Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Aluminum Intake Manifolds for srt6

Old 04-06-2008, 06:29 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Aluminum Intake Manifolds for srt6

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
WOW, i just took the car for a spin with them installed, ill have to get ti on a dyno asap! i took the car out this morning with the gtec to get my baselines, and again for the test drive with the mani' installed, GREAT improvement, ill keep the numbers to mysef until we get the real dyno sheet but right now im very happy. this project will go forth!
Rob - Are you going to the Midwest Drags on the 12th?

Old 04-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

na sorry, ill be hitting one of our local tracks this comming weekend, now that there open its nto worth traveling to a track at this point.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:44 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

na sorry, ill be hitting one of our local tracks this comming weekend, now that there open its nto worth traveling to a track at this point.
I'm looking forward to some heads up SRT6 competition..

Needswings...
Renntech....
LET .....
& custom ...

You should reconsider - Others are traveling further

Might be good for your product promotion.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:59 PM

im not ready for competition to start scopeing out our pre released stuff

im down for a day after the dream cruise track outing tho, thats far enough away that no one can have any excuses.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:12 PM

Any pics of what the final build will look like, or decision on what will be on top: SRT 6, NeedsWings?

Old 04-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How about my real estate logo so I can write it off as advertising.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:01 PM

we can problbly custom cut whatever you guys want on top on the waterjetter, yes we could do the real estate logo also, that would be slick! - but sir i had to have them to make it to all my appointments on time

Old 04-08-2008, 04:23 PM

just got back from the dyno, we went to a different shop then we originally did our cai testing on, this new dyno wasnt as "happy" as the other.

im keeping the graphs to ourselfs for now since there will be a few more tweaks to the design to help the flow and idiot-proof the installation of them.

our baseline (our CAI, asp pulleys, and cutout closed) made 317hp 319tq and was backed up with another 317hp and 31xtq. again this is a different dyno then the one we made 300 stock and 330 with the cai on. car is much more powerful with the pulleys installed so please dont make the assumption that we lost power with them. the original shop wasnt available so we made do today. were looking at consistance changes on the same dyno today.

swapped in the new aluminum manifolds and made 351hp 342tq with a nice expanding gain all the way across the rpm band, we were even climbing up to redline whereas before the mani's the hp would fall off about 5700

opened up the cutout, wow was it loud, everyone there had their ears covered, power peaked around 5400 and plataeu'd from there till redline, made 360hp 355tq

i'll have to redyno once the production versions are ready for you guys

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
im004924.jpg (400.2 KB, 109 views)
Old 04-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just got back from the dyno, we went to a different shop then we originally did our cai testing on, this new dyno wasnt as "happy" as the other.

im keeping the graphs to ourselfs for now since there will be a few more tweaks to the design to help the flow and idiot-proof the installation of them.

our baseline (our CAI, asp pulleys, and cutout closed) made 317hp 319tq and was backed up with another 317hp and 31xtq. again this is a different dyno then the one we made 300 stock and 330 with the cai on. car is much more powerful with the pulleys installed so please dont make the assumption that we lost power with them. the original shop wasnt available so we made do today. were looking at consistance changes on the same dyno today.

swapped in the new aluminum manifolds and made 351hp 342tq with a nice expanding gain all the way across the rpm band, we were even climbing up to redline whereas before the mani's the hp would fall off about 5700

opened up the cutout, wow was it loud, everyone there had their ears covered, power peaked around 5400 and plataeu'd from there till redline, made 360hp 355tq

Wow, that is totaly awsome. Its amazing how much untapped potential these cars have. Good job NW.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:07 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Get that bad boy out to the Midwest Drags!!!

Keep the hood down or take a car cover with you. Would like to see your SRT lay down some smokin numbers....

Old 04-08-2008, 06:08 PM

+1 for Rob. Nice work on another great product.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have any tuning done? If not you really got something going with this mod! I'm slobbering! With a tune your easy 400 to the wheels.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:08 PM

That's quite impressive! How much are these gonna go for when they are released?

I had a feeling the cutouts were only good for about 10whp, at least according to my but dyno. Not quite as much as I hoped for. Every little bit helps, but I also prefer the stock exhasut with the supercharger whine over my obnoxiously loud cutouts

Old 04-08-2008, 09:23 PM

if the gains are true... than they are absolutely massive... eh.. another part to add to an endless list of must buys...

Old 04-08-2008, 10:10 PM

How about a potential cost for these????

Old 04-09-2008, 03:39 AM
Life is random...so am I.

Nice.......I'd love to see that beast on the dyno again!

I've said it before........there's some pretty damn interesting stuff coming out of the NeedsWings shop!

Old 04-09-2008, 05:14 AM
Forum Regular

Where do I click add to cart ?
Put me on the list to buy as soon as you will sell!

K.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This might end up being the strongest single mod yet (other than nitrous). Whats a ballpark price for this NW? Keep up the good work!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:33 PM

im trying to keep them in 3 digits for you guys

Old 04-09-2008, 08:29 PM

$9.99?

TRYING to keep them in the 3 digits? Yikes. Goup buy Discount!

Quick Reply: Aluminum Intake Manifolds for srt6