Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

6th Annual Fall 2012 - Tail of the Dragon GTG - October 5, 6, 7

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 04:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 6th Annual Fall 2012 - Tail of the Dragon GTG - October 5, 6, 7

I'm in. Not sure what day i'll be getting there. Should have two cars.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 625 Likes on 427 Posts

Here is a good video on the Dragon
Almost 10 miles in just under 12 minutes.

That's an AVERAGE speed of 50 mph with 300 curves in the route!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOWVCPixPh8&list=FLa36coqoG5_g8fJ6Cjg_tTA& index=1&feature=plpp_video[/media]

Old 07-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Howdy to all our Crossfire friends.

Since we seem to get along so well, the Hyundai Genesis Coupe community will be attending the same weekend as yall again this Fall. Right now, we show to have 65 signed on to attend via our Facebook event page. Always a good time and we should try to plan more stuff/runs together this time around. This past spring was a bit short notice to do that, but now we have several months to make that work.

What do yalls group usually do during one of these weekends schedule wise so I can see how it compares to what we do?

Here are the links to our threads/facebook events for organizational purposes and some previous event vids that are a bit easier to watch than the moto one that can make people dizzy. Feel free to register for free at gencoupe.com and post in the thread to help relay info and organize. I am a mod over there so I will make sure people don't act too foolish lol.

Gencoupe.com Thread:

2012 Gensport Carolinas Fall Run of the Dragon - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

Facebook Event Page (Open Public Event, so feel free to join it)

https://www.facebook.com/events/357176454344721/

Vids from past runs:

Btw, if your brakes aren't on fire when you finish a run, you aint doing it right ;-) (see pic at the end of the first vid for my 'hot' situation lol)

Old 07-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Well this should make for some interesting fun...... I will look forward to seeing what you can do with your cars. We like their looks...and of course you know we like their designer....Welcome....

BTW....Valk....I made reservation for Friday thru Monday, so I can do a Sunday run for once....something slow and easy...lol....

Last edited by oledoc2u; 07-02-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Well this should make for some interesting fun...... I will look forward to seeing what you can do with your cars. We like their looks...and of course you know we like their designer....Welcome....
Thanks. A couple of people I have seen post on this thread already know me from the Spring Run in talking both on your forum as well as our own. I worked closest with Kim and got to meet some like PizzaGuy in person.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
BTW....Valk....I made reservation for Friday thru Monday, so I can do a Sunday run for once....something slow and easy...lol....
May I suggest a Saturday "run" (actually a 'tour') with the "TOURIST CLASS" group if you want "slow and easy"? At last, you will actually see the scenery more than three feet beyond the ditch stripe. Very relaxing. Your car will love you for it; maybe your heart as well!

Old 07-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pacemaker
May I suggest a Saturday "run" (actually a 'tour') with the "TOURIST CLASS" group if you want "slow and easy"? At last, you will actually see the scenery more than three feet beyond the ditch stripe. Very relaxing. Your car will love you for it; maybe your heart as well!
^^^^^
+ 2 on this

Old 07-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 625 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by BKSeoul
What do yalls group usually do during one of these weekends schedule wise so I can see how it compares to what we do?

Here are some of the runs we have done in the past.
Also Pacemaker now leads a slower paced scenic cruise which changes each time and this is now known as the "Tourist Class"
Depending on how many we have doing the runs on Saturday and Sunday we split into groups of 10 to 15 cars and head out on these runs.
No specific run on any specific day ....I guess ya could say we just sort of wing it and plan it when we get there

I'm sure together we will have a great weekend though !!!

The Cherohala Skyway run

Franklin Run

Cherokee -Smoky Mountain Run

And the one below is the longest run and fewer folks will do this one below

Devils Triangle Run

Last edited by Valk; 07-02-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:46 PM

Thanks. A couple of people I have seen post on this thread already know me from the Spring Run in talking both on your forum as well as our own. I worked closest with Kim and got to meet some like PizzaGuy in person.
I only come down in the fall, as well as several others, so you will get to meet even more "crazies"...lol It should be fun....can't wait....

Old 07-02-2012, 09:47 PM

We did pretty much the same route for the Devils Triagle this past spring and honestly its not worth it. Only the western 3rd is newly paved and the rest the road is very rough, covered with gravel, or fighting 18 wheeler dump trucks. There are even sections of road that have no earth supporting them, or, in one case, half the road on the cliff side was gone with just some reflective markers out of a blind corner...

Old 07-02-2012, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pacemaker
I'm open to anything at this point, as I don't even know which car I will bring...probably the roadster this time...

Old 07-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Administrator
Received 963 Likes on 751 Posts

Since we seem to get along so well, the Hyundai Genesis Coupe community will be attending the same weekend as yall again this Fall. Right now, we show to have 65 signed on to attend via our Facebook event page. Always a good time and we should try to plan more stuff/runs together this time around.
You guys were a blast!

I chased "lovecraft" up the hill from the river, past Deal's Gap and down Hellbender to the Lodge Sunday night - it was all I could do to keep up with him, if getting no closer than 150 to 200 feet is "keeping up" (not sure I even did THAT good once we passed the gap, he drove like hell down hellbender, where his horsepower advantage counted for more).

I suspect we'll have 50 to 70 or so cars (right Gary?) by then. But certainly more than this spring, in any event.

We usually have three classes of drivers: The Cruisers (those who admire the scenery at around the speed limit), The Moderates and the "Butts on Fire" bunch. I'm somewhere in between the last two, depends on the road and who is leading!

And THIS time, I know how to use my GoPro - should add to the fun.

C'mon, October!

Old 07-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Forum Regular

Im going also have new hats.
Still have the list of who wanted some from last time, sorry i wasnt able to get them out.

here is the list i have
2 for 32krazy with green stitching black hat
1 oledoc2u with red stitching black hat
2 Tim2739 one black and white one white and black
1 ValkryderGuy silver stitching black hat
2 Franc Rauscher one silver stitching other blue black hat
1 Graphite Ghost gray stitching black hat
2 msgump with one black the other yello
1 Squirrel Crusher blue stitching black hat

send me a private msg on here if you still want these and with any changes ASAP

Also have some new hats you guys might like heres a pic

also have more pic's in my gallery

Let me know if anyone els wants any that are personalized like with a name on the back or stitching colors that differ from the pic's

Last edited by Eric; 07-08-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:31 AM

New here--have 07 Roadster with manual...fun to drive of course. Saw you guys at the hotel last year when I was on two wheels with my son, looked like fun, so want to come this year with the car...is there an agenda, etc? Assume it's arrival on the 5th, drives on the 6th, head home on the 7th? Any details would be great, thanks.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KYDRIVER
New here--have 07 Roadster with manual...fun to drive of course. Saw you guys at the hotel last year when I was on two wheels with my son, looked like fun, so want to come this year with the car...is there an agenda, etc? Assume it's arrival on the 5th, drives on the 6th, head home on the 7th? Any details would be great, thanks.
Hello KyDriver , So i take it your from Kentucky LOL , I;m from Lexington Ky , If you go to frist part of this post you can get more imfo , some of us will come in on thur and go on Sun, some will come in Fri and go on Mon, anyway welcome to are Crossfire Group , we are alot fun

Old 07-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I will bump this for my 1,000 post YA!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Osofast2
Hello KyDriver , So i take it your from Kentucky LOL , I;m from Lexington Ky , If you go to frist part of this post you can get more imfo , some of us will come in on thur and go on Sun, some will come in Fri and go on Mon, anyway welcome to are Crossfire Group , we are alot fun
He means first part of this THREAD.

Go to page 1 of this thread, probably should read the whole thread too - it's not just a day of driving, it's a whole wekeend. I will get to the lodge thursday sometime between sunrise and 7 pm (!) and not leave until Monday sometime between Noon and 6 pm (!)

Many get there on Thuursday!

MAJOR POINTS:

Friday driver's meeting at 9pm
Saturday dinner together at around 6 or so
Splitting up into groups every day for at least one run, then individuals gettin together to do Dragon runs in 1 to 10 car groups, every day.
One year it rained a lot, ended up with many out under the entryway to the lodge doing mods on cars while everyone else stood around making sarcastic comments.
Then there is Nick (the asshat in the Mercedes cap) and his Jungle Juice...
Then there are all the inside jokes that develop over the weekend.
A few "MONSTER" Crossfires will show up - try to get a ride in one (maybe even DRIVE one!)
THere is usually a car for sale, so you may go home with another car, or at least the POSSIBILITY of another car.

If nothing else, you can always show up and meet my Hooter's girl...

Last edited by pizzaguy; 07-05-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Ray made me promise not to scare the hell out of him this time!
If this is a remark about fall 2011 (I think that was the one) - You about scared the hell outta ME, and I wasn't even in the car with you.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:53 PM

Many thanks for the information....will put it on our calendar. Yes, from the Lex KY area (Richmond actually). Haven't joined the Crossfire Intl org yet, but intend to.

KYDRIVER

Old 07-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Just call the Lodge and get your room reserved, otherwise you either won't be able to stay there (bummer, you'll miss 1/2 the fun) or at least you'll pay too much!

IS IT OCTOBER YET?

Quick Reply: 6th Annual Fall 2012 - Tail of the Dragon GTG - October 5, 6, 7