Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

6th Annual Fall 2012 - Tail of the Dragon GTG - October 5, 6, 7

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: 6th Annual Fall 2012 - Tail of the Dragon GTG - October 5, 6, 7

Originally Posted by alaxfire
I'm willing if you are, we can convoy from here .... ( have to pick up some radios .... )
G., I have the radios! 22 mile Midlands with VOX and all the rest.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by maxcichon
G., I have the radios! 22 mile Midlands with VOX and all the rest.
Roger that, Cap'n

Old 10-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Want to give a huge thanks to everyone that came to and put on the event, as a dragon newbie I had no idea what to expect and pretty much just wandered around aimlessly and everything still worked out great . Ani wanted to make sure that I thank Valk and Pizzaguy for herding our group around on Saturday she really enjoyed the ride, views, chats and radio banter! The run was a good combo of seeing some of the sites and getting to feel out the dragon. Next time I'm definitely prepared and ready to make some more spirited runs.

I wish I could have met even more people and thank those board members that have helped me out, I did talk to a bunch and I'm horrible with names but everyone was so friendly, it really made the whole experience that much better. I was still chatting and running into people to the very minute we left. Being new everything was kind of a whirl wind, one minute your talking about wax, the next running up hill to get out of the picture

I also wanted to spend more time taking some pictures and peeks at others rides. With so many there it was hard to find things I would have liked to see and I know I missed a lot. We almost need some sort of mod directory/picture list so we know what cars to check out. I know a couple people would have liked to see my black console and i wanted to see somebody with the hydro graphics. There is no way I'm just going to do the weekend again that is for sure.

With so much to see/do its worth spending some extra days. For me an 8 hour drive was not that long but just long enough to leave me feeling a bit drained (can imagine how you extra long haulers felt.) Even one extra day would have fixed that for me.

Anyway I'll stop blabbing for now, will get some of the few pics I took up later. Also have to do a post dragon inspection. I developed a horrible squeak up front literally at the last overlook before the lodge on the way in. Every drive up to the lodge entrance was embarrassing when going through such a shiney group of good looking crossfires :P Thanks again to everyone and see you in the spring!

Old 10-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got all the way to Cumberland TN with Jane...started to have slippage in the rear going up hill with some rain then BAS ESP light came on some 10 miles back. Could get no fuel but had power so pulled over restarted after restting gas cap too as we just fueled a while back. got the dealer looking it over to include breaks as ive got quite a bit of dust on the back rims. guess those posi pads dont last very long...at least i hope thats it.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I had another great year at the dragon and after some dramamine, my soon-to-be better-half had a good time too! It was nice to see new faces and spend time with old friends, (young friends too. LOL Thanks to everyone that congratulated us and especially those that made Anita feel right at home. Between her thinking she doesn't know a lick about cars and not feeling well on the way in, she was almost certain she wasn't gonna fit in (read, deal breaker on the wedding, since she knows how much I love this trip) but everyone made her feel so welcome. She was very happy she came and is looking forward to it in the future.

Doc, thanks for the place to rest Thursday night. Also, thanks for almost getting me a ticket or not getting a ticket and then almost getting me a ticket again later on. LOL I'll run with you any time but don't expect me to call you when I'm on the road.

Joanna and Allan, thank you so much for the engagement gift and letting us take your car up to the dam. Anita thought it was wonderful and we'll get you some pictures we got of the cars.

Nick, thank you for letting us take your car into town to get Lisa's pulley. It was fun going through the curves with the top down and it's the first time Anita's been in a little convertible. FYI, I should have gotten a DWI while driving your car because that exhaust note is just intoxicating!

Old 10-08-2012, 01:02 PM

Good news, nothing found. Should be on road after getting some lunch. To echo others, we enjoyed our time, next year, provided timing works out, we may lead a group to Helen GA

Old 10-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Forum Regular

For those in Garys group on sat I found some of the photos

http://store.129slayer.com/ look at 4:12pm

Xtreme Sports Photography at PhotoReflect.com - The Dragon Oct. 6th, 2012 Saturday as well

http://killboy.photoreflect.com/stor...0&g=04RK01SZ04

Not sure if there will be more, I know there were a few tents up.

[edit:: added another link]

Last edited by Airscape; 10-08-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rcompart
I had another great year at the dragon and after some dramamine, my soon-to-be better-half had a good time too! It was nice to see new faces and spend time with old friends, (young friends too. LOL Thanks to everyone that congratulated us and especially those that made Anita feel right at home. Between her thinking she doesn't know a lick about cars and not feeling well on the way in, she was almost certain she wasn't gonna fit in (read, deal breaker on the wedding, since she knows how much I love this trip) but everyone made her feel so welcome. She was very happy she came and is looking forward to it in the future.

Doc, thanks for the place to rest Thursday night. Also, thanks for almost getting me a ticket or not getting a ticket and then almost getting me a ticket again later on. LOL I'll run with you any time but don't expect me to call you when I'm on the road.

Joanna and Allan, thank you so much for the engagement gift and letting us take your car up to the dam. Anita thought it was wonderful and we'll get you some pictures we got of the cars.

Nick, thank you for letting us take your car into town to get Lisa's pulley. It was fun going through the curves with the top down and it's the first time Anita's been in a little convertible. FYI, I should have gotten a DWI while driving your car because that exhaust note is just intoxicating!
As I told Anita, anytime you want it just come down and get it. It was good to see you again

Old 10-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Administrator
Received 963 Likes on 751 Posts

Originally Posted by Airscape
We almost need some sort of mod directory/picture list so we know what cars to check out. I know a couple people would have liked to see my black console ....
Ahhh, I know who YOU are now!

You did a good thing with that car, I usually cling to factory interiors over anything modded - but in yours, I think you improved on what the designers did.

I sure wish I could have talked to everyone, but in the fall, it's hard.

RUDY: Best wishes to you two.
BEANER: Good to see you again, I waited three years for this!
SO MANY OF THE REST OF YOU: The posts of our newbs say it all - great bunch of people.
FRANC: Get your priorities right! (And that goes for a few other faces I didn't see).

One last note (like I am EVER done talking) I am so proud of the Gens and the XF's, the rescue of the biker on saturday was a REAL team effort. Also, we XF's assisted two other bikers who had "oops-ies" in front of us. I'd say we made a difference this time....

I left around 11am, with Kyle and Jason behind me, so they are the official last ones to leave.
I explored the area a little and am having lunch in Franklin at a Mexican place (that I will come back to again !!!!)

I'll be home in three hours, taking the back way home at a slow, peaceful pace....

Old 10-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

I left Sunday morning at6:30am, got home at 8pm, actually on the highway going home approximately 70 miles from home, I broke another rear piece of suspension, I say another because on the Dragon,the bolt came out of the sway bar link. I was without a sway bar on the left side. Thanks to Paul,jacked up the car and tied the sway bar link to the shock , and kept going..now going home one of the toe links stripped the threads,and the hyim joint pulled right out,, so my right rear was moving back and forth about a half inch. this was after i pushed it back in and tied it together with a sock.,, my last 70 miles was 50 to 60 miles an hour. could not put brakes on, or give it gas too fast, because if I did the car and wheel would go back or forward,, so i would immediately make a right or left turn into the next lane without moving the steering.. Anyway I got it home no problem, I'm here. I'm alive. 12 hours of driving nonstop except for food except that last 70 miles away and stop for anything.

At a great time, so all my old friends or bunch of new friends, this year I did not run the Dragon at all, but I did have a nice drive with a bunch of great people Jim (bigkid) leading and Paul (Mr. Taz), pushing him every time he could. It was great to see all three of Rudy and Paul's accelerated V8's at one place at one time .
thanks to Gary and the people that helped him for putting this together again.
you keep making this earlier and earlier every year, which I like because the weather was not his cold this year, but Sunday morning when it got cold. You notice I left LOL.

congratulations to Rudy on your engagement
congratulations to Paul on your engagement.

the three V8 crossfires :: thethreeV8crossfires008.jpg picture by amx1397 - Photobucket

jim

Old 10-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Forum Regular

Just wanted to let you all know that it was so great to see you all this weekend. Eric and Ruth just made it home and so did I.

I want to thank you all for your kind words to me in regards to tending to the young man who wrecked his bike Saturday morning on the Skyway. His name is Stephan Triss from Chicago. He is alive, on a vent with bilateral chest tubes. He also has some cerebral contusions but does communicate. I also want to thank Eric and Ruth for their kind support during that time. I have also sent words of thanks to the Gensport folks for all their wonderful care they provided that helped save this man's life.

I would like to ask our group to participate in a card shower for Stephan. Please, if you would, send your get well wishes to: Stephan Triss, Mission Hospital, Room J419, 509 Biltmore Ave., Asheville, NC 28801. Let him know you are with the Crossfire group. I've asked the Gensport group to also send cards. This guy is going to have a long haul and he is a long way from home.

Finally, I would like to thank Eric and Ruth Zerface for pulling me home. Thank you for the love.

Jane M. Bridges MD

Old 10-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Evelyn and I made it back safe. My second time attending the Dragon, ready for next time.

Thanks everyone.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Nice work Jane, but I wouldn't have expected anything else from you... That was a nice save...he will always remember you and the others that saved his life that day... That is what this group is all about...helping each other... I enjoyed meeting some of the Gen Sports guys as well...hope to see more of them next fall.....until next fall ....

Old 10-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another fun trip! I wish the weather was a bit better, but at least we did not have any Crossfires dinged up that I know about. Wendy and I made it to Montgomery, AL, and will head down to Biloxi tomorrow to see some beaches. We hope to be home on Saturday or Sunday.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 627 Likes on 428 Posts

Hello everyone,
Anders and I got home around 7pm tonight.
We ran between 80 and 90mph most of the way home after Lexington,Ky when the rain cleared and the roads were dry.
Put 1600 miles on from door to door with no issues at all.
Just been reading all the posts and I'm happy to see that everyone had a good time.
I was excited to meet so many new folks at this one and hope you all continue to return to the meets over the years.
Thanks to everyone who came and made this another memorable event in the mountains.

Here are a few pics I captured this year
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=29870f28ab

__________________________________________________ _____

Our Fall 2013 dates are already set so put them on your calendar.
October 4, 5, 6 - 2013

I will open the new thread for signing up for Fall after the conclusion of the Spring Dragon meet in April 5, 6, 7 - 2013

Although you can call the Fontana Lodge now to make your reservations for next year for Spring and /or Fall.

Just call 1 (800) 849-2258 and ask for the reservations desk.
Tell them your booking with the "Chrysler Crossfire Group" to be certain to get our group rate.
Our discounted lodge rates are $79.00 (with Our Crossfire Group discount)

Hope to see ya back next year !!

Thanks everyone, Gary

Old 10-08-2012, 11:53 PM

For anyone who want a super large sized(we're talking about 12000x2700 size, huge poster printable size) panorama picture, here're a set.

Images are in full size, hosted at my personal server.

Help yourself.

The images uploaded here are downsized to fit 1024 as width.

Actual Sized below:

Image 1 Download Link: http://shibingsprojects.com/projects/Panorama.jpg

Image 2 Download Link:http://shibingsprojects.com/projects/Panorama2.jpg

Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails 6th Annual Fall 2012 - Tail of the Dragon GTG - October 5, 6, 7-panorama.jpg   6th Annual Fall 2012 - Tail of the Dragon GTG - October 5, 6, 7-panorama2.jpg  
Old 10-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JaneBridges
Just wanted to let you all know that it was so great to see you all this weekend. Eric and Ruth just made it home and so did I.

I want to thank you all for your kind words to me in regards to tending to the young man who wrecked his bike Saturday morning on the Skyway. His name is Stephan Triss from Chicago. He is alive, on a vent with bilateral chest tubes. He also has some cerebral contusions but does communicate. I also want to thank Eric and Ruth for their kind support during that time. I have also sent words of thanks to the Gensport folks for all their wonderful care they provided that helped save this man's life.

I would like to ask our group to participate in a card shower for Stephan. Please, if you would, send your get well wishes to: Stephan Triss, Mission Hospital, Room J419, 509 Biltmore Ave., Asheville, NC 28801. Let him know you are with the Crossfire group. I've asked the Gensport group to also send cards. This guy is going to have a long haul and he is a long way from home.

Finally, I would like to thank Eric and Ruth Zerface for pulling me home. Thank you for the love.

Jane M. Bridges MD

Consider it done Jane I will pick up a nice card tonight on my way home from work.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kuratsunade
For anyone who want a super large sized(we're talking about 12000x2700 size, huge poster printable size) panorama picture, here're a set.

Help yourself.

Actual Sized below:

Enjoy!
Those are great shots!!

Old 10-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kuratsunade

Help yourself.

Actual Sized below:

Enjoy!
Nice images!

Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Administrator
Received 963 Likes on 751 Posts
Default Re: After the Dragon

And for those of us who had been there several times before - the best part of the weekend was:

1) Meeting new people
2) Hearing that the new people had a great time
3) Finding out that the XF's and Gens saved a guys' life on the Skyway.

This was one for the record books... too bad the GREAT weather was Thursday and Friday!

Quick Reply: 6th Annual Fall 2012 - Tail of the Dragon GTG - October 5, 6, 7