Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Another new member

Old 08-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Another new member

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for a while but thought I'd say hello now that I'm officially an X-fire owner!

I've always been crazy about these cars. After driving my '97 Dodge Neon Sport Coupe as a daily driver for nearly twelve years, I finally splurged and bought an '05 Crossfire Limited Roadster late last month. It's Flame Red w/dark gray & vanilla leather seats & has the six speed manual. It only had 2,880 miles and the floor mats were still wrapped in the factory plastic! Hard to believe I've had it almost 4 weeks now. Unfortunately, I've been really busy and have only put 190 miles on it...but I love this car!!!

You guys weren't kidding about the amount of attention this car generates on the road - it's crazy. I've had people staring, pointing, waving, shouting out their windows on the freeway, etc. I have not seen many Crossfires here in San Antonio so I guess there are quite a few people that have never seen one before. The other day, an older friend of mine said, "Hey! Aren't you kinda young to be having a mid-life crisis?!" (I'm 33...LOL)

The only complaint I have so far is the paint appears to chip easily. I don't have any blemishes on the front end (yet) but noticed a few tiny rock chips on the lower front fenders and doors. I dunno...maybe the previous owner lived on a gravel road or something. I got an estimate of $695 to install that clear 3M film on the hood, front bumper, front fenders and side mirrors. Yikes!!! I may visit the local Chrysler dealer tomorrow and see about purchasing the Mopar front end cover (bra) for road trips.

This is a great forum and I'm looking forward to being an active member! See y'all out on the road.

Phillip
'05 Crossfire Limited Roadster
Flame Red - Dark Gray/Vanilla leather - 6 speed
3,070 original miles

Old 08-23-2008, 03:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Another new member

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a great purchase. Get used to the stares, ha ha.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome Phillip! Enjoy the club where you'll learn so much about your car.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:54 AM
Forum Regular

I saw you "lurking" but didn't want to say anything. I figured eventually you would come forward and post something. Don't be shy and welcome to the forum.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome SAT ! You'll find most any tropic related to the XFire right here ! Saved my bunn's in many a pickle. Congrats on your new ride and welcome again........Oh and check out the CTC !
"Central Texas Crossfires" we have several members from the SA, Cibilo, Universal City area.

Just my Dos Centavos

Old 08-23-2008, 08:14 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome and come join the Central Texas Crossfires, check out the South Forum under North America.
The thread on top, Central Texas Crossfires (CTC) New Members Welcomed

Last edited by Bill F; 08-23-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:01 AM

Thanks for the BIG welcome! I will definitely check out the CTC group and try to attend one of the upcoming events.

Looks like it's going to be a rainy weekend here so I may not get to go out for a drive. I'm not going to complain, though. We *really* need the rain.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Phillip
'05 Crossfire Limited Roadster
Flame Red - Dark Gray/Vanilla leather - 6 speed
3,070 original miles

Old 08-23-2008, 09:08 AM

Welcome to the forum... congratulations on the Xfire!!!
-Az4R1

Old 08-23-2008, 09:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to our forum, good luck with the car..

Old 08-23-2008, 09:23 AM

Hi All, Just purchased a 2005 Roaster Limited with 5,230 miles. It is in prestine condition except for the headlights. Looks like there is condensation inside and the lens is foggy. Checked the VIN with the local Chrysler dealer and there is about 1 month left on the original warranty. He said could purchase an additional 4 years (about $2,000) which sounds like a good deal. I know the parts for this auto are expensive and if I ust use it once, I'll probably get my money back. He also mentioned something about a recall on the headlights. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks for listening.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:51 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

Welcome guys ....Victor and Phillip.
ya found a great website to share your Crossfire stories and read all about them. Have a great time out there.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:54 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome aboard and enjoy this great car. Good choice.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome!!

enjoy your car and the wealth of information on this site!

Old 08-24-2008, 05:14 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

welcome you guys...read through the forum threads...especially on warrantees...I extended mine for 1100 bucks...don't pay 2K....you will learn a lot about your cars....then you will lose a lot of your hard earned money buying all the mods....and trying to wipe the permagrin off your face....

Old 08-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Forum Regular

Welcome to the forum, Red with Vanillia - Great color combo!

Enjoy the car

Old 08-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on your purchase!! You could not have picked a better color.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:09 PM

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to welcome me!

After 8 days of sitting in the garage, I finally took the Xfire out for a drive. Woohoo! When I left the house, it was sunny and didn't look like it was going to rain...but as I was driving back into town, the sky turned black. I could see sheets of rain falling just up the road so I quickly pulled off to raise the top! I didn't want to drive her in the rain but oh well...some things just can't be avoided.

I bought an extended warranty through Carmax. It covers almost everything (it's called the MaxCare Warranty) except wear-and-tear items for 6 years (thru 7/2014) or 102,800 miles. I paid $1,500 for it...I didn't think that was too bad. I usually do not buy extended warranties on anything. However, since this car is mechanically a Mercedes, I thought it would probably be a good idea. I figure if the A/C goes out or the convertible top starts having mechanical problems, the warranty will easily pay for itself. My fiancee had a '99 C230 and the A/C system started breaking at about 70K. By the time she reached 100K, the A/C had broken 3 times!!! The first two A/C repairs cost almost $2K at the stealership. When it failed the third time, she just gave up and traded it in on a Saab 9-3 convertible.

Yes, the red exterior and gray/vanilla interior is a stunning combination. I've always liked the Classic Yellow but was afraid I'd get tired of it. I also like the Aero Blue...heck, I guess I like all the colors, honestly! I gotta say that the red really looks sharp, though.

OK, gotta shut up now and get ready for work tomorrow! Hope everyone has a good Monday.

Phillip

Old 08-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I have the Chrylser bras on both of mine. They protect very well. Keep them well Armor-alled and bugs will wipe right off. Be sure to wax everything under the bras real well - a few times - for extra protection against abrasion. I usually take mine off 2-3x per summer and clean everything underneath and vacuum them real well. Since I don't drive in the winter or in rainy weather, there is not a lot of grit underneath them, otherwise I would have to clean them more frequently.

Now if I could only get the wife into a nice black naugahyde bra....stilleto heels.....wait, I digress.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Goldwing
I have the Chrylser bras on both of mine. They protect very well. Keep them well Armor-alled and bugs will wipe right off. Be sure to wax everything under the bras real well - a few times - for extra protection against abrasion. I usually take mine off 2-3x per summer and clean everything underneath and vacuum them real well. Since I don't drive in the winter or in rainy weather, there is not a lot of grit underneath them, otherwise I would have to clean them more frequently.

Now if I could only get the wife into a nice black naugahyde bra....stilleto heels.....wait, I digress.
I had a bra on my old Probe GT but, since it too was a daily driver, including winter, the grit & sand got underneath there & just beat the crap out of the finish. It got to the point were I just took it off in winter & took me chances. It's gonna get beat one way or the other.

Gold, this wife thing doesn't include leather garters, black hose & various 'devices' does it?!

Oh yeah..........the thread: welcome, SATX!!!