Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

MY Cold Air Intake!!

Old 12-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: MY Cold Air Intake!!

Originally Posted by SRTpowa
Nice work! Looks real good.Where did you get that breather filter? I'm debating wherther or not to tap my intake and run a new hose or just put a filter on it.
I would highly suggest tapping into the intake rather than a simple breather. You need some vacuum to pull out the pressure that builds inside the crankcase (block). Without the gases being properly extracted you might end up with more blow by or engine oil leaks. It won't affect the power at all having it plumbed in there.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there has been many write ups on this on many other cars. the intake will suck in hot oil fumes, not helping in performance. on the other hand positive crankcase vacuum is great as well. i am not sure if i am leavin it, or modding the intake.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:15 PM

I had it breathing to the outside and then changed it to the intake and found no difference. Nice setup, it's almost identical to the way I used to have mine set up. I got gains out of it but got flamed on the benzworld forum for everyone being skeptical about it sucking in hot air... never got a before and after dyno to prove it. Any plans on getting this dyno'd?

Old 12-11-2007, 09:50 AM

Yeh, 240M3 is going to get one of my intakes, and do a before and after. he doesnt get his car for a week or two still. I am going to build 3 more t-couplers and see if they sell, or will just sell my whole intake kit.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:06 AM

Let me know when you get them made, I may buy two of them off of you.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:50 AM

I might have them done today!! i will keep you posted

Old 12-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Forum Regular

How much for the y-pipe?

Old 12-12-2007, 12:27 PM

Y-Pipe $180
Complete air intake $450
PCV Breather $15

The blue filters is all i can get my hands on, and the only filters i know that will fit. All parts are plus shipping. T-bolt clamps are optional on the intake for $25 total on all 4.

*Thanks John for the order!!! I will send you the tracking number in a few*

Brian 817-741-9242

Old 12-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BDJ's Racing
Y-Pipe $180
Complete air intake $450
PCV Breather $15

The blue filters is all i can get my hands on, and the only filters i know that will fit. All parts are plus shipping. T-bolt clamps are optional on the intake for $25 total on all 4.

*Thanks John for the order!!! I will send you the tracking number in a few*

Brian 817-741-9242
you have a before and after dyno?

Old 12-13-2007, 09:52 AM

No dyno results. i dont ever have time for things like that. i know that there is no restrictions at all on the set up. i noticed a night and day difference with it. maybe somebody will dyno it that i have sold them too.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BDJ's Racing
No dyno results. i dont ever have time for things like that. i know that there is no restrictions at all on the set up. i noticed a night and day difference with it. maybe somebody will dyno it that i have sold them too.
no time to prove to your customers what you're product can do?

hey rob, looks like you're going to get my business.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:32 PM

Well i think you took it the wrong way. i have a one man shop. i answer phones, take orders, updated forums and my website, R&D all parts, build and ship everything as well. This is not an excuse, just some things about my shop. I am sorry you feel that way. I did not see a dyno on anybody elses products yet??

IMO The single 3" systems that people make and are on the market are not ideal. The throttle body inlet is right at 3" ID. With people that are doing mods, especially pullies and ecu flashes, are going to need as much air flow as possible. I do like the idea of the filters in front of the radiator, here are my personal opinions on the down fall of them.

1. Rain and water in the direction of the filter
2. The core support where it goes through by the radiator is not 3", it is rectangular
3. People put silicone couplers through the core support,to run the filters in front and get about as much flow as a 2.5" tube, because of the thickness of the 3" coupler folded up to make it through the rectangular core support opening.

From the pics i have posted, you can clearly see about 25% of the filters in the direct path of the ram air from the grilles, with NO compromise of water, even washing the car. This is why I designed and sell a twin intake setup. Best of all worlds together. Ram Air, No water issues, Looks Awsome, and performance you can feel!!

I will have it dynoed eventually, i just have to fill the orders so far, and get one thing done at a time.

Also if people are familiar with the Vara Ram Intake Setups on Corvettes, will know, these twin intake setups, they make way more time and mph at the track, then on the dyno.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Forum Regular

Subscribing for updates.... Nice lookin' intake. Throttle response is no doubt a bit better, along with the top end. Let's see what the buyers do with them at the track/dyno. Maybe one can do a comparo on the two as they install and use the BDJ vs. Stock. Your SRT-4 intakes are awesome.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:35 PM

OR

You could make your own custom fiberglass hood and make an air box that sits right on top of the throttle body that has zero restrictions as well as cold air and ram air all-in-one.

And I've driven in POURING rain -- too thick to see through the windshield -- no problems with excess water coming in yet. The way our intakes loop through everything before finally hitting the valves make it near impossible to hydrolock it, and I'm running water/alcohol injection anyways, I put in more water on purpose than would ever come in during the rain. All it does is get atomized by the supercharger and then cools off the intercooler on its way to the manifold.

Had a big ice storm here in Oklahoma. I can post more pictures when it melts.

P.S. I used to have the twin-3-inch aluminum tube with Y-pipe and twin filter setup (as pictured in my avatar) and it was great. I had the methanol injection tapped right before the throttle body. Now I have the nozzle tapped directly into the intercooler, which is HIGHLY recommended.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ice1.JPG (155.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg
ice3.JPG (145.7 KB, 43 views)
Old 12-13-2007, 09:02 PM

Those are some really nice ice sculptures in your attachments.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:13 PM

Well i see that some people are starting to get mad and bad mouth on here, i am not here for that reason at all and did not even have the intention of selling anything i custom made for my car. I showed step by step on the parts i have built and what i have done to help people out. Now it seems like every other forums that i join.

People contacted me for the sale of one. So i will sell a few.

Cant we all get along

Last edited by BDJ's Racing; 12-14-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Forum Regular

Not sure why people are jumping all over this.

BDJ made an intake, posted some pictures, people on the board stated they were interested in the design and were interested in purchasing the intake.

Given the situation and the fact that BDJ does not seem to be on here trying to push his intake I do not blame him for having no interest in dyno'ing his intake. I would not be overly interested in providing a dyno in this case either.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:19 PM

In all honestly, an intake is an intake. When it comes to having a factory airbox vs a 3" pipe, you'll get the same improvement with any 3" setup, the half of a percentage of difference you may get from the different filters or minor differences in bends is not substantial enough to justify purchasing the more expensive intake kit. BDJ, the thing you have to realize is everyone's a critic and whether it's "feeling more comfortable with purchasing something more expensive" or "I've already bought mine so I'm going to nay-say anyone looking for a cheaper alternative" or just the people looking for excuses not to buy from a smaller vendor... OR (my favorite) people that think they know it all and are complete experts on everything in the world that like to give 5 different reasons why your intake may be crap then when they have nothing they say it's crap because you don't have a dyno sheet.

Well, just ignore them. They have their own problems.

And I didn't aim this at anyone in particular or mean to offend anyone, I just call it as I see it.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:56 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by AMGrasoul
In all honestly, an intake is an intake. When it comes to having a factory airbox vs a 3" pipe, you'll get the same improvement with any 3" setup, the half of a percentage of difference you may get from the different filters or minor differences in bends is not substantial enough to justify purchasing the more expensive intake kit. BDJ, the thing you have to realize is everyone's a critic and whether it's "feeling more comfortable with purchasing something more expensive" or "I've already bought mine so I'm going to nay-say anyone looking for a cheaper alternative" or just the people looking for excuses not to buy from a smaller vendor... OR (my favorite) people that think they know it all and are complete experts on everything in the world that like to give 5 different reasons why your intake may be crap then when they have nothing they say it's crap because you don't have a dyno sheet.

Well, just ignore them. They have their own problems.

And I didn't aim this at anyone in particular or mean to offend anyone, I just call it as I see it.
Very well said!!

I would add that some folks like to work on their own cars and design/built/install their own mods. Good therapy. With so many options out there for intake components one can really use their imagination.

I've spent more time in the last 6 mos wrenching on my SRT6 then in 14+ years with my truck.

This car is fun.

Keep up the great work BDJ - I think yours looks the best in the SRT engine bay.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The dual setup does look nice and symetrical. It is more attractive overall than the NW intake. I would be a bit concerned about the turbulence at the Y-pipe.

In another post, it was suggested that there be an Intake shotout. I think that's good idea. I want to see what everyone brings to the table.

Quick Reply: MY Cold Air Intake!!