Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

MY Cold Air Intake!!

Old 12-14-2007, 05:23 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: MY Cold Air Intake!!

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
I would be a bit concerned about the turbulence at the Y-pipe.
The Y-Pipe feeds the supercharger -- or -- if the SC is off, the air squeezes thru the screws to the intake manifold. I don't think the SRT6 has a bypass built in so I doubt if turbulence would be an issue. I'm pretty sure a spinning SC would generate more turbulence then the Y-Pipe.

I think this why the SRT does not run as well has the N/A XF when the SC shuts down.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:02 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BDJ's Racing
Well i think you took it the wrong way. i have a one man shop. i answer phones, take orders, updated forums and my website, R&D all parts, build and ship everything as well. This is not an excuse, just some things about my shop. I am sorry you feel that way.
Given that I saw you post prices, i cant help to assume that you are a vendor and like any legitimate vendor should take strives to proving you're product, hence the request for a dyno. so that's where i was coming from.

Now that you've explained the circumstances how your intake came about and why you're selling them and that you run a one man shop then now it makes some sense as to why there is no dyno.

still a dyno would be nice though

Old 12-17-2007, 04:48 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't America great. Not satisfied with one alternative.
Inginuity, design, manufacture, and sell. This is what
makes our country what it is today. Take an existing
design, and try to improve. BDJ, my SRT6 tech at dealer
loves your design. He suggested the dual intake after
seeing single design. That is the way he would do it.
To each there own.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:23 AM

I couldnt agree more!!!!

I am waiting for 240m3srt to get his car. We will be dynoing his car a ton i am sure. we will be showing dyno numbers stock, all the way through the upgrades!!

So help pray that he gets his car soon, so we can start tearing it up!! haha, i know he is.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6-Man
Looks Great Man! I maybe would of run those pipes behind the grill, where all the cold air is! There is alot of heat where your filters are at! I would also powder coat those pipes black, as chrome is terrible at releasing Heat! When you pop that hood, people are going to say S.W.E.E.T...

Hey SRT6-Man doesn't the SRT6 have two plugs per cylinder like my C32? I asked cause I posted a thread on the MBwold.org forum about the pulstar plugs you use and I was told since the cylinder has 2 plugs it burns of efficiently already that no gain will come from those plugs to my car.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The cylinders in this engine run really hot because of the dual plugs and the compression ratio, thats one of the reasons it has such a large oil capacity... You should really think long and hard about changing your type of plugs and consider if they are hotter or colder... Which type to use should be based on your cylinder head temps and your AFR... Just by changing plug types arbitrarily wont necessarily help...

Here's a good bit of info that may help.

Normally, a hot plug is used in a cold engine — low horsepower, and a cold plug in a hot engine — high horsepower. In actuality, these terms refer to the spark plugs ability to send heat from its firing end to the engine cylinder head. To avoid spark plug overheating (where combustion chamber or cylinder head temperatures are relatively high,) a cold plug should be used, such as in a high compression engine. A cold running plug has the ability to transfer heat faster. A hot running plug has a much slower rate of heat transfer and is used to avoid fouling when combustion chamber and cylinder head temperatures are relatively low

Old 01-09-2008, 10:28 AM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

I purchased one of the BDJ Racing Intakes this past Saturday and went by the shop to pick it up. It was a good excuse to pull the Crossfire out and put 100 miles on it during a beautiful day. The shop was very cool and Brian was a super nice guy showing me his Crossfire and walking me through the installation of the intake. The intake was a breeze to install compared a few others I have tackled on other cars I have owned. I finally had a chance to pull the Crossfire out again last night and it definitely seems to be quicker. I LOVE that I can now hear the supercharger whine and that was worth the money to me. The car will absolutely get crazy at 35mph WOT punches. My ECU has not had a chance to reset to accommodate the change but I am sure it will get even quicker in time. The air filters push right up to the front of the car and I removed the factory vents from the old set up and this made more room for the cold air to come in through the front grill. I only put a few miles on the car but hopefully I will have a chance to get it out this weekend and put it through its paces.

I will keep you posted!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by c32used
Hey SRT6-Man doesn't the SRT6 have two plugs per cylinder like my C32? I asked cause I posted a thread on the MBwold.org forum about the pulstar plugs you use and I was told since the cylinder has 2 plugs it burns of efficiently already that no gain will come from those plugs to my car.
Yes, 2 plugs per cylinder....How They Work

For 100 years, ignition technology has been dominated by spark plugs (see history of spark plugs). Pulse plugs are a radical departure from spark plugs. Their physical dimensions are the same as spark plugs because they have to interface with the engine and ignition system just like spark plugs. But this is where the similarity ends.
See our Video/Testimonial...

Pulse plugs incorporate a pulse circuit, which stores incoming electrical energy from the ignition system and releases the stored energy in a powerful pulse of power. Instead of 50 watts of peak power typical of all spark plugs, pulse plugs deliver up to 1 million watts of peak power. So where does the pulse plug get its incredible power? You'll have to make up your own decesion.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:47 PM

Think that intake would work on a non SRT-6 xfire if you remove the cover?

Old 02-08-2008, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by BDJ's Racing
I sell the breather filters in my shop. $15. We have different colors as well.

I would sell and make as many Y's as needed. let me make another one, and see how long it takes, so i can get everybody a price. The whole intake took about 6 hours to make, after looking at it for a bit to get the basic idea. I just saw the other pics of the intakes with the filters in front of the radiator. I am going to play with that on monday.

WELL IF YOU DECIDE TO PRODUCE THESE, AND CAN MAKE THE FILTERS COME OUT IN FRONT OF THE RADIATOR, I WOULD DEFINITELY BUY THIS PRODUCT LET ME KNOW IF YOU COULD JUST GIVE THE DIMENSIONS OF THE PIPES AND I CAN GET MY PIPE BENDER TO SEE WHAT HE CAN DO

Old 02-08-2008, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by miller689
WELL IF YOU DECIDE TO PRODUCE THESE, AND CAN MAKE THE FILTERS COME OUT IN FRONT OF THE RADIATOR, I WOULD DEFINITELY BUY THIS PRODUCT LET ME KNOW IF YOU COULD JUST GIVE THE DIMENSIONS OF THE PIPES AND I CAN GET MY PIPE BENDER TO SEE WHAT HE CAN DO
There is no room on the drivers side, if you remove the factory plastic pass through you will see that it only has 1-1.5 inches of clearance. It could be done on the passenger side only, but it would have to be done like needswings with a crimped piece of hose. The problem is the radiator/condensor unit is to wide to allow clearance. You could buy a new thinner radiator/condensor unit, or hack your frame, most srt6 owners like myself are not willing to do this as its not practical or cost effective. One last option is to shape a piece of pipe the size of the opening on the passenger side, but i fear rubbing the plastic side of the radiator will lead to a hole eventually.

There is a reason the intake was built the way it was, all options were considered.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:47 PM

Has anyone considered extinding the inlet tubes or making a funnel to channel the air to the filters

Old 12-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

I don't own an SRT, but you have done an outstanding job, I like the "Y" the best of all.

James

Old 05-03-2013, 07:07 AM

Are these still available?