Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Car was keyed

Old 04-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Car was keyed

What's up with people that have no respect for someone else's property? Last night when I was out with friends dancing, someone keyed 13 cars in the parking lot - of which all were nice cars. The worst car to get keyed was a black Hummer from one side all the way around to the other. My drivers side was keyed from the front quarter panel to the end of the drivers door - the schmuck even keyed the handle!! Some of the scratches went so deep that I can see the metal frame of the car.

Anyone know of a good body shop in the Tampa Bay area that can fix it?
This is beyond a touch up job.

I just want to take my key and run it across someone's face...

Old 04-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Default Re: Car was keyed

Originally Posted by Sharonaln67
What's up with people that have no respect for someone else's property? Last night when I was out with friends dancing, someone keyed 13 cars in the parking lot - of which all were nice cars. The worst car to get keyed was a black Hummer from one side all the way around to the other. My drivers side was keyed from the front quarter panel to the end of the drivers door - the schmuck even keyed the handle!! Some of the scratches went so deep that I can see the metal frame of the car.

Sorry to hear about what happened to your car.
At least, with so many cars keyed, it probably was not personal.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Forum Regular

Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like someone is jealous of nice cars. They next Cho Seung in the making?

Old 04-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Forum Regular

That really sucks, I know I've always been afraid that I would catch some punk in the act because I know I would then go to jail when I was finished with them.

Old 04-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I know your frustration because last november while I was in Pennsylvania for the weekend somebody did the same thing to my xfire while parked outside of the hotel where I staying. I don't understand how anybody gets a thrill or thinks that something like this is funny. IDIOTS!!!

Old 04-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry your car got keyed. This used to happen quite often to imported cars around my part of the country. They even had a name for it "A MICHIGAN STRIPE" Looks like this sick person may have gone after the Hummer really bad because it's a gas guzzler? But who knows, at least it wasn't personal. Hope your insurance will cover it?

Old 04-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't even think about it twice ... the low life that did this needs it to boost their morale about the lack of success in life they have seen ...

i've had this done to my RT back in high school ... our avenger before that ... and most recently our srt-4 ... hmm seems like i have not stopped moving up and up in cars and taste for the finer ones ... what a pitty that their vandalism did not slow my progress ... lol ...

Old 04-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sharon, I'm really sorry to hear of your misfortune. There's no use to dwell on it. It just goes to show how some people simply have no respect for other people's property.
Just be glad that your paint should be easy to match, and any reputable body shop should be able to do a nice job.
Good Luck.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:41 PM

Good evening young lady. On a positive, I am glad you are back posting. You have been missed.

I will bet that Gator knows someone up your way that can help you out without gouging you.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharonaln67

You should be asking "anyone know of a good gun shop in the Tampa Bay area?"

Ah that just makes me so mad, I am telling you if I was to see someone doing this to my car... I would most likely end up in jail after I am done dealing with them... I mean what kind of idiot mentality drives a person to do such things...

Old 04-23-2007, 02:34 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

The punishment for this should be 25 lashes with a cat o nine tails. I'm not kidding either.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by snowtop57
That really sucks, I know I've always been afraid that I would catch some punk in the act because I know I would then go to jail when I was finished with them.
haha just read you post after typing mine, funny you would say that It is like you took the words right out of my mind...

Old 04-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MAYAman
The punishment for this should be 25 lashes with a cat o nine tails. I'm not kidding either.
How about ten lashings with a cat held by its' tail? I think it will do more damage than a cat o nine tails.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Forum Regular

What about the repair? Can something like that ever be fixed good as new? How much does such a repair cost?

Old 04-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MAYAman
Correction - they should receive a lashing from each of my cats with their nails protruding in each paw right down their ugly little smug face... UGH... I'm with you guys - if I ever saw that behavior, I'd go to jail - but I will tell you guys that I learned a few choice cuss words after having a few drinks!! Sailor potty mouth I did have!!! I'm working on getting quotes today - this aint a buff job, boys - this a major touch up job. I know, don't sweat the small stuff, right? But on the heels of everything I've been dealing with regarding my family, this just happens to be the icing on the cake I am not ready to eat, ya know?

Uploaded some images in case anyone wants to cry along with me...

But yes, I'm back and will start responding to more posts, so watch out boys (and girls) Sharon is back!

Last edited by Sharonaln67; 04-23-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sharon, that totally sucks...I'm so sorry! I have noticed a few scratches on my car, as well, but not from being keyed...just careless door dings even when i attempt to park out of the way and am ultra careful in opening and shutting my door.

I am glad you're back and hope your family issues have settled down a bit. While on vacation last week, we had our rental car window shattered and my purse stolen out of an upscale golf course. I had grabbed my wallet and taken a few items with me on the course, but I had my 2.5 carat diamond ring in the purse and it's gone...for good. Still waiting from our insurance company to send the paperwork, and we had to replace the rental car window to the tune of nearly $300 as our deductible was $500. Our golf outing ending up costing us thousands of dollars! Great, huh?

I left the "bag" under my golf stuff, but it only took one stupid moron to see it in the back seat and break the window. I'm still fuming!
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2...ernity2og6.jpg
This is the ring I lost!

Last edited by golfergal; 04-23-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:10 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by golfergal
This is the ring I lost!
~ wow... sorry to hear this... i would check some area (closest) pawn shops... perhaps this is where it would end up... due to your average thief wanting quick cash...

your original ring is irreplaceable and must be very sentimental.

i know i would be devastated if this happened to my wife... let alone anyone for that matter...

once again... i am sorry to hear of this.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I suspect if I catch someone doing this to ANY car in my presence, I will probably go to jail.

I can remember my first car (1973 Plymouth Gold Duster). The paint was a bit oxidized, but the body was straight and devoid of any real damage. Some jealous prat keyed my car in the high school parking lot along with a few others near mine and I really just wanted to beat the blankey-blank-blank out of them. I still can't fathom the 'enjoyment' this gives someone.

All I know is that there are times I want to damage a car that is parked in my apartment complex and blocking a tenant's garage as there are 'No Parking' signs up everywhere. But I usually think of something not really permanent, like removing the stem cores from their tires.

Last edited by MMZ_TimeLord; 04-23-2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Forum Regular
Angry Re: Car was keyed

Got first quote today... looking at the tune of $750!!

Because of how much damage was done, they also want to paint the rear quarter panel so the entire drivers side of the car matches... I have a $500 deductible, so looks like this will be an out-of-pocket expense. Crap... but still going to collect a few more quotes before I make the decision of which body shop to use. Because no matter what happens, the car has to get fixed.

Just bites the big one... Gggrrr...

Old 04-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

That really does stink Sharonaln67. I feel for you.

I was driving across the Bay Bridge from San Francisco to Oakland when something (looked like a rock or bolt) fell from the upper deck and struck my hood. At the time I thought it was a clump of dirt (hoped is the correct word). When I got to work I found a scratch that went all the way down to primer. I was very lucky there was no dent.

When I was quoted, it was more than my $200 deductible, but it was well worth the repair to be able to correct this blemish.

I wish you good luck...

Quick Reply: Car was keyed