Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Roadster rear window problem solved?

Old 08-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Roadster rear window problem solved?

Originally Posted by skarlet
What would you people recommend, trying to contact Chrysler or doing the fix myself.
I would contact Chrysler and ask for some assistance, they have helped several 2005 owners.
What do you have to loose?

Old 08-30-2011, 10:54 AM
tlk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

skarlet, contact Chrysler customer service and get a case number and they will have you go to the dealer to check out. I am in North GA and working with Palmer Dodge for my top replacement.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:16 PM

UPDATE: My dealer service manager called today to tell me that Chrysler had called him to tell him that Chrysler has implemented an 'extended warranty' program for the rear window separation problem, and that the program has a zero deductible, so I will get my new top at no cost to me! And, under this program, I will get the top in one week instead of five! What a deal!

My advice is to call the Chrysler customer service/complaint line and get a case number. Then, have your dealer look at ti and send Chrysler photos.

More updates after the new top, and some photos. Hope it is a better quality product.

Beast regards.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by fmccamant
UPDATE: My dealer service manager called today to tell me that Chrysler had called him to tell him that Chrysler has implemented an 'extended warranty' program for the rear window separation problem, and that the program has a zero deductible, so I will get my new top at no cost to me! And, under this program, I will get the top in one week instead of five! What a deal!
Beast regards.
Nice, all ya'll with top issues need to take advantage of this.
I had mine done a couple of months ago and Chrysler had me pay a $300.00 deductable and I was (and still am) very happy.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:43 PM

PaulW - how is the quality of your new top? Rear window mounting system improved?

Thanks!

Old 09-06-2011, 04:56 PM
tlk

I called Chrysler ( as I have an open case and waiting on the top to ship) and they confirmed that there is an "extended warranty" on the "rear window seal failure". The rep mentioned something about 120 months or 100K miles or whichever came first. The rep did not seem confident with the details and said that they would call me back with more details. They currently have me paying approx $600 to replace mine and hope to get that to $0.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:35 PM

PaulW - how is the quality of your new top? Rear window mounting system improved?

Thanks!
The top looks just like the original, if they changed anything you cant see it.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My advice is to call the Chrysler customer service/complaint line and get a case number. Then, have your dealer look at ti and send Chrysler photos.

More updates after the new top, and some photos. Hope it is a better quality product.

Beast regards.
Hi fmccamant,

That's great news!!

I have a 2005 Roadster with a failing top, bought it new in 2006 and only have 25,000 miles on it. I am out of warranty, and did not get an extended warranty.

Do you know whether this new roof warranty applies to anyone, or only to those who have an extended warranty already?

Thanks....Ben

Old 09-09-2011, 06:08 PM

What is the number you used to contact chrysler

Old 09-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BRappaport
Hi fmccamant,

That's great news!!

I have a 2005 Roadster with a failing top, bought it new in 2006 and only have 25,000 miles on it. I am out of warranty, and did not get an extended warranty.

Do you know whether this new roof warranty applies to anyone, or only to those who have an extended warranty already?

Thanks....Ben
It's true, and it's for 2005 model year only, specific to your VIN.

Hey you guys, also be aware that this program called X31, will also reimburse you for the costs incurred earlier of repairing your window or replacing it on your own.

It applies to 2005's and extends the original warranty to 120 months or 100,000 miles, Crossfires original delivered to Southern States..

Last edited by Kane; 09-12-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:56 PM
tlk

I received a letter today from Chrysler indicating that I have a 10yr or 100K extended warranty on my 2005 top. They said to hold theletter as proof of warranty and to take it to the dealer. As they already have the top on order for me I guess I now get a replaced top for free.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:03 PM

Just received letter telling me 10 yrs, 100,000 mile warranty on the glass adhesion only. Also form to fill out if I have replaced already.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:45 PM

I received my letter today from Chrysler. My car was originally delivered to Sarasota FL.

This is great news. BTW I previously used the Rhino Glue and it worked well but was not perfect.
Originally Posted by Kane
It's true, and it's for 2005 model year only, specific to your VIN.

Hey you guys, also be aware that this program called X31, will also reimburse you for the costs incurred earlier of repairing your window or replacing it on your own.

It applies to 2005's and extends the original warranty to 120 months or 100,000 miles, Crossfires original delivered to Southern States..

Old 09-13-2011, 03:44 AM

Those of you that received letters were you the original owners, have an extended warrenty, case number, just trying to figure out anything in common Hopeful;ly we will receive a letter

Old 09-13-2011, 07:14 AM
Smile Re: Roadster rear window problem solved?

I am not the original owner. I did however, register the car with a local Chrysler dealer so that I would be listed as the current owner for any recalls etc. I did not have any extended warranty on the car.

Originally Posted by skarlet
Those of you that received letters were you the original owners, have an extended warrenty, case number, just trying to figure out anything in common Hopeful;ly we will receive a letter

Old 09-13-2011, 10:44 PM
svo
Forum Regular

Not the original owner but i too just received the letter today.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Woo hoo!
Got my letter!
Not original owner.
Didn't ask for letter or notification.
Did buy extended warranty.
Car is BLUE!

Old 09-24-2011, 02:25 PM

Hi has anyone had the rear window fall completly out and then attempted the 3m repair. My wifes rear window is out and seeing as SKARLET was originally delivered to Michagan, we are sool, as far as chrysler is concerned. I removed the glue from the old window and am going to try and glue it with the 3m stuff. I was just looking for any help on the matter. I have the thread on how it is done but that still had the window still attached. thanks.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:21 PM

I have a 2006 with the same problem with my rear glass falling off and interested in a class action suit. i have already made a complaint with NHTSA and looking for other 2006 owners to join the complaint

Originally Posted by 05 Roadster Ltd Girl
Crossfire family, if you are experiencing problems with your rear window please call 1-800-247-9753 and file a compliant with NHTSA(National Highway Traffic Safety). I plan to file a law suit against Chrysler for this know defect that can cause serious injury if not death.

I understand some people out of warranty did receive some compensation from $500 to $1500 from Chrysler

Old 10-29-2011, 02:09 PM

[quote=tighed1]Woo hoo!
Got my letter!
Not original owner.
Didn't ask for letter or notification.
Did buy extended warranty.
Car is BLUE![/quot
tighed1, Trouble with my SRT 6 back window coming apart from the top. I had it in to Chrysler in Bradenton , Fl yesterday.. Said my vehicle was not on the recall list (X31) I bought the vehicle in 2007 Rapid City , SD. It was one of those vehicle that the dealers bought out and sold. I am the only owner of the vehicle. Other than the dealership reg. the vehicle thru them befor I bought it.. I have not recieved any letter from them. the color is SSB is that it is reg. in SD .. Most of my time is spent in Fl, Texas, southern stats in the winter..Has any body else had this problem with Chrysler not covering These pre-owned vehicle

Quick Reply: Roadster rear window problem solved?