Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Someone on XF has a 'particularly strong' C32/SRT-6 Motor. [Dyno - SI Stage I]

Old 02-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Someone on XF has a 'particularly strong' C32/SRT-6 Motor. [Dyno - SI Stage I]

Originally Posted by Sidez
If those are flywheel measurements they are not all that impressive are they?
In short, they are RWHP numbers.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Someone on XF has a 'particularly strong' C32/SRT-6 Motor. [Dyno - SI Stage I]

man you guys can't read! its a 1:1 ratio. it would be flywheel if it were corrected, say 1.3:1.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol. So is it fly wheel or rear wheel? If it is flywheel it isn't too impressive and if its rear wheel its extremely over the top lol...

Old 02-03-2007, 01:25 AM

I'm gonna have the owner of this car run Irwindale. It's not unbelievable if the car is also quite underrated.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:41 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JP@SI
I'm gonna have the owner of this car run Irwindale. It's not unbelievable if the car is also quite underrated.
and if i were you, i'd sponsor him for the silver state classic challenge as well.

Old 02-03-2007, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by srt6_crossfire
and if i were you, i'd sponsor him for the silver state classic challenge as well.
Only of this customer considers a track-bred suspension upgrade (much needed).

Old 02-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Forum Regular

Only of this customer considers a track-bred suspension upgrade (much needed).
I'm sure he'd go for it in a heartbeat if it was subsidized (partial or full) by the sponsor. I know, I'd go for that deal. haha

I'm sure the customer wouldn't mind placing some sort of advertisement on the car of the Tuner company and risk the flaming from the styling purists of this crossfire community. Plenty of room inside the glove compartment.

I'm sure this person wouldn't mind "taking one for the team". Looks like he's done so already. :-)

Old 02-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxwell
Yeah we know who it is, lol. have you made a 0-60 recording of the improved times yet? Curious as to what you've gained.

Now your really gonna smoke HDDP on the track.
No doubt about that... All he has to do is figure out that darn roll bar issue... Thank god he wouldn't be in my TTD class...

Old 02-04-2007, 06:33 PM

So when it the pulley/ECU package for the SRT-6 going to be available?

Old 02-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HDDP
No doubt about that... All he has to do is figure out that darn roll bar issue... Thank god he wouldn't be in my TTD class...
I've looked at the OEM rollbar and ways to replace or strengthen it. As you can see from the pic that I took on the xfire roadster, it looks like any replacement will have to go to the same space where the OEM part is right now. No space to extend it further to the side or towards the back unless I have no plans on raising or lowering the top.

Does anyone know how far down the rollbar go and how it is secured?

I did see something (see pic w/ chrome) on a Miata that might be an option. I'm guessing the bars that goes vertically alongside the seats goes all the way down and is bolted/welded on to something. Although, I have no idea if this is structurally sound and does provide protection.

Does anyone here have any ideas on how to strengthen/replace the OEM?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rollbar1.JPG (164.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg
miatarollbar.jpg (10.3 KB, 31 views)
Old 02-06-2007, 03:15 PM

More updates today!

Old 02-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Forum Regular

More updates today!
Final one??

Old 02-07-2007, 06:48 AM
Forum Regular

Alrighty folks final numbers are in...

All #'s posted are "to the ground" not BHP or FWHP.

Stock
321.7 lb TQ
327.5 HP

w/ SI Stage I (SL55 Intake Splitter, ECU, Pulleys, Tuning)
364.0 lb TQ
355.3 HP

I must admit that based on just numbers I was disappointed to see the final Stage I hp. Reason being, the car dyno'd max HP 352.1 with just the SL55 splitter + tuning. So obviously, I didn't think that adding pulleys and more tuning will just add another 3.2 HP. Figured pulleys plus tuning will add at a minimum 15 HP more. Actually dreamt of ending up with 380 HP... Then it would have been a no brainer to go for 400 HP... DAMN YOU, JOSE!

So before anyone gets all bent out of shape of the minimal gains after the pulley (no one should be, it's my car) lets look at the big picture and the end result...

Rev limiter removed, got $200 back after not needing and selling sprintbooster and...

Final #s --> converted to FWHP/TQ @ 15%
364.0 lb TQ --> 418.6 lb TQ
355.3 WHP --> 408.6 HP

Oh and almost forgot about the MONSTER TORQUE...

These for the most part are just as good or better than Renntech or Kleeman "claimed" numbers. Claimed because I have yet to see actual dyno's on SRT6 for the similar packages sold by those companies. Although I probably would have gone for Renntech as well if SI didn't come along just in time. You guys wanted real dyno numbers and no "butt dynos" well here you go...

(I'll scan and post final dyno later today.)

As far as how the car drives... low end torque is just freaking amazing... never seen my dashboard traction control light blink so long from mashing the gas from stop. I picked up my car in the evening and there was traffic on the way home and thick fog so I didn't get to test it out as much as I wanted to.

They did warn me that for my safety, I should never drive the car with Traction Control off after they did their own test drives and the car acting like a bull out of the gate when smashing the gas from stop. Due to thick fog and traffic, will look forward to disobeying tomorrow.

Overall, I'm glad I did it. It's just a shame that the final # was 355 and not 380 hp. I think its all a ploy by them to get me back to do more mods, hehe... I would think though that it would be to any tuner's best interest to get my car at its max power. They'd be getting so much business from the Benz owners trying to get mods to so they can beat the "Chrysler" that whooped their a$$... :P

So Jose and Jesse, if you're listening... get me more power and i'll pick on the stock C32's and slow down enough to hand them your business cards...

Last edited by srt6_crossfire; 02-07-2007 at 07:10 AM.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:17 PM

Haha, glad you enjoy your car!

Let me try to explain the 3.2 HP max gain up top:

Reason being that we're only seeing minimal max gains from intake + tuning -> pulley is because the software was tuned to nearly 80% of its full potential at "Stage1/2" already (i.e Jesse had done an amazing job on just an intake modification alone). The software was essentially WAITING for a pulley install and that last bit of tweaking to get the car more fuel, etc, to cover the shift of torque and horsepower in your powerband to the left (which is why you're enjoying all the low/mid while not losing ANY power whatsoever up-top, just keep gaining).

When you post the dyno (since you took our only copy) everyone will see how pulleys and tuning work together to compensate a low-end that was essentially "missing" to begin with. Result? With traction control off, the car drifts 6 feet to the left, 6 feet to the right and if you've still got control, drifts until 50-60 mph before hooking up.

Finally, we only warn you because your crossfire is literally a bat out of hell and now NEEDS anything to keep it from flying off the ground i.e. +width of tires/Michelin PS2s, more negative camber (even by lowering), some sort of track-ready suspension and stiff sway bars.

...but if the hunger for more power now nips away at you every second I can suggest the following further upgrades (especially to raise that high end power):

- Big Throttle Body Bore (have you compared what your intake used to look like with your now new upgrades?)
- Upgraded Cams
- SI Intercooler Upgrade (keep all those temps minimal - especially for the track days)

We can provide you with everything above (suffice to say, you'll be a few more stages up going this route, but you have to "take care" of the car as well)

Cheers!

Last edited by JP@SI; 02-07-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:38 PM

Looks like I beat you to it - the guy following me to the dyno yesterday snapped some pics/vids on his camera and forwarded them to me this morning:

dynofinaltunestage1.jpg

- See why your car misbehaves so much down low?

Red dotted line - Stock
Blue dotted line - Intake + tune
Blue solid line - Stage I

BTW - this still doesn't eliminate the fact that your SRT-6 might be a "factory freak" as you stated last night.

Last edited by JP@SI; 02-07-2007 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Forum Regular

Stock
321.7 lb TQ
327.5 HP
I'm still trippin that you have that much horsepower going to the ground stock. It just doesn't make any sense. I'd like to think mine does the same but from others that have had their SRT-6 on the dyno the numbers are much more believable. For example Feets put down 263 to the ground, here is the link.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...t=dyno+results

Matt

Old 02-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Forum Regular

See why your car misbehaves so much down low?
That is CRAZY, 340+ ft lbs of torque at less than 3,000 rpm!

Old 02-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by msheredy
I'm still trippin that you have that much horsepower going to the ground stock. It just doesn't make any sense. I'd like to think mine does the same but from others that have had their SRT-6 on the dyno the numbers are much more believable. For example Feets put down 263 to the ground, here is the link.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...t=dyno+results

Matt
I wish my base dyno was similar to Feets and others, then my net gain would be a ridiculous 60 - 80 WHP. I'm sure SI too would have preferred it that way.

I don't know man, i was thinking that perhaps whatever they did to enable the full RPM dyno, unlocked that missing 19 hp. But that would only account for some of the high base HP. Like Jose said, DC probably just underrated. Or I do have a factory freak.

Whatever it is, i'm glad that the end results are higher numbers from C32's that have the same mods which are rated 19 hp more to begin with.

I see you're that you're just in San Diego and from your gallery has an SRT6. Might be worth your while to do a short road trip and get SI to do a base dyno.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Forum Regular

I don't know man, i was thinking that perhaps whatever they did to enable the full RPM dyno, unlocked that missing 19 hp.
What exactly does this "Full RPM Dyno" run mean?

- Matt

Old 02-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

srt6_crossfire,

I am in Rancho Cucamonga and would like to arrange for a base dyno at SI. Do you know what they charge for just that?

Quick Reply: Someone on XF has a 'particularly strong' C32/SRT-6 Motor. [Dyno - SI Stage I]