Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

185mm Pulley Install

Old 02-12-2008, 04:22 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 185mm Pulley Install

Originally Posted by Steve Hellums
I know what you mean about the "just freakin' lights up the tires", with my kit, at any point in first with the TC off the tire will just light up. Did they also eliminate your top end limiter when they tuned your ECU?
Oh Yea!! - I have to wait until the wee morning hours on Sat or Sun this weekend and go out the one of the "spots" to try it out. To risky during the week.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
Oh Yea!! - I have to wait until the wee morning hours on Sat or Sun this weekend and go out the one of the "spots" to try it out. To risky during the week.
I would have thought you would have a place out in your area (with in 100 miles) where you could go and open it up , all the way to the red line in 5th gear. The stretch I've opened mine up is only 2&1/2 miles long, it reached the 186 MPH from 60 MPH in less than 1&1/2 miles. I'm going to try to find a place somewhere close to me this summer that I can legally open it up just to see if it will hit the 200 MPH mark, the 1" taller tire's may help to get me there. I know it's been said that the SRT6 would redline before it reached 200 MPH, but at 186 my tach was hitting 5,600 to 5,700 RPM if I remember correctly (at that speed I was just giving it quick glances), I've only got 14 more MPH to get there.

The following users liked this post:
Sussudio (05-08-2023)
Old 02-13-2008, 03:53 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have thought you would have a place out in your area (with in 100 miles) where you could go and open it up , all the way to the red line in 5th gear. The stretch I've opened mine up is only 2&1/2 miles long, it reached the 186 MPH from 60 MPH in less than 1&1/2 miles. I'm going to try to find a place somewhere close to me this summer that I can legally open it up just to see if it will hit the 200 MPH mark, the 1" taller tire's may help to get me there. I know it's been said that the SRT6 would redline before it reached 200 MPH, but at 186 my tach was hitting 5,600 to 5,700 RPM if I remember correctly (at that speed I was just giving it quick glances), I've only got 14 more MPH to get there.
steve- thats pretty amazing work you are doing up there...
if you hit 200, I''ll send you a drink coupon at red lobster or whatever the hell restaurant is open in the polar boonies you live in!

Old 02-13-2008, 05:14 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The stretch I've opened mine up is only 2&1/2 miles long, it reached the 186 MPH from 60 MPH in less than 1&1/2 miles.
Just a reminder to anyone thinking of trying to replicate this. The 186 mph to zero mph braking distance for an SRT-6 would be more than 1,100 feet, and quite possibly a lot more than that.

Wouldn't want anyone here replicating that Ocala BMW high speed crash because they don't realize what happens to braking distance as speeds climb up into the super extra-legal range.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by V-12
steve- thats pretty amazing work you are doing up there...
if you hit 200, I''ll send you a drink coupon at red lobster or whatever the hell restaurant is open in the polar boonies you live in!
If I can't find a place to open it up to as far as it will go, I may get a friend with a cell phone at the other end of where the stretch of road is and go for it. There has been a lot of state police around here lately, if I got caught at that speed I probably wouldn't have a license for a long time. Oh and I'll try to take a picture of the speedometer too, if I get ***** enough to hold the steering wheel with one hand .

Old 02-13-2008, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Display_Name
Just a reminder to anyone thinking of trying to replicate this. The 186 mph to zero mph braking distance for an SRT-6 would be more than 1,100 feet, and quite possibly a lot more than that.

Wouldn't want anyone here replicating that Ocala BMW high speed crash because they don't realize what happens to braking distance as speeds climb up into the super extra-legal range.
Yeah, I almost found that out the hard way in my 04 coupe on the same stretch of road. At the end of this stretch is a long sweeping 90 degree curve, I had started at the top of the hill from around 60 mph and was trying to get to 150 in the 04 coupe. I let off at 147 mph & just coasted, that curve was there in no time, I looked down at the speedometer and it was at 100 mph. Man you talk about a pucker factor, I made it through the curve and even stayed on my side of the road with the tire's squalling like hell. It scared the crap out of me, weeks later I took it at 90 mph on purpose and I had quite the pucker factor then too.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:14 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower

There is - but weekday afternoons are not the best times, the crack of dawn on weekends is better - no one else on the roads and the CHP and local Cops have yet to make it to the doughnut shop...

I have two tickets I'm fighting now - I have to be real careful for while.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
There is - but weekday afternoons are not the best times, the crack of dawn on weekends is better - no one else on the roads and the CHP and local Cops have yet to make it to the doughnut shop...

I have two tickets I'm fighting now - I have to be real careful for while.
TWO TICKET'S? Were you speeding ? When I drive my SRT6 I have to use the cruse control out on the highway or I look down and I'm doing 70 or 80 mph.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:55 AM
Forum Regular

I tried crack of dawn....how about a pucker factor of going through a group of Deer at high speed.
I don't use that road anymore

Old 02-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Forum Regular
Smile Re: 185mm Pulley Install

Brian where did you get your boost gauge ? I like the look. Great results on your pulley mod. I ordered the 181mm pulley kit today.I already have the sl55 intake system installed. Should be and interesting spring. Can't wait. ILLCYA

Old 02-13-2008, 11:53 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

TWO TICKET'S? Were you speeding
Yup - - 75 in a 55 on a two lane orchard hwy - Total BS - I was behind a truck with three cars behind me. The other I was just kickin' it down on the freeway and was tagged by a pair of Motorcycle CHP's, one hiding behind a hedge with a radar gun, the other around the bend. Can't out run the radio - 85+ in a 65. I'm sure I'll beat the second - the CHP was on his bike and back to his trap before I could put my registration away. I thought "didn't take any notes did ya..."

If I can beat one ticket I can go to traffic school for the other. I might beat both. I think I smell a K40 Calibre Radar Detector in my near future.

Originally Posted by PA/XFIRE
Brian where did you get your boost gauge ? I like the look. Great results on your pulley mod. I ordered the 181mm pulley kit today.I already have the sl55 intake system installed. Should be and interesting spring. Can't wait. ILLCYA
Thanks PA - It took awhile - but I hope my experience can help out other members. You won't be unhappy with the results, just take a little time and read the instructions first. It's an easy mod and makes an immediate difference in performance.

How do you like the SL55 intake setup? Did you mount them like I did or figure something else out? Do you have your engine cover on? Did you go with K&N filters?

I purchased the Prosport - "Green/White Performance" Electric model. http://prosportgauges.com/green-whit...ost-gauge.aspx There's some picks in my gallery

Enjoy

Old 02-14-2008, 03:11 AM
Forum Regular

If I can't find a place to open it up to as far as it will go, I may get a friend with a cell phone at the other end of where the stretch of road is and go for it. There has been a lot of state police around here lately, if I got caught at that speed I probably wouldn't have a license for a long time. Oh and I'll try to take a picture of the speedometer too, if I get ***** enough to hold the steering wheel with one hand .
guess you know you are up there in new stock Z06 territory and hands down you win in the brass ***** category.
don't ignore intelligence. has 200 been hit yet by anyone with credibility?

Old 02-14-2008, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by V-12
guess you know you are up there in new stock Z06 territory and hands down you win in the brass ***** category.
don't ignore intelligence. has 200 been hit yet by anyone with credibility?
I know I've read on the forum that the SRT 6 would redline on the tach before it would reach 200 MPH. That may be a possabilty with the OEM tire size, but I'm running a 285/35/19 on the back witch is an inch taller. If you use the calaulator I'm posting, for every 60 mph you would add 2 mph to your speedometer reading, so when my speedometer reads 180 mph I'm actually doing 186 mph (tach was at 5,600 to 5,700). With my RENNtech kit my redline was raised to 6,200 RPM, so I think 200 mph is obtainable in my car. To bad I don't have a brother or best friend driving a state cop car with a radar, I would rather be clocked with a radar so I would know the speed without question. HEY bikecop .
http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp

Old 02-14-2008, 04:29 AM

I know I've read on the forum that the SRT 6 would redline on the tach before it would reach 200 MPH. That may be a possabilty with the OEM tire size, but I'm running a 285/35/19 on the back witch is an inch taller. If you use the calaulator I'm posting, for every 60 mph you would add 2 mph to your speedometer reading, so when my speedometer reads 180 mph I'm actually doing 186 mph (tach was at 5,600 to 5,700). With my RENNtech kit my redline was raised to 6,200 RPM, so I think 200 mph is obtainable in my car. To bad I don't have a brother or best friend driving a state cop car with a radar, I would rather be clocked with a radar so I would know the speed without question. HEY bikecop .
http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp
Hello,

it would be intersting how accurate the speedometer is on the SRT-6 at this speed...

Kind Regards

Old 02-14-2008, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by SLK32Germany
Hello,

it would be intersting how accurate the speedometer is on the SRT-6 at this speed...

Kind Regards
That is a good question, I may try to get my wife to follow me this spring in one of our other vehicles to check the speedometer. But my wife will probably only run up to around 100 mph . But that should get a close estimate of how accurate my SRT 6's speedometer is.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:19 AM

That is a good question, I may try to get my wife to follow me this spring in one of our other vehicles to check the speedometer. But my wife will probably only run up to around 100 mph . But that should get a close estimate of how accurate my SRT 6's speedometer is.
Maybe someone can check this with GPS...

In my opinion it is impossible to reach "real" 200MPH with a SRT-6. In KM/H this means 321,67!! I don't know the correct air-drag-coefficient (0,37?) x cross-sectional area (the right word for German "Stirnfläche"?) but I estimate, you need at least 500HP at the crank, if not more, to reach "real" 200 MPH. You can compare with other high-speed cars...Nevertheless the SRT-6 is a great car and very fast

Kind Regards
Bruno

Old 02-14-2008, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by SLK32Germany
Maybe someone can check this with GPS...

In my opinion it is impossible to reach "real" 200MPH with a SRT-6. In KM/H this means 321,67!! I don't know the correct air-drag-coefficient (0,37?) x cross-sectional area (the right word for German "Stirnfläche"?) but I estimate, you need at least 500HP at the crank, if not more, to reach "real" 200 MPH. You can compare with other high-speed cars...Nevertheless the SRT-6 is a great car and very fast

Kind Regards
Bruno
air-drag-coefficient, Yeah, Some one had posted quite a while back that the Crossfire had the air-o -dynamic's of a brick . There have been post about the speedometer being off, but the post were about the speedometer being about 2 to 3 mph slower than they were actually going.

BYW, sorry for hijacking your thread Brian

Last edited by Steve Hellums; 02-14-2008 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Smile Re: 185mm Pulley Install

SILLY SILLY GUYS. You want to check the speed accurately??????????? The government has a FREE PROGRAM that will tell you your speed with in tenths of a mile per hour without cost and without any hassel. All you need do is turn on your GPS and monitor the ground speed readout. This works any time of day or nite and is accurate as a person can do.........Woody

Old 02-14-2008, 10:22 AM

To continue with the hijak...

The speedometer will be off by a percentage, not an amount, this percentage will stay consistant at any speed. So no need to do any one handed, camera shots with your poor wife weaving through traffic behind you

Originally Posted by woody woodworth
SILLY SILLY GUYS. You want to check the speed accurately??????????? The government has a FREE PROGRAM that will tell you your speed with in tenths of a mile per hour without cost and without any hassel. All you need do is turn on your GPS and monitor the ground speed readout. This works any time of day or nite and is accurate as a person can do.........Woody

Old 02-14-2008, 11:32 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by parawxman
To continue with the hijak...

The speedometer will be off by a percentage, not an amount, this percentage will stay consistant at any speed. So no need to do any one handed, camera shots with your poor wife weaving through traffic behind you
The US Govt. now designates my SRT as a Missile/Rocket and thus I am tracked by NORAD in Mach speeds.

.... feel free to hijack - this is all good stuff

Quick Reply: 185mm Pulley Install