Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

6th Annual Fall 2012 - Tail of the Dragon GTG - October 5, 6, 7

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 6th Annual Fall 2012 - Tail of the Dragon GTG - October 5, 6, 7

Originally Posted by alaxfire
Yea, Pizza, drive north till you cross the Canadian border and all displays will automatically change to metric ......

NOT !!!!!
lmfao......

i want to keep the mph but convert the temp to C, but i don't have the guts to ask yet.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just created and posted my Fontana Fall photos in an album

Old 10-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 626 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by AKING57
Just created and posted my Fontana Fall photos in an album

Nice pics !!

Old 10-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just want to share what a great time Gaia and I had while attending our 2nd Dragon event. It was great seeing a lot of familiar faces, some of which were at Woodward in August, but remembering everyone's name is sometimes a challenge! While I always want to participate in events and make new friends, some of you know I had another agenda which had Gaia and I leaving after lunch to "do our own thing".....little did Gaia know that I was going to propose to her and that's exactly what happened Saturday afternoon! We had just spent an hour in the little town of Murphy, checking out some artisan stores including a wine tasting when we started our trek back to the lodge. After an hour of driving, and after just seeing two deer romp through a meadow (a sign maybe?), I found a quiet spot at the side of the road where the scenery was perfect and the moment felt right. Taking Gaia's hand, we went for a walk through the woods when I stopped, turned to her and proposed. Gaia said Yes!!!
So while it would have been great participating in some of the afternoon runs...a much bigger event was happening in our lives...thanks to the organizers for another event well planned and hope to return next year...attached is a photo of us we took after our engagement before returning to the lodge.

Attached Thumbnails 6th Annual Fall 2012 - Tail of the Dragon GTG - October 5, 6, 7-gaia-tony-oct-6th-2012-engagement.jpg  
Old 10-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by tonygg
I just want to share what a great time Gaia and I had while attending our 2nd Dragon event. It was great seeing a lot of familiar faces, some of which were at Woodward in August, but remembering everyone's name is sometimes a challenge! While I always want to participate in events and make new friends, some of you know I had another agenda which had Gaia and I leaving after lunch to "do our own thing".....little did Gaia know that I was going to propose to her and that's exactly what happened Saturday afternoon! We had just spent an hour in the little town of Murphy, checking out some artisan stores including a wine tasting when we started our trek back to the lodge. After an hour of driving, and after just seeing two deer romp through a meadow (a sign maybe?), I found a quiet spot at the side of the road where the scenery was perfect and the moment felt right. Taking Gaia's hand, we went for a walk through the woods when I stopped, turned to her and proposed. Gaia said Yes!!!
So while it would have been great participating in some of the afternoon runs...a much bigger event was happening in our lives...thanks to the organizers for another event well planned and hope to return next year...attached is a photo of us we took after our engagement before returning to the lodge.
That's fantastic!!! Congrats, my friend.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

.......... We had just spent an hour in the little town of Murphy, checking out some artisan stores including a wine tasting when we started our trek back to the lodge. After an hour of driving, and after just seeing two deer romp through a meadow (a sign maybe?), I found a quiet spot at the side of the road where the scenery was perfect and the moment felt right. Taking Gaia's hand, we went for a walk through the woods when I stopped, turned to her and proposed. Gaia said Yes!!!
You can't post stuff like that. Makes us "not so romantics" look bad
I would be hung on the tree of shame

Hope to see you two honey mooners over the winter holidays at a S.O.C.O. GTG

Old 10-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be hung on the tree of shame
Yep...shameless self promotion! So Evelyn is hanging you out on the tree?
Hope to see you both at a S.O.C.O. party soon....

Old 10-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Received 502 Likes on 428 Posts

Awwwwwwwwwww Too CUTE! Congrats!

Old 10-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the best time meeting all the people I had heard about for 3 years, and also the other newcomers that I had the chance to hang out with! I guess I was pretty easy to pick out that crowd, huh? It's good to be able to put a face to a name. Got to help a biker out, had a more than memorable ride in Dan's Durango, and officially slayed the Dragon! I will definitely be back next year.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Forum Regular

Photo Bomb, few of the random shots I got while wandering around like a dragon virgin. Will be better prepared next time

First Day Gathering and the Holy Trinity

Old 10-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Forum Regular

Random Spy Shots from in the lots, will take many more next time, hopefully weather is better!

Traitor :P just hating on this sexy thing.

Nice Wheels

Shameless Plug

Old 10-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Forum Regular

Some of the scenes

Old 10-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Great Photo's Airspace.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i cant believe you guys hang out with the vw crowd!!!!

Old 10-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 626 Likes on 427 Posts

So many great pics and stories from the GTG last weekend !!
What a great time we have every year at this meet

Old 10-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Administrator
Received 963 Likes on 751 Posts

Originally Posted by SRQfun
Great Photo's Airspace.
I'll say!

Old 10-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Administrator
Received 963 Likes on 751 Posts

Now ya gotta get MARRIED at the next Dragon you come to!

What's it gonna be - spring or fall?

I'll be your wedding planner!!!

(Oh, wait - might not be a good omen to have ME anywhere NEAR a Dragon wedding.....)

Old 10-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Forum Regular

Pizzaguy, as long as you are not the Best Man I am sure it will be safe...

Old 10-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Forum Regular

Since we are sharing some pics... here are some of mine.
CrossfireForum.org - SRQfun's Album: A few Dragon 2012 Pics

Old 10-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Forum Regular

Many thanks all, will be ready for more photos in the spring and hope to get some driving videos as well!

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
i cant believe you guys hang out with the vw crowd!!!!
I was looking for the Quattro badges but couldn't find any quite the upgrade, when does mine turn into one of those?

Quick Reply: 6th Annual Fall 2012 - Tail of the Dragon GTG - October 5, 6, 7