obtainable in my car. To bad I don't have a brother or best friend driving a state cop car with a radar, I would rather be clocked with a radar so I would know the speed without question. HEY bikecop .
http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp
Hey Steve, come on up I will give you that clock you asked for. I have a really nice radar set up, hey it even has a remote control.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bikecop
Hey Steve, come on up I will give you that clock you asked for. I have a really nice radar set up, hey it even has a remote control.

...ask and ye shall receive...

Old 02-15-2008, 02:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bikecop
That would be great, but will you still let me keep my drivers license afterwards or would I be looking at mt SRT6 through a window with bars sitting in an impound lot?
I really need to find a place to do it legally, I'd hate to get you in trouble, but you know, my gas pedal could stick and you could be just trying to clear a path for me. How fast does your police bike run?

Old 02-15-2008, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by parawxman
To continue with the hijak...

The speedometer will be off by a percentage, not an amount, this percentage will stay consistant at any speed. So no need to do any one handed, camera shots with your poor wife weaving through traffic behind you
I guess I was misunderstood, I was just going to get her to follow me as fast as she felt she comfortable to go just to see the difference in the speedometer readings.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:35 AM

I'm going to try to find a place somewhere close to me this summer that I can legally open it up just to see if it will hit the 200 MPH .
Steve
Texasmile.com
or Silver states classic in Nevada

Those are much safer than trying to drive with one hand and taking pictures. Have fun AND be safe
Been thinking about the Texas run for the stock SRT6 top MPH test
And the Nevada run for the SRT 8 after the stroker motor is done for it.
DB

Old 02-15-2008, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Buck70
Steve
Texasmile.com
or Silver states classic in Nevada

Those are much safer than trying to drive with one hand and taking pictures. Have fun AND be safe
Been thinking about the Texas run for the stock SRT6 top MPH test
And the Nevada run for the SRT 8 after the stroker motor is done for it.
DB
I really need to find a place closer to home than thats to long of a drive, I'm way up here in Indiana. I'll do a little net surffing to see what I can find.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:29 AM
Forum Regular

I really need to find a place to do it legally...
best idea yet.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:59 AM

So Brian, did you get to open that thing up this weekend while all the police were at the doughnut shop ? Are you measuring the tread depth on your rear tire's yet? I know it's totally unbelieveable what a pulley and a ECU tune will do for these little monster's. I done mine before I had really got into the car hard, I only had about 800 miles on the car. I got to drive a guy's stock SRT6 last summer while installing a windscreen for him, we took it for a drive and while I didn't get into it real hard, he told me to go ahead and get on it, so I did a little. There was no comparison to my car, he wanted to go for a ride in mine just to see what the RENNtech kit felt like. I tried to get him to drive, but he said he would rather I drove. He was totally impressed (I think I scared him), he said that it was the fastest car he had ever been in and asked me if I had ever had a faster car. I told him way back in the old day's I had a couple big block car's that were a little faster.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:16 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower

So Brian, did you get to open that thing up this weekend while all the police were at the doughnut shop ?
I went to "a spot" Sunday evening (I worked a bit Sat and slept in on Sun)

The weather was perfect - 60deg, with an overcast marine layer (No airborne CHP's) at sea level - only problem was - all the farm trucks entering and exiting the road from the fields over the past week had left mounds of dried mud/dirt on the roads. I did get one run up to 140MPH but I have done better than that before - I have to work today - but I plan to leave a bit early and head the opposite direction to the high desert for a run. It's nice and cool today so the conditions should be ripe.

I'll keep you posted of the results.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:43 AM

Well, that is all good and everything - but no impression(s)?

Where are the reviews on the 140mph run with the new pulley and tune?

SQ

Old 02-18-2008, 11:03 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by ShawnQ
Well, that is all good and everything - but no impression(s)?

Where are the reviews on the 140mph run with the new pulley and tune?

SQ
I need to find the right road conditions for a full out run, or else I need a few spotters. With two speeding tickets going thru the system - I have to be smart.

The car pulls like a bat-out-of-hell from a dead stop or when I go to WOT from cruising speeds below 100MPH.

You can really feel the boost in acceleration. I'm sure it will help out on the top speed but have yet to get there.

I'm sure with the 185 or 181 pulley you will see improved trap speeds at the drags as well.

Just need more traction and IC temp reductions.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
The US Govt. now designates my SRT as a Missile/Rocket and thus I am tracked by NORAD in Mach speeds.

.... feel free to hijack - this is all good stuff
Yes. We are watching you.