Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

srt6 3" CAI sneak peak

Old 10-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: srt6 3" CAI sneak peak

Originally Posted by msheredy
I don't think you understand the basic principals of an internal combustion engine. If you want to make more horsepower you need to get more air (oxygen) into the engine. It has been common practice to swap out the factory air cleaner assembly with a free flowing one since the 60's. Hell maybe even earlier? This has always been one of the first items to upgrade on a quest to make more power.
My response was due to temperature difference, not airflow. If you look at my first comment in this thread, you'll notice that I said this will be a good mod if it gets rid of a lot of restriction in the stock intake path. I personally don't buy into the "colder" air aspect, simple as that. The delta temp won't be nearly enough to make any sort of difference. That's my personal opinion based on experience. Does this mean that this won't be a good product? Absolutely not.

And if you understand the basic principles of forced induction, you'll remember that cooling the charge temp after the air has been compressed is more important than cooling the air coming through the filter.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:47 PM

hey i'm new to this i have a 2005 Srt-6 and i like what you did to your car. how much more power you get for mod you air intake.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:56 PM

need to know if i can replace the 18 in rims in the front with 19 inch rims and if anyone has done yet. also need to know if that will be good idea. i'm new to this forum. please let me know. i would like to do that soon.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crossbow
need to know if i can replace the 18 in rims in the front with 19 inch rims and if anyone has done yet. also need to know if that will be good idea. i'm new to this forum. please let me know. i would like to do that soon.
Go here and search. There is an entire section of the forum just on Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension. The answers you seek can be found there.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...splay.php?f=89

There are people that have done 19's in the front and 20's in the back. The offsets have to be spot on or the fronts WILL rub. Hell, my factory tires and rims rub a little in hard turns.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Forum Regular

Subscribing for updates... Interesting product... Looks cool... Check dyno and real world performance over a longer period of time with some measurement numbers and we will see... Pls post results, whomever does testing on this CAI. Thx.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by matadorCE
My response was due to temperature difference, not airflow. If you look at my first comment in this thread, you'll notice that I said this will be a good mod if it gets rid of a lot of restriction in the stock intake path. I personally don't buy into the "colder" air aspect, simple as that. The delta temp won't be nearly enough to make any sort of difference. That's my personal opinion based on experience. Does this mean that this won't be a good product? Absolutely not.

And if you understand the basic principles of forced induction, you'll remember that cooling the charge temp after the air has been compressed is more important than cooling the air coming through the filter.
I have to agree. I realize that the cooler air is more dense therefore has the potential for more power but in my opinion has to be a significant difference. For example, I lived in Pa. all my life. I have had numerous cars with HP intakes - some true cold air and some not but not as nearly as restrictive as stock. I could not tell any noticeable differences not only between the two but on a 10 degree day in the winter or a 90 degree in the summer.

Another example is my SRT-6. Against everyone's school of thought, I replaced the stock intake and filter boxes with 3 inch dual intake tubes that have exposed K&N's at the ends just in front of the engine. True, I am sucking hotter air sitting in traffic but my theory is once moving, there is little to no difference in intake air temps.

On top of all this, the seat of the pants factor is a difference between night and day. Push the pedal to the floor and it takes off more like a rocket now than ever. This is the bottom line for me to determine what works and what is more hype than fact.

Steve

Old 10-08-2007, 07:53 PM

Any Track Times / Dyno #'s?

How about a sound clip?

Old 10-11-2007, 05:13 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Where they at? I need to get one before my trackday next weekend!

Old 10-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Rob,

I was daydreaming when I thought of the possibility of making the aluminum tube out of Carbon Fiber (CF). Any thoughts on producing a version like that? I've been reading that CF has very good heat insulating properties as well. Just a thought.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:42 PM
RPM

Any updates?