Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Hope your instrument panel doesn't fail!!!

Old 10-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hope your instrument panel doesn't fail!!!

Update: I took my car in due to the failure of the seatbelt alarm and for the dealer to check some other minor things. A day later they informed me that my entire instrument cluster had to be replaced. They said that it would take 2 days to get the part. Well, it's been 2 weeks now and I was told that they have no idea when the part will arrive. I was told that they are trying to reach the point of contact, but nobody has responded to them. The dealer told me "Sorry, don't know what else to tell ya... Well call you when we know something."

Old 10-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Default Re: Hope your instrument panel doesn't fail!!!

I don't know if this might help, but I had the same kind of problem with a relay. When I heard Chrysler was going on strike I called customer support, on their website. I had been waiting for about 10 days, when I called. They called me the next afternoon and said the relay had been delivered to the dealer. Could have been a coincidence. It might be worth a shot. By the way, they still haven't figured out what is wrong that my alarms don't work for seatbelt, lights left on, and key in the ignition. It may turn into a long fall... Good luck, let me know what happens.

Derf

Old 10-12-2007, 07:21 PM

Thanks, maybe I'll give that a try. My alarms and lights were doing the same thing. They traced it to the instrument cluster.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:45 AM

Update: After not returning my calls for 2 days, I finally spoke to the service manager. Some how, the original problem of the loss of my seatbelt alarm (no lights, etc.) has turned into no ABS, seatbelt warning lights on the dash on, and computer glitches. They installed the new Instrument panel that took 3 weeks to get only to discover that wasn't the problem. Said Chrysler was to blame for that one! Now awaiting a replacement ABS module that should be here no later than Thursday (that's what they told me about the console 3 weeks ago)!! He also told me that the car has been outside the entire time!! I am going to inspect the heck out of the car for sure. This is my first experience taking the car in for service. I thought having the warranty was a good thing, but not if this is what happens when the car goes in for repairs.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What does an ABS module have to do with the seat belts? It sounds like they mucked something else up in the process of fixing your problem.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:14 AM

My thoughts exactly. I asked them how my alarm problem escalated to this. The response was that the seatbelt light and alarm is some how linked to the abs controller. I said what?! Just fix it! They just kept blaming it on Chrysler. "That's what Chrysler told us to do..." B.S.!

Last edited by cgocifer; 10-16-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:11 PM

The nonsense continues!!

I was assured that the car would be ready today. NOT!!! The service manager won't return my calls and nobody will answer any questions. I'm going there in person tomorrow. I am so regretting getting this car now!! Mainly for the lack of support for the vehicle.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by cgocifer
The nonsense continues!!

I was assured that the car would be ready today. NOT!!! The service manager won't return my calls and nobody will answer any questions. I'm going there in person tomorrow. I am so regretting getting this car now!! Mainly for the lack of support for the vehicle.
It's not the cars fault. There are dealer out there that will do their best to take of you. Sounds like you got one that doesn't, or perhaps doesn't have a Crossfire Certified technician. Once you get it back. take it to another dealership. Call Chrysler Customer Service.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Angry Re: Hope your instrument panel doesn't fail!!!

I understand that it isn't the car's fault, but the lack of support for this vehicle makes the ownership experience less than enjoyable. My buddy's Infiniti had it's entire engine replaced under warranty in less time than it's taken Chrysler to diagnose the problem with my car!!!! What is that? The first question I asked the service manager was whether or not they had a certified Crossfire tech. He told me they did. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't mess anything else up. Being in the back lot this long, I can only imagine how filthy the car is, let alone, how many scratches or blemishes there are now.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by cgocifer
I understand that it isn't the cars fault, but the lack of support for this vehicle makes the ownership experience less than enjoyable. My buddy's Infiniti had it's entire engine replaced under warranty in less time than its taken Chrysler to diagnose the problem with my car!!! What is that? The first question I asked the service manager was whether or not they had a certified Crossfire tech. He told me they did. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't mess anything else up. Being in the back lot this long, I can only imagine how filthy the car is, let alone, how many scratches or blemishes there are now.
Tell them that the car stays covered indoors, and demand a FULL reconditioning before you will accept it back.

There is a dealer not too far from me that also has a MB dealer inhouse at the same location. If my old standby doesnt' come through for me, it's going there.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:01 AM

If it's one thing I've learned from all the threads at the forum, it's do your homework when it comes to getting any service done at a Chrysler dealer. That said, when I had to get my SRT-6 in for service for the transmission leak, I called all the Chrysler dealers in my area (Minneapolis - St.Paul) to first ask if they had a certified Crossfire tech, and second, if they had the seals in stock. The third question was if they could give you the name of the mechanic(s) and if they work on Viper's as well.
When I made the appointment and drove it in the next morning, they just happen to have two Vipers up on the hoists - I had a much better feeling they knew what they were doing. I wasn't disappointed - I was driving the car later that day with no problems.

I realize this was a fairly simple fix, but sometimes you can eliminate a lot over the phone with simple questions to their service manager. I also realize I'm lucky living in a larger metro area.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:46 PM

I went to the dealer today to find out why my car still wasn't completed. They have two Crossfire techs. Again, they screwed up.
Recap: I took it in for a faulty seatbelt sensor, among other things. First they said they needed to replace the entire instrument cluster. Next, they said that didn't work, so they called Chrysler and they said to replace the computer module. That didn't work, so they finally traced the wiring diagram to... ready? A $10 dollar seatbelt switch. I'm not a certified Crossfire mechanic, but even I suggested to them that it was probably a simple switch failure.

My car has been at the dealer for over a month now. The entire interior is removed and sitting in storage. I'm talking seats, panels, dash, etc. All of this for a simple switch??!! I'm so upset with their incompetence, I don't even know what to do. Even if they do get it back together correctly, I'm sure I'll find scuffs, marks, grease, etc. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

I did do my research. I figured this was a very simple problem that could easily be fixed in a day or two. Holy crap, if this was a major problem with the engine, I have no idea how they could even attempt to fix it.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 16Vjab
That said, when I had to get my SRT-6 in for service for the transmission leak, I called all the Chrysler dealers in my area (Minneapolis - St.Paul)...
I live in the Minneapolis area, too. Where did you take your car?

Old 11-09-2007, 09:31 PM

Well, got the car back only to discover that the interior was scratched and scuffed, and the leather on the pass. seat indented from a heavy piece they had sitting on there for nearly two months. I showed the service manager and told her I would only work with her from now on. I repaired the leather using an iron (see one of my other posts). She had some repair service look at the interior. They actually did a great job and not only repaired all of the scuffs and scratches in the plastic that the dealer made, he restored all surfaces back to brand new condition. Not sure how he did it, but it looks perfect! I would recommend this to anyone with those annoying scrapes these fragile plastic coatings tend to get. BUT, he couldn't repair the passenger arm rest, which is now on order, and when removing the blue painter's tape from the center, silver plastic surrounding the gear shift lever, the silver paint and clear coat came with it!! Needless to say, that part is on order as well. Oh, the original problem, the annoying seatbelt alarm that wasn't working? Yeah, still doesn't work. I don't care though, I'm done with this fiasco. They spent over 1,700 bucks replacing things that didn't need to be replaced and they screwed up my interior. No more, I'll deal with a quiet seatbelt alarm.

Old 11-10-2007, 04:24 AM
Forum Regular

If anyone needs an instrument cluster, I have one for sale.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:52 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by knowit
If anyone needs an instrument cluster, I have one for sale.
Can you post some pics of the back of the cluster, I'm wondering if there is a way to chande the dash light color.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:26 PM

How much for the panel?