Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Considering buying an new 2006 roadster.

Old 08-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Considering buying an new 2006 roadster.

I've had my roadster just over a month and LOVE it. Don't wait it's really a great car.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow! YOU all seem to love these cars! I am also considering buying one. We are more interested in a Coupe because Dallas is almost too hot for a convertible. I started to read this thread to see if these are reliable cars or have any serious reliability issues.

These cars sure seem like very good buys and I believe they are future classics. Don't let soft demand and low current prices fool you. In 1970 Dodge/Plymouth couldn't get rid of the Super Birds and Daytona's. All 1970 Shelby's where left over 1969 Shelby's. Try to buy one these cars today!

I saw someone on here leased one for $300. How is this possible?

Old 08-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Forum Regular

I've got an '05 Roadster with 5,500 miles that I've had for about 2 1/2 years. Its sounding like there will be an '08 model. If so I'll be ordering another with a change in colors and transmission to replace this as it comes off lease. The car is terrific and for the current price there is NOTHING to compare in quality and value. I imagine if I place a custom order there will be no DEALS as with dealer stock but I don't regret for 1 minute paying what I did when I custom ordered mine. I agree, the car definitely has collector potential with its cross breeding pedigree. I just feel that if I'm going to be in it for the long haul and I don't want an SRT6 which would be the most collector potential way to go, I want a very rarely chosen color combo and the 6 speed. Buy one, you'll love it. If you notice, there are several multiple Crossfire owners on the forum. I think that says a lot about our cars. You see that with Corvettes too. Most Corvette owners will own more than one in their lifetime, I've had 2 myself. Then again I've also had 5 Grand Cherokees, I stick with what I like.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buggy4crossfires
I've got an '05 Roadster with 5,500 miles that I've had for about 2 1/2 years. Its sounding like there will be an '08 model. If so I'll be ordering another with a change in colors and transmission to replace this as it comes off lease. The car is terrific and for the current price there is NOTHING to compare in quality and value. I imagine if I place a custom order there will be no DEALS as with dealer stock but I don't regret for 1 minute paying what I did when I custom ordered mine. I agree, the car definitely has collector potential with its cross breeding pedigree. I just feel that if I'm going to be in it for the long haul and I don't want an SRT6 which would be the most collector potential way to go, I want a very rarely chosen color combo and the 6 speed. Buy one, you'll love it. If you notice, there are several multiple Crossfire owners on the forum. I think that says a lot about our cars. You see that with Corvettes too. Most Corvette owners will own more than one in their lifetime, I've had 2 myself. Then again I've also had 5 Grand Cherokees, I stick with what I like.
Ditto, I'm on my 2nd Crossfire & I've also had 5 Grand Cherokees, I stick with what I like also.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by LantanaML320
Wow! YOU all seem to love these cars! I am also considering buying one. We are more interested in a Coupe because Dallas is almost too hot for a convertible. I started to read this thread to see if these are reliable cars or have any serious reliability issues.

These cars sure seem like very good buys and I believe they are future classics. Don't let soft demand and low current prices fool you. In 1970 Dodge/Plymouth couldn't get rid of the Super Birds and Daytona's. All 1970 Shelby's where left over 1969 Shelby's. Try to buy one these cars today!

I saw someone on here leased one for $300. How is this possible?
You should reconsider buying a roadster. I live in Houston and enjoy driving topless anytime the temp is below 90 or so if I'm not stuck in traffic. There is much more air to cool you than driving a sedan with all the windows and moonroof open. At 60 mph the air temp is very comfortable when it's 85 degrees with Houston humidity.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:41 AM
Forum Regular

Tedwing - let us all know what you end up with, I went with the roadster - there is NOTHING on the market today at these prices that comes close. I looked at them all from Jags to Vettes. Want to equal this car with another - go for it an drop another 20 to 30 grand. It's only money.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:13 AM

Just purchased one in oyster '06 roadster, love it so far only has 1,500 mi. as new.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by topless06
Just purchased one in oyster '06 roadster, love it so far only has 1,500 mi. as new.
Congrats & Welcome to the happy Xfire Roadster Forum.