Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Someone on XF has a 'particularly strong' C32/SRT-6 Motor. [Dyno - SI Stage I]

Old 07-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Someone on XF has a 'particularly strong' C32/SRT-6 Motor. [Dyno - SI Stage I]

Message Deleted

Last edited by AMGLover; 09-05-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Someone on XF has a 'particularly strong' C32/SRT-6 Motor. [Dyno - SI Stage I]

Originally Posted by AMGLover
Ok…bragging rights. AMG makes two limited slips, one that requires new drive shafts one that does not… your best way to get info on this is to google a C/32 slk/32 copy the vin and call a m-b dealer, say you have an AMG x32 vin # and you are looking for the AMG limited slip diff – regular and 40% they should give you $$$, see if you can get the part #.

Now getting more ponies out of the puppy will require 2 things 1) as I said tuning the ECU to move redline to 6,500 rpm or so and 2) re-map the tranny shift points up to match the rpm and torque curve. Stock you should be good on the drive train 395-405 rwhp without playing with intake or exhaust – just ecu. Heat may become an issue due to where you live so you may have to make the side strake vents functional and change the lower grille to open up the plugged areas.

Drivability – 1) wider stickier tires in the rear. 2) engine bay brace 3) Door braces…to reduce flex... And never race with the top down - creates huge amounts of drag.
great tip on getting mb part info!

sure doing the remap and ecu tune can get me there, but can it get me there safely? you know of a shop that can do this.

tire mods is already on the list.

as far as racing with the top down, no can do.. not with a helmet on anyway. the only way to comfortably fit, is to drive like a cholo in his low rider... well you get the picture... :-)

Old 07-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Forum Regular

You can not get the AMG Limited Slip from a Mercedes Dealership. This part used to only be available if you took your car to one of the European AMG Facilities. Now there are a couple of companies that claim they can order it for you.

You do have other options:

1 - You can get a Kleeman unit
2 - You can get a Phantom Grip

Old 07-09-2007, 07:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT6_Roadster
You can not get the AMG Limited Slip from a Mercedes Dealership. This part used to only be available if you took your car to one of the European AMG Facilities. Now there are a couple of companies that claim they can order it for you.

You do have other options:

1 - You can get a Kleeman unit
2 - You can get a Phantom Grip
One question... how? As far as I know Kleeman does not import their LSDs... and even if they did none are fitted for us...

Also I was under the impression that the SLK32, C32, and Crossfire SRT 6... would not have matching Fits for the LSDs...

Old 07-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Forum Regular

Ok…bragging rights. AMG makes two limited slips, one that requires new drive shafts one that does not… your best way to get info on this is to google a C/32 slk/32 copy the vin and call a m-b dealer, say you have an AMG x32 vin # and you are looking for the AMG limited slip diff – regular and 40% they should give you $$$, see if you can get the part #.
Ok, i did some searching for a quaife lsd that will fit a c32 and they share the same part # with the Dodge Magnum (non-srt), and 300c (non-srt). Is this what you were talking about and would it fit on the srt6?

W203 C32 AMG (210 axle) models with push-in axles - PN 48.309.190

Old 07-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Forum Regular

Message Deleted

Last edited by AMGLover; 09-05-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Forum Regular

Message Deleted

Old 07-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Forum Regular

Message Deleted

Old 07-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Forum Regular

yes the re-map will get you there without blowing up the engine...remember that AMG trickles down the parts that they put on much heavier more powerful cars into the little ones (the 32 project shared many parts with the E and SL projects). Can't SI do it?

Oh boy you will have a hell of a time with the top down due to excessive drag - remember drag is exponential to speed. Sit lower!
I don't know if they can do it or not. I'm sure if they could do it safely they would have done it to my car when they were working on it. I bugged them enough times that my goal was 400 rwhp. Sure there were still some things that they could have done to get it close to 400 but would have cost me a lot of money and no real guarantee that i get the 400.

Talking to Jesse, he did mention that he can get me there with a turbo setup. Pretty pricey but would actually might be the more economical way to get there than doing it in bits and pieces.

It looks like they've been working on a turbo setup based on Jose's last post. So I'm looking forward to see what they've come up with.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:48 PM

Thread high jacked baby.

I think you should be able to run with the top down if you get a real racing seat in there, like derek has. Mount it a little lower and i'm sure it is much thinner than your cushy srt seat. Just an idea, seems to me like you would lose a lot of straight line speed with the top down.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Forum Regular

There is starting to be some bad information in this thread.

1 - You can not purchase the AMG Limited Slip from an MB dealership. They do not import the parts for the C32/SLK32.

2 - Kleeman has installed the Limited slip on at least one SLK32 in the US. Not sure if they have done more. You can contact Kleeman directly and discuss with them.

3 - The SLK32/SRT-6 does not share the same differential with the C32. If I remember correctly the C32 shares the diff with the W210 E55 (1st Gen, non-sc'd). The SLK32/SRT-6 shares the diff with the older C43.

The Kleeman diff has 60% locking the AMG has 40% locking.

I do not know anyone that has installed the Quafie into the SLK32 or the SRT-6.

Whether it was asked or not to utilize the LSD you do not need to reprogram the ECU.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by x'ed
Thread high jacked baby.

I think you should be able to run with the top down if you get a real racing seat in there, like derek has. Mount it a little lower and i'm sure it is much thinner than your cushy srt seat. Just an idea, seems to me like you would lose a lot of straight line speed with the top down.
no problem... been wondering where you've been. you've been awfully quiet lately.

yeah switching seats did cross my mind but i kinda like the heated seats. ;-)

besides i'm doing track days just for fun and have no plans to compete. and if i do, i'd work on getting a fully functional roll cage before I change the seats. the last time i was at SOW, there was a subie ahead of me that rolled over. i don't know if the convertible top being down will make a big difference on a rollover.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SRT6_Roadster
There is starting to be some bad information in this thread.

1 - You can not purchase the AMG Limited Slip from an MB dealership. They do not import the parts for the C32/SLK32.

2 - Kleeman has installed the Limited slip on at least one SLK32 in the US. Not sure if they have done more. You can contact Kleeman directly and discuss with them.

3 - The SLK32/SRT-6 does not share the same differential with the C32. If I remember correctly the C32 shares the diff with the W210 E55 (1st Gen, non-sc'd). The SLK32/SRT-6 shares the diff with the older C43.

The Kleeman diff has 60% locking the AMG has 40% locking.

I do not know anyone that has installed the Quafie into the SLK32 or the SRT-6.

Whether it was asked or not to utilize the LSD you do not need to reprogram the ECU.
That's probably why Quaife has ignored my emails awhile back to see if they have an LSD that will fit the srt. :-)

I got a buddy that knows of a shop that all they do is install/rebuild differentials on most cars. I'm going to give them a call and see what experience/info they've had on it. Is Quaife 60% locking?

Old 07-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Forum Regular

Message Deleted

Last edited by AMGLover; 09-05-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Forum Regular

1. Yes you can. I did it for my E45, and I have put in a request with my local service advisor, should hear back from them soon.

3. My bad... Had Franz put it on the lift and his 26 years working on MB's confirmed the rear differential on the Crossfire is from a W208 CLK...Not the W210 class or the older W202 class...so the Quaife is a no go. The AMG comes in 2 versions 30% and 40% the 40% needs new drive shafts since the flanges are different.

4. this may be a moot point since the AMG units are about $5,200...still think it's an option?
With my current HP #s, $5,200 is not an option. If i can get over 400+ rwhp, then i will get the LSD done.

My options are to wait for when the 2008 cars come out that comes with 400+ HP as standard option or spend a fraction of that to bumping the srt6 to over 400 and doing related upgrades. I prefer doing the latter, not just that it's the cheapest route but also to have an even more unique SRT6.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:18 PM

Sorry, a little late to this thread.

How can I get this stage one, AND have it installed/tuned?? I'm all the way in south Florida. This is the first decent mod for the SRT6 I've found and I'd hate to think distance is going to make it not possible.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by srt6cross
Sorry, a little late to this thread.

How can I get this stage one, AND have it installed/tuned?? I'm all the way in south Florida. This is the first decent mod for the SRT6 I've found and I'd hate to think distance is going to make it not possible.
send them a message through their site http://www.speedinnovation.com/

also a free bump to this thread cause it is a good one... and for those that missed it or registered past the time as many have been asking about mods lately... again...

Old 02-12-2008, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by feets
The first item posted doesn't tell me anything except lift. It's fairly useless for a cam comparison.
The second item is a red X.
Hello,

the specs I have for the Schrick-Cams are : Intake duration 268 degrees, Exhaust duration 272 degrees, 114deg, Intake Lift 7,25MM, Exhaust Lift 7,45mm, Intake lift @tdc 0,95, Exhaust lift @tdc 1,15mm.

Maybe someone can post the specs for the OEM SRT-6 cams...

Feets, does this help for a comparison? Would be very interesting...

Kind Regards
Bruno

Old 02-13-2008, 12:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got email back from Gary Peloquin of Peloquin transaxles, who makes torsen differentials for VW/Audis. He said that it would be possible for him to make torsen diffs for the Crossfire/SRT6/SLK320/SLK32 but it would take him some time to do this in balance with other commitments. No word back from him on what this means exactly and just how long "some time" is. His differentials are well regarded in the VAG tuning world, carry a lifetime warranty (the lifetime of Gary, probably) and are a relative bargain at $895, vs. the Quaife units at $1695.

If people are interested, please bug the man at:

Peloquin's Differentials
500 Harve Mathis Road
Athens, GA. 30601

Phone: 706.613.5339
Fax: 706.355.3942
Email: info@peloquins.com

Last edited by sonoronos; 02-13-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by HDDP
No problem Feets... Take a look at the specs... and then tell me that the Schrick cams are not better than the OEM... In my original post I meant lift & duration... Even though... They will only create an additional 7-10 hp for this engine... I gave you all the information at your finger tips... Do the comparison...

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/index.asp
Hello HDDP,

where you have got the information from, that the Schrick-Cams create 7-10HP for this engine? On the turnermotorsport homepage I can only find camshafts for BMW... I have talked to Schrick, they also said the Schrick cams are good for 8-10HP on a OEM AMG-32 Engine. Is it possible that it could be more if you already have Pullies and Intake mods etc. ?

Kind Regards
Bruno

Quick Reply: Someone on XF has a 'particularly strong' C32/SRT-6 Motor. [Dyno - SI Stage I]