Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Car was keyed

Old 04-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Car was keyed

Originally Posted by Sharonaln67
Got first quote today... looking at the tune of $750!!

Because of how much damage was done, they also want to paint the rear quarter panel so the entire drivers side of the car matches... I have a $500 deductible, so looks like this will be an out-of-pocket expense. Crap... but still going to collect a few more quotes before I make the decision of which body shop to use. Because no matter what happens, the car has to get fixed.

Just bites the big one... Gggrrr...
Sharon, that's really not a bad price for getting the whole side done. If I were you, and I knew the body shop has a very good reputation, then I wouldn't try to find a shop that "under cuts" their estimate.
I am surprised they suggested painting all three body panels because your color should be relatively easy to match (not metallic). But I guess they decided why take chances.
I know it's probably no consolation to you now, but just remember the old saying, "What goes around comes around". The little A-Hole coward that did this will someday reap the "rewards" of his deeds, even if his pathetic life isn't bad enough now.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this kind of thing just irritates me. i've never had my car keyed, but now people that have, and i just don't get it.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Sorry to hear this. You don't need more aggravation right now. Same thing happened to a buddy of mine's Xfire at the Ft Myers airport a couple years ago. He was broken-hearted.

I rarely park where I can't see my car. I've avoided restaurants and pubs because I could not have a view of it. At shopping centers I'll park a couple hundred feet from anyone. But I always come out to find either a) the biggest POS in the lot right next to me or b) a shopping cart nearby, like someone flung it in the direction of my car. If I catch someone messing with baby, they better be one fast m-f so I don't catch them.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your trouble there. Our car suffered a good size ding at a deli luncheon. The owner of the car that caused the ding paid for the repair fortunately. I was surprised on what a good job these people did. and they repaired it at my wife's work place.
Check the yellow pages for Colors on Parade repair people they do great work and are reasonable. $90 for a quarter size dimple.
Good luck.

PS - The Mecedes Benz Dealer recommended them!!!

Last edited by DMS Xfire; 06-01-2007 at 08:59 PM.