Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Steering Wheel Color

Old 10-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Color

We've now seen pictures of an '07 Cool Vanilla and Gray interior with a Dark Gray Steering wheel in place of the Vanilla wheel that interior used to have. Has anyone seen an '07 Dark Gray and Cedar interior? If so what color wheel did that interior have? Did they do away with the Cedar wheel it used to have and replace that with Dark Gray too?

Old 10-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Steering Wheel Color

To answer my own question and for anyone else that might be interested it appears through some investigating that only the Vanilla wheel color has been changed in '07. The Cedar appears to be Cedar and the others appear to be Light Gray or Dark Gray as they were before.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:09 AM

We just bought an '06 Roadster with the cool vanilla two-tone interior. One of the more striking features was the wheel also being vanilla. I'd probably miss having that in an '07 ...

Old 10-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Forum Regular

I agree. If they went with the dark wheel in all the 2 tone interiors I'd be an X Xfire owner after my lease is up. At least I can still get the Cedar or Dk/Lt grey combo with lighter colored wheels. Now just to decide on which (the Cedar or Grey 2 tone interiors) and what exterior color to get. Leaning towards Silver outside and 2 tone grey inside.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by buggy4crossfires
We've now seen pictures of an '07 Cool Vanilla and Gray interior with a Dark Gray Steering wheel in place of the Vanilla wheel that interior used to have. Has anyone seen an '07 Dark Gray and Cedar interior? If so what color wheel did that interior have? Did they do away with the Cedar wheel it used to have and replace that with Dark Gray too?
I have a black limited coupe coming in about two weeks and it has the cedar interior. I hope the steering wheel is cedar as before. I think that interior has a real late fifties, early sixties look about it.

RP

Old 10-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Forum Regular

As the '08 car is a carryover of the '07 Color choices I went on line to find '07's for sale around the country. Any '07 with the Dark Gray and Cedar interior had a cedar wheel (as my '05 has). The solid gray and 2 tone gray interiors had a light gray wheel and the Cool Vanilla seems to be the only change from '05/'06 to '07 where the wheel is now Dark gray. So you should have the cedar wheel, let us know when you get the car.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phyrephlyte
I think that interior has a real late fifties, early sixties look about it.

RP
Agreed, very nice color choice congrats!

I guess they got rid of the vanilla steering wheel because they were tired of customers telling there service department to clean them.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Forum Regular

Just got a response back from Chrysler on the steering wheel color question re. '08 cars. They basically said color choices haven't yet been established on '08's yet. I wonder if anyone told Chrysler Canada where the '08 color choices are displayed on their site already and they're the same as '07.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by phyrephlyte
I have a black limited coupe coming in about two weeks and it has the cedar interior. I hope the steering wheel is cedar as before. I think that interior has a real late fifties, early sixties look about it.

RP
We have the cedar interior in our Alabaster '04. and it was a "must have" option as far as we were concerned.
I never thought about it being a throw back to the late 50's or early 60's, but now that you mention it...maybe that's why I like it so much.

For the record, I haven't noticed the steering wheel being unusually hard to keep clean either.

Phyrephlyte, if your car comes with a Gray wheel, you might still be able to order a cedar wheel over the parts counter.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
We have the cedar interior in our Alabaster '04. and it was a "must have" option as far as we were concerned.
I never thought about it being a throw back to the late 50's or early 60's, but now that you mention it...maybe that's why I like it so much.

For the record, I haven't noticed the steering wheel being unusually hard to keep clean either.

Phyrephlyte, if your car comes with a Gray wheel, you might still be able to order a cedar wheel over the parts counter.
Thanks, I have already considered that as a possibility. I hope I did inspire you to look at the interior a little differently too. And it certainly goes for the vanilla as well.
When I first saw the black with cedar combination which is being shipped from Germany, I thought of the first little "Stingray" Corvette in black with a black and red interior. I never got over the color or the shape I guess.

Thanks for your reply. I'll do pictures when I get it. BTW, I had a blaze red with two tone grey until August 6th when I totaled it. Photos on TOTALED CROSSFIRE thread.

Later,
RP