Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Windscreen

Old 11-18-2006, 01:20 AM
Received 430 Likes on 378 Posts
Cool Windscreen

I have been out of town and had no chance to post pictures of my new winds screen from www.Windrestrictor.com. I love it. You can send your own graphic and wording, if you want any. you can also buy a lighting kit. It really looks sharp day or night. Check out my photos, if you like. Ten minutes to install and no modifications.
Love it!

Old 11-18-2006, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Windscreen

Nice car and I like the windscreen effect. HOW MUCH ???
Does it show in the daylight? Is it on full time?

Old 11-18-2006, 11:58 AM

Depends on accessories, basic about a hundred bucks. There is a cigar adapter, battery pack or it can be wired direct or to only light when the brakes are applied. I think it gives a personal touch.

Old 11-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! Do you find the spacing between the roll bars and behind the seats an issue for blocking the wind? My windscreen covers the entire back of the roll bars and I get very little wind. I like the illuminated screen, but not sure if the spacing would be as good as mine is. Yours is much sharper looking...

Old 11-18-2006, 05:14 PM

Thank you for the compliments.The height of the seats seems to stop any wind through the roll bars. For me it is great. I love being able to customize it for myself. How was your trip to Palm Springs? It 85 and sunny here today. It's almost hard to believe it is almost Thanksgiving.

Old 11-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Forum Regular

That's great! So glad you liked the screen. Did you the illumination to your tail lights? It will certainly draw a ton of attention! I have the illuminated door sills and they look great...

We had a good time in PS except for the fact that we received bad news about our beloved dog while we were on vacation and spent the greater portion of our time on the phone with our daughter and vet deciding what to do. We had to have him put down last Saturday, so we were really sad and didn't feel like doing too much. However, the weather was gorgeous and it felt great to feel the warmth of the sun.

Thanks for asking...and have a great Thanksgiving!

Old 11-18-2006, 10:41 PM

I added a couple of daytime photos if anyone is interested.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

golfergal - Do you have pictures of your windscreen? Or can you describe it? Where did you buy it? Is it the slip-on mesh type? I too wonder if a windscreen that doesn't go behind the seats would allow more in-cabin turbulence than one that does go behind the seats. Happy Thanksgiving.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Forum Regular

Yes, I can load some pics of my windscreen. I'll do that and edit this post. I purchased mine on ebay. It has the cut-out slots for black velcro straps that attach to the roll bars. Some people don't like the straps and think they detract from the sleek look, but the guy who makes them custom when ordered does offer clear straps, as well.

The screen does not need to be removed to raise or lower the top and in fact, it's still in place right now. I like it because it does not have to be attached to the back with screws or bolts. The Velcro keeps the screen from moving and it's been great. I did notice a bit of scratching on the surface of the screen late in the summer, so the seller sent me a new screen. However, I just ended up, through the help of another poster, adding a few stick- on small round pads that protect the plexi-glass from the metal roll bar. Can't tell if they are there..Price for the windscreen was around $80.00. Excellent product and very nice touch for my car.

Here is the website that I used:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Best-...spagenameZWDVW

The illuminated wind screens look awesome, but I do think my style would block the wind more....at least that would be my guess.

Last edited by golfergal; 11-19-2006 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ZERACER
I added a couple of daytime photos if anyone is interested.
Really nice. What was the installation all about? You mentioned it took ten minutes. Can a "novice" do this? I am mechanically challenged...and my better half isn't much better.

Old 11-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have two of these windscreens. I helped him develop the one for the crossfire. I made-up the instructions to hard wire it to your car and it is really easy. These windscreens are top notch and made out of poly-carb (eye-glass material) which is very strong and resistant to scratching.They are 1/2" thick and have a clear rounded edge. The crossfire on his website is mine. The reason I have two is I had him etch one with Andrew's emblem graphic design and the word crossfire underneath and one with a little larger graphic, crossfire and roadster. I guess if anyone was interested and willing to give me a fair price I would be willing to sell one. I think I have all five colors of led lights. If you want to see additional pictures of the windscreen I still have them.

Old 11-21-2006, 09:54 PM

Sorry, I have been out of town. The Grand Canyon is beautiful this time of year. Someone asked if they were visible in the daytime also. The answer is yes and I posted some day shots in my gallery. I would love to start a Crossfire car club and use these instead of the old style license plates in the rear window.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING CRUISING TO ALL !!!

Old 02-13-2007, 02:48 AM
Default Windscreen

FORUM MEMBERS receive 10 % off of all new orders on our website for custom etched, illuminated windscreens.
Check pricing at: www.dynamicautoconcepts.com

Click on your roadster.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:29 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPennSky
FORUM MEMBERS receive 10 % off of all new orders on our website for custom etched, illuminated windscreens.
Check pricing at: www.dynamicautoconcepts.com

Click on your roadster.
Thanks, good to know. I was just about to ask you this question.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:08 PM

I just installed mine, have a few pics in the gallery.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Forum Regular

What options did you buy? Was the installation complicated? Installation #3 looks like the way to go, but I don't know...You have the same car as me..do you have pics of the of the whole car with the illuminated screen? Do you have any obstruction in using your rear view mirror with the design? Which company did you go with for the screen?

Thanks...you car looks awesome!

Last edited by golfergal; 02-13-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:10 PM

I went with the basic screen, illuminated w/ Blue LED's.

Installation was pretty easy, I just make things harder than they have to be, I'm somewhat of a perfectionist. I also added illuminated door sills at the same time, of course those are blue as well.

The install involved removing the back plastic plate (across the entire back), this is done by removing the bracket (metal) on each side then the seat belt plastic section unsnaps from the main section.
Then pull the back wall carpet out, (after removing the plastic holders), might have to loosen the bolts in the bottom of the glove box.
Next you decide how you want to wire it in. I chose tapping into the parking lights hot wire and Ground then I added a hidden switch just in case I want to the LEDS off.
Many options really, I just have a thing for doing it the right way, solder, connecters, shrink wrap, by the book for an engineer.

I think the Wind Screen comes with instructions, mine did not, but it wasn't an issue, I knew how I wanted.

As for more pics, not really, its still stuck in the garage, can't bear to take it out with the snow and "rocks" they use on the roads here in CO.

No noticeable obstruction, even if there was, I would still have it, it's just classy IMHO.

I went with Robert and Stephen, post above, www.dynamicautoconcepts.com

Stephen is really good about calling you, let's you know how things are going/timeframes.

Hope that helps, and yes, you do have a nice color. All the Blue looks great.

Last edited by Scott_lmtd; 02-13-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:15 PM
Forum Regular

Any obstruction in your view?

Wow...you make it sound so simple. I know for a FACT, that process would involve far more mechanical know-how than I would EVER have.

Did you order from Dynamics? I have the illuminated sills, too...they look great don't you think?

I wonder if someone local would install for me with out breaking the bank.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:22 PM

Best correlation I can give you; if you can install the door sills or a car stereo you can do this. I'm just so picky (**** my wife says) that it has to look perfect, factory when it's done. The other info I posted (edited) above.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Forum Regular

I had to have my sills installed at the dealership...so, I guess that rules me out as an installer...huh?

Quick Reply: Windscreen