Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Shopping for SRT 6

Old 01-07-2007, 05:34 PM
kusheen
Default Shopping for SRT 6

Good day...

Owned a Crossfire coupe for a few months when they first came out, sold it and have since owned two Lotus Elise's (both can be seen in my gallery).

My life situation has changed to where my commute to work will be about 1/5 of what it was, so I'm thinking of selling my Mini Cooper S and getting an SRT 6 as my daily driver. Prices on low mileage cars are really dropping like crazy. They weren't such a good value at $45K or so, but now that SRT 6's with low miles can be had for well under $30K, they are a bargain.

As I really start looking at cars, are there any things in particular I should be checking for?

Thanks.

Old 01-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Shopping for SRT 6

It would be great to see you posting again on the forum. We met about 2 years ago at the Bob Evans in Bowie when we were getting ready to leave for a Ocean City cruise on a saturday and you stopped by to say hi and take some pictures of some of the xfires. I believe you had just gotten your 1st Lotoy (black) first one I had ever seen. Hope to see with a new xfire soon.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kusheen
As I really start looking at cars, are there any things in particular I should be checking for?Thanks
Check the threads on the intercooler auxiliary water pump (codes P0111 and P0720) and how a defect can shut down the supercharger clutch and cause a dramatic loss of power. Many dealers seem to be unfamiliar with the issue, and it can be an expensive fix if the car is out of warranty (which shouldn't be the case yet with the SRT6, since none were '04s). Other than that, there don't seem to be issues unique to the SRT6; just the usual Crossfire problems that you know from being on the forum before.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Forum Regular

2 left, presumably coupes, one silver sapphire, one black.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320464

We have two, new, 2005 SRT6 Crossfires (new) that list for almost $46,000. Either one of the two Coupes we will sell for $29,918 plus $199 Doc. fee. Yep, you are reading this right, and I did not party hearty last night, ha. This is being posted Sunday morning, I am in full control of all my facilities, and am of sound being.

Black or Silver Blue, these new screaming machines are being moved , as we got a unreal deal on one (completely insane), and are blending funds to create a smoking situation for both. No changes will be made, and either can be shipped Nationwide for a fair fee (we have our own enclosed trailers).

If you drove one of these Supercharged Screamers at an SRT Driving Experience you know what a bargain this is, but we only have the two and there are no more new SRT6s available from the Factory.

Sincerely submitted,

Bill Pemberton
Viper and SRT Mgr
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper, SRT
cell 402-677-5864
billpemberton@woodhouse.com

If you email me, please leave me a number to call you on Monday, and let me know your address so I don't call and wake up folks on the West Coast -- or let me know a good time to call?

Old 01-08-2007, 10:43 PM
kusheen

Originally Posted by cudaman
2 left, presumably coupes, one silver sapphire, one black.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320464

We have two, new, 2005 SRT6 Crossfires (new) that list for almost $46,000. Either one of the two Coupes we will sell for $29,918 plus $199 Doc. fee. Yep, you are reading this right, and I did not party hearty last night, ha. This is being posted Sunday morning, I am in full control of all my facilities, and am of sound being.

Black or Silver Blue, these new screaming machines are being moved , as we got a unreal deal on one (completely insane), and are blending funds to create a smoking situation for both. No changes will be made, and either can be shipped Nationwide for a fair fee (we have our own enclosed trailers).

If you drove one of these Supercharged Screamers at an SRT Driving Experience you know what a bargain this is, but we only have the two and there are no more new SRT6s available from the Factory.

Sincerely submitted,

Bill Pemberton
Viper and SRT Mgr
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper, SRT
cell 402-677-5864
billpemberton@woodhouse.com

If you email me, please leave me a number to call you on Monday, and let me know your address so I don't call and wake up folks on the West Coast -- or let me know a good time to call?
You've got mail...

Old 01-22-2007, 05:10 PM
kusheen

Originally Posted by Iamfink2
It would be great to see you posting again on the forum. We met about 2 years ago at the Bob Evans in Bowie when we were getting ready to leave for a Ocean City cruise on a saturday and you stopped by to say hi and take some pictures of some of the xfires. I believe you had just gotten your 1st Lotoy (black) first one I had ever seen. Hope to see with a new xfire soon.
I recall that day well, it was raining pretty badly but you all soldiered on across the Bay anyway!

Update: I've pulled the trigger on a low mileage black SRT6 from a dealer.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:04 PM

Congrats! Just wondering, are you in Montgomery County area? I went to get my car washed the other day in Rockville. I was talking to the owner of the detail shop, and he mentioned someone he knew that had a crossfire a couple years back, but then traded it in to get a Lotus.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:31 PM

Kusheen, are you going to the Washington Car Show with JD and the gang on Sunday?

Old 01-23-2007, 03:54 PM

I have one with 12 months left on the lease, if you are interested in taking it over. That way, you can see if you like it enough to purchase it after the lease ends.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:11 PM
kusheen

Originally Posted by blk04xfire
Congrats! Just wondering, are you in Montgomery County area? I went to get my car washed the other day in Rockville. I was talking to the owner of the detail shop, and he mentioned someone he knew that had a crossfire a couple years back, but then traded it in to get a Lotus.
Over near Annapolis. That MAY be someone that I know/knew, but not within the context of owning a detail shop, so I'm drawing a blank.

I actually traded my Xfire in on a Nissan Frontier Crew Cab pickup as a daily driver, then bought the Elise. Traded the Xfire just ahead of the severe depreciation hit, and got a reasonably good trade in, I believe, from the Nissan dealer.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:12 PM
kusheen

Originally Posted by Iamfink2
Kusheen, are you going to the Washington Car Show with JD and the gang on Sunday?
Ooops, after the fact...didn't know about the field trip!

Old 01-25-2007, 08:00 PM

Check out the northeast forum.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:22 AM

Email me at: jnstubbe@msn.com if you're interested in a Black SRT-6 Crossfire with 6,400 miles on it. Its in immaculate condition based in beautifully New Mexico. I'm asking $29,500 or best offer. Email me and we can talk. I'm an individual owner and have taken great care of the vehicle. No bull.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the last 8 digits of your VIN?

Old 02-18-2007, 01:25 PM

Here is the VIN for my car for sale...I sent you a PM.

1C3AN79N35X046955

Old 02-20-2007, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by kusheen
Good day...

Owned a Crossfire coupe for a few months when they first came out, sold it and have since owned two Lotus Elise's (both can be seen in my gallery).

My life situation has changed to where my commute to work will be about 1/5 of what it was, so I'm thinking of selling my Mini Cooper S and getting an SRT 6 as my daily driver. Prices on low mileage cars are really dropping like crazy. They weren't such a good value at $45K or so, but now that SRT 6's with low miles can be had for well under $30K, they are a bargain.

As I really start looking at cars, are there any things in particular I should be checking for?

Thanks.
Make me an offer for my black 05' Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6, 6,400 miles, WTY. Email me at: jnstubbe@msn.com. Car is in immaculate condition.