Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Cloth Top Protectant

Old 12-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cloth Top Protectant

After months of waiting, I just picked up my roadster on saturday. its beautiful and i absolutely love this car. And i dont want a damn thing to happen to it.m Has anyone tried using any products on the top? Does chrysler recommend anything? I was thinking of trying an outdoor fabric scotchguard on it, but im not sure. Is this something i should take to a detail shop for a professional protectant or dyi? this is my first soft top, help?

Old 12-14-2004, 03:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Cloth Top Protectant

Phillyfire,

Do not use a fabric type scotch guard, Dchrysler makes a convertible top cleaner and protectant. Personally I use 303 High Tech products, with great results.

http://www.303-products.com/main.php...ge=fabricguard

Old 12-14-2004, 04:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Cloth Top Protectant

The last time I washed my car the top was still really beading up. I think that whatever they do to it works really good. The best thing to keep a rag top from getting raggy is putting it in a garage, away from the elements. If CrossfireLTD gets great results with the 303 Tech prod's, you might try them. I guess if I was going to do anything to the top, I'd probably try to get the Chrysler products if I could. I never had a convertable before either.

Old 12-14-2004, 04:59 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Cloth Top Protectant

As MI Roadster stated keepng your car in the garage is the best solution. If you wash your car dry the top with a drying towel (try not to use a terry cloth towel, it will leave lint on the top). If you get caught in the rain dry your top if at all possible, the water that is left on the top will attract dirt and dust. Also acid rain causes concern, here in NY we have very bad acid rain. The DChrysler product is somewhat basically the same as the 303 products. The 303 products are a little bit cheaper and is readily available. I have used the Dchrysler products on my Sebring convertible, but it had to be ordered, usually took about 2 weeks for them to get it in.

Old 12-14-2004, 06:28 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Cloth Top Protectant

porsche makes a great cloth top protectant which works like scotchguard for your top. check with a local porsche parts dept.