Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Trunk light?

Old 11-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk light?

My trunk light went out in my '05 roadster. Can anyone tell me where the light switch is ? I can't find it
Thanks in advance
Frank in Seaside NJ

Old 11-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Trunk light?

If roadsters have trunk lights, they left mine off. Are you looking at the license plate lamps?

Old 11-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by stlouistrucker
If roadsters have trunk lights, they left mine off. Are you looking at the license plate lamps?
The roadsters do have a trunk light its on the right rear wall.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:19 AM
Forum Regular

LOL Your Trunk light didn't go out, and theres no switch. It will only go on when your headlights are on....!!! I couldn't figure out why mine worked sometimes and other times it didn;t, now i know it only works when the headlights are on.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:15 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Iamfink2
The roadsters do have a trunk light its on the right rear wall.
I stand corrected. Roadsters do have trunk lights. Mine doesn't work so I took it out and it's all black inside. I will be making a trip to Advance Auto Parts for a replacement.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:43 AM

on my 06 roadster the headlights do not have be on for the trunk light to work (that just wouldn 't make sense). I beleive (not positive) that the switch is part of the latch
Roger

Old 11-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Trunk light?

If the dome light switch is set to the "off" position the trunk light and glove box lights will not come on.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:53 AM

"ok unlock car, get in, turn key, yes motor sounds good, turn head lights on, boy sure is dark out there, check for traffic/back up, ....OH.... wait I want to get into the trunk, I'll leave the car running with the lights on and the door unlocked/open in this dark place and get out"
Knowing the thought put into everything else I'd think there is a logic to this as well, it's just lost on me.
Our 05 has a light on the hood which does seem to turn on sometimes (must be the headlight connection) but your saying there is another trunk light inside the trunk? The one on the hood does a good job of blinding me if I want to use it to see in the trunk.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rapp's yellow CF
"ok unlock car, get in, turn key, yes motor sounds good, turn head lights on, boy sure is dark out there, check for traffic/back up, ....OH.... wait I want to get into the trunk, I'll leave the car running with the lights on and the door unlocked/open in this dark place and get out"
Knowing the thought put into everything else I'd think there is a logic to this as well, it's just lost on me.
Our 05 has a light on the hood which does seem to turn on sometimes (must be the headlight connection) but your saying there is another trunk light inside the trunk? The one on the hood does a good job of blinding me if I want to use it to see in the trunk.
This is your license plate light not your trunk light, the trunk light is inside your trunk right rear.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by antonio311
LOL Your Trunk light didn't go out, and theres no switch. It will only go on when your headlights are on....!!! I couldn't figure out why mine worked sometimes and other times it didn;t, now i know it only works when the headlights are on.
Your headlights don't have to be on if your inside dome light is on your trunk light will light.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:49 AM

my trunk light goes on all the time, headlights on or off, right rear area.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:12 PM

Switch is in the latch.
You can verify this when you have a bulb that is ok.
With the trunk open, the light on, slide the latch of the body, not the trunk latch. The light goes off. Of course, return the body latch before you slam the trunk.

WARNING TO ALL ROADSTER OWNERS - make sure you fully latch the trunk closed. If not the light will stay on. Happened to me once, and I hadn't used the car for several days. Battery became completely dead.
Took me quite some time to figure out why the battery was dead.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine works key off or on and lights off or on.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Trunk light?

Trunk light will come (with key off or on) on as long as the dome light switch is in the on position.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:14 PM
svo
Forum Regular

I went to go check mine and...

It comes on all the time as well even if the dome light is turned to off. Maybe they are different with build dates?? My build date is 5/05

Old 11-05-2007, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Black Diamond
WARNING TO ALL ROADSTER OWNERS - make sure you fully latch the trunk closed. If not the light will stay on. Happened to me once, and I hadn't used the car for several days. Battery became completely dead.
Took me quite some time to figure out why the battery was dead.
I'm hoping this is what is wrong with my car. The engine wouldn't crank this morning. When I turned the key, nothing happened, but the wing came up and the light on the switch was flashing. The wing would not go back down, so I check the trunk and found it unlatched. It's on a trickle charger now and hopefully will start when I get home.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

It comes on automaticallly when the trunk is opened. Make sure you shut the trunk all the way or it will kill your battery. Happened to me 2x so far.

Old 08-06-2023, 09:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

First of all, I have always appreciated the bright people that have contributed to this site. It really is a big help for people like me
Here is my issue, The trunk lights as well as the glove box lights don't work. I have replaced the bulbs and that is not the issue. The dome lights do work (and are switched on). Not sure if this matters, but I did disconnect the TPMS (by the garage door opener) Not sure if this is at all relevant I don't know if they worked before I disconnected it.
Thanks to any thoughts and help.

Old 08-06-2023, 10:16 PM
Administrator
Received 965 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Bean
First of all, I have always appreciated the bright people that have contributed to this site. It really is a big help for people like me
Here is my issue, The trunk lights as well as the glove box lights don't work. I have replaced the bulbs and that is not the issue. The dome lights do work (and are switched on). Not sure if this matters, but I did disconnect the TPMS (by the garage door opener) Not sure if this is at all relevant I don't know if they worked before I disconnected it.
Thanks to any thoughts and help.
You cant fix this, without the diagrams in the service manual. Either YOU must get into them or one of us must in order to figure this out.
2004-2006:
1) Glove box lights are on an ignition switched source, same fuse feeds the cigar lighter. Not connected to the "interior lights" in any way.
2) The trunk and dome lights are referred to as the "interior lights" and they come on and off together and are wired to unswitched battery power. Trunk light is switched by the BCM same as the dome light, they are triggered by the door ajar or trunk latch switches.
3) A switch in the dome light allows interior lights to be manually turned on apart from the BCM/door switches. Trunk and dome lights are always on or off together, no matter if the dome switch is used or the door ajar switches trigger the BCM to turn them on.

2007-2008:
Same as above but the trunk light is triggered separately by only the trunk latch switch. Dome lights do not come on when trunk is opened and trunk light does not come on when doors are opened. 2007 service manual does not reflect this change because MB made changes and Chrysler did not keep up with the changes for some reason.

Diagram for 2004-2006, no accurate diagram exists for 07-08 that I have found:

Last edited by pizzaguy; 08-06-2023 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-06-2023, 10:24 PM
Administrator
Received 965 Likes on 752 Posts

I now am done editing my post. So go read it again cause it changed a LOT in the last few minutes.

Quick Reply: Trunk light?