Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Issue with SRT Track Experience

Old 02-11-2007 | 09:58 PM
|
Default Issue with SRT Track Experience

Hi all,

I registered last week and wrote a lengthy post concerning a problem I had with SRTTE. Unfortunately that post disappeared into the ether. Instead of trying to duplicate it, I'm just going to relate the highlights of the problem I had.

As most of you probably know, purchasing a SRT vehicle allows you to attend a SRTTE event for free since the cost of the event has already been factored into the purchase price of the vehicle. I bought my SRT Aero Blue coupe last year in Jan. In Sep I registered for the SRTTE online (www.srttrackexperience.com) to attend the event Oct 29th in Fontana, California since this was the closest event to me in San Diego.

The homepage of SRTTE had a statement stating that if your vehicle was ordered after Apr 1st, 2005 then you would not have to pay to attend, else a $500 fee applied. Since I bought my car off a dealer lot in Jan 2006 I figured that I could attend for free. Oddly I had to provide credit card information to complete registration so I called SRTTE about this and was told it was probably due to my VIN not yet being in their system.

The event was a blast but I'll save the details for another post if anyone is interested. However, in Nov my credit card showed a $500 charge from SRTTE. I again called SRTTE and was told that my car was not eligible because the order date requirement referred to when the DEALER ordered, not the customer, and that my car was ordered well before Apr 1, 2005.

I contested the charge and was successful in having it dropped a few weeks ago and since it hasn't reappeared, I assume SRTTE has decided not to continue with any further collection efforts.

So the moral of this post is that those of you with the SRT-6 who are thinking about attending a track experience, you'll need to confirm with SRTTE that your eligible to attend for free, else plan on paying $500.

As a side note, the SRTTE homepage now has a statement that reads "Please Note: If your vehicle was BUILT (my capitalization) after April 1st, 2005 there will be no charge to register for an event. If it was built before April 1, 2005, there will be a $500 fee." What's amusing is that if you click on the registration link, your taken to a second page. On this page there is a statement that reads "If you are an SRT owner who ORDERED (my capitalization again) your car AFTER April 1, 2005, you will not be required to enter credit card information for yourself. The Track Experience cost is included in the cost of your car..."

I wished my first post could have been of a happier nature but some of the internet information I used to challenge the charge is no longer available so I doubt such an outcome could now be repeated.

And of course I wound up writing a post just as long as my original one.

Brent

PS - Is there a spell check feature for posts, or am I doomed to having the whole world see my spelling errors?

Old 02-11-2007 | 10:30 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Issue with SRT Track Experience

If your SRT-6 is eligible for the track experience it will be listed on the window sticker. I had the same problem. The fee use to be $300, but went up sometime in '06 to the $500 it currently is at. I would have gone to it over at Daytona last year for the $300, but I think the five is to much, at least to me. Enjoy your SRT and welcome to the forum.

Old 02-11-2007 | 10:52 PM
|
Default Re: Issue with SRT Track Experience

Thanks for the welcome.

It didn't occur to me at first that the TE would be on the window sticker. Afterwards I thought about it but if that became a focal point, I was prepared to point out that there were only forty some features listed on the window sticker while the Chrysler website listed something like ninety standard features for the SRT-6, and that therefore the window sticker couldn't be taken at face value. I think what ultimately convinced my credit card provider was that SRTTE was listed as one of the standard features for the 6. Unfortunately that little tidbit is longer available on the Chrysler site.

I thought the TE was worth $300 but balked at $500 myself. Then again, I'd be happy to spend $400 to ride around in a B-17 for 45 minutes the next time an airshow comes to San Diego.

The SRT-6 is the most impractical, expensive and, not counting the high school cars, has the lowest mileage of any car I've owned. It also has the best build quality, performance and is the most entertaining car to drive that I've ever owned or even driven.

Brent