Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

i think i programmed the key by accident

Old 09-29-2009 | 12:16 PM
Default i think i programmed the key by accident

my key battery died completely. i bought new batteries went to unlock the car nothing. went and bought two new batteries thinking the new batteries might have been dead nothing and im pushing the unlock button pretty hard nothing i did notice the led light (red) on the key lights up nothing, so now im thinking i have to go to the dealership to have the key reprogrammed or whatever im not an expert, but i thought why not hold one of the buttons as i turn the car on thinking the signal from the key and the signal from the car would meet and the viola i heard the doors locks close, and then i remembered the doors always lock when i turn on the car and drive. so i went into another store to buy batteries one more time and as i get out the car i press the lock button, remotetly it locked. so i believe that was it when i put the key in while holding the unlocked button to start the car it was fixed. it sucks to have a hot date and not be able to get your lucky shirt out of the trunk cuz theres no key slot, and nothing you can do to unlock it. besides trying differnt things. you must be one with the crossfire in order to make it do what you want.

Old 09-29-2009 | 01:35 PM
Default Re: i think i programmed the key by accident

Changing the batteries should not require the key to be re-programmed. Make sure they are facing the "right" way. Do a search on this forum for instructions for programming a new key.

Old 09-30-2009 | 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Goldwing
Changing the batteries should not require the key to be re-programmed. Make sure they are facing the "right" way. Do a search on this forum for instructions for programming a new key.
Concur, Unless the key was years and years...the programing should not have failed. I'm not 100 pecent sure you can get access to the car ? Is that the issue? To reprogram the FOB is super easy but the key must be in the ignition to program. Might be cheaper to get a local THUG to jimmy bar the door to get it open the to have the local dealer reset............just to thought. Dumb as it may seem. But if you can gain access to the switch...do a search on here for programming a new key... it's pretty straight forward and easy to do

Old 10-01-2009 | 03:31 PM
AlG
Forum Regular

I had that happen few months back. Both fobs wouldn't work. Opened the door with the key and then started the car. Left the key in the ignition for about a minute. Did that with both and haven't had a problem since. Batteries in the fobs were good and the car battery was good too. I'm thinking maybe the BCM "burped" and needed to be linked with the key again.

Old 10-01-2009 | 11:08 PM

Never noticed there was no key slot for the trunk....

Old 10-02-2009 | 10:23 AM

One of the buttons in the center console will unlock the trunk and all doors (it is in the line of buttons with the spoiler button).