Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

5th Annual Spring 2012 Tail of the Dragon GTG - April 6, 7, 8

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default re: 5th Annual Spring 2012 Tail of the Dragon GTG - April 6, 7, 8

Originally Posted by KimPossible
Here I am Dennis!!!!

Life has just kept me off the forum for a while.

I will update the list today. I think that I am only going to bring 1 car. Chuk doesn't think he will be able to make it, so I think it will just be me in the SRT. I think my little yellow car is going to stay home this trip. Its going to be weird to be in the mountains in a hard top ..... lol!!!
Kim once you feel the power of that SRT coupe out of the turns you will be hooked. I think you made the right choice on which one to bring. Looking forward to running with you again.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I am really looking forward to running the SRT up there. When we bought the car from Jeremy part of the deal was the promise that the car would go to the Dragon in the Spring. She needs new sneakers and new brakes before the we make the trip. I can't wait to make a run in it but I think there will be a little bit of a learning curve because of the different amount of power. I am so used to the yellow car up there and I fee so comfortable with what I can do in that car - this is going to be really different. I also have those glasses that record what you are looking at, so I can't wait to record my Dragon run. The only 2 things that I'm not looking forward to is SRT gas mileage and having a roof over my head all weekend.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:21 PM

I am really looking forward to running the SRT up there. When we bought the car from Jeremy part of the deal was the promise that the car would go to the Dragon in the Spring. She needs new sneakers and new brakes before the we make the trip. I can't wait to make a run in it but I think there will be a little bit of a learning curve because of the different amount of power. I am so used to the yellow car up there and I fee so comfortable with what I can do in that car - this is going to be really different. I also have those glasses that record what you are looking at, so I can't wait to record my Dragon run. The only 2 things that I'm not looking forward to is SRT gas mileage and having a roof over my head all weekend.
Kim, where have you been!!!!lol You SRT folks are killing me. I feel like I'm going to the park to let my dog run with everybody else's pet, but mine is the only one who has three legs.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:31 PM

John - you know how life is ..... sometimes it keeps you from doing the things you want to do!!! What day are you heading up to the Dragon? Dan will be driving the support vehicle (Durango) this year. I tried to convince him to rent a trailer so we could load the XF's on & trailer to the Dragon but he wasn't having any part of it. I was really looking forward to a nice little siesta on the way up and no miles added to the car ..... oh well.

Its not too late to get in on this SRT bonanza. It does seem like a lot of people have upgraded their HP recently though doesn't it......

Old 02-19-2012, 12:40 PM

John - you know how life is ..... sometimes it keeps you from doing the things you want to do!!! What day are you heading up to the Dragon? Dan will be driving the support vehicle (Durango) this year. I tried to convince him to rent a trailer so we could load the XF's on & trailer to the Dragon but he wasn't having any part of it. I was really looking forward to a nice little siesta on the way up and no miles added to the car ..... oh well.

Its not too late to get in on this SRT bonanza. It does seem like a lot of people have upgraded their HP recently though doesn't it......
I may be going up a week before or as late as Wed. morning. and yes several of u-all have switched. and to make matters worse I now drive by a neighbor just up the street from me that has a black SRT to go with his Vette. I've started going home a different way. I know its not right to be jealous but man is it a nice looking X-fire that would look better in my stable....

Old 02-19-2012, 01:07 PM

I figured you might go up ahead of time to spend some time with Ben. I am heading back Monday morning and would be more than happy to run together if you are heading home the same day. I am going up on Friday. Dan and I will probably caravan that morning. I think there are some other people coming from Central FL too.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:15 PM

I figured you might go up ahead of time to spend some time with Ben. I am heading back Monday morning and would be more than happy to run together if you are heading home the same day. I am going up on Friday. Dan and I will probably caravan that morning. I think there are some other people coming from Central FL too.
You are correct. Ben is on break that week so I am going up early to spend some time with him. (detail his car)

Old 02-19-2012, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by john book
You are correct. Ben is on break that week so I am going up early to spend some time with him. (detail his car)
John since you are detailing your car and Ben's I am sure I could get the coupe up there at the end of the line. You will already have all the detailing stuff out and in the correct frame of mind so one more car shouldn't matter.

Let me know your plans, Howard and I have been talking about an early Dragon run.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bigkid
John since you are detailing your car and Ben's I am sure I could get the coupe up there at the end of the line. You will already have all the detailing stuff out and in the correct frame of mind so one more car shouldn't matter.

Let me know your plans, Howard and I have been talking about an early Dragon run.
Sounds good!! I should know in a week or so just when I'm leaving.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:29 PM

Is Ben coming to the Dragon too? Should I add him to the list?

Old 02-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds good!! I should know in a week or so just when I'm leaving.
John you need a Graphite SRT-6 that way you'll match the rest of the crew LOL

Old 02-19-2012, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
I know, I would take one in blue at this time,,,,,just joking no hate How r u doing Nick. What day are you getting to the Dragon?

Kim, thanks for asking and yes Ben is going to be there along with my oldest son J.B. He will be taking my car for part of the weekend.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:53 PM

I know, I would take one in blue at this time,,,,,just joking no hate How r u doing Nick. What day are you getting to the Dragon?

Kim, thanks for asking and yes Ben is going to be there along with my oldest son J.B. He will be taking my car for part of the weekend.
Thursday will be the day I arrive. I'm game for whatever on Friday

Old 02-19-2012, 10:00 PM

Thursday will be the day I arrive. I'm game for whatever on Friday
Sounds great, Ill be there

Old 02-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts

Just put ithe SRT in third gear and enjoy the throttle. Intruth the SRT will not do the Dragon any better than an NA. But the NA requires more effort from the driver.
Hell Bender, now that's another story. There you will find the SRT to be an absolute beast andit's power quite useful..You will leave the NA's behind.

See you there Kim. But most of us will be looking at your back side.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Just put ithe SRT in third gear and enjoy the throttle. Intruth the SRT will not do the Dragon any better than an NA. But the NA requires more effort from the driver.
Hell Bender, now that's another story. There you will find the SRT to be an absolute beast andit's power quite useful..You will leave the NA's behind.

Franc you are so right. It was just Howard Jim and Nick, Now I will be adding Kim to the list of "back sides" leaving me Dang It!!!! whats the story on the turbo charged N/A s I need help.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:36 PM
www.TheCrossfireShop.com
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, at the urging of Schwarzer, I booked a room at the Fontana, so I guess me and the wife will see everyone at the Dragon. Booked 6 - 8.

Tim - The Crossfire Shop

Oh, and I will be bringing the SRT6.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:58 PM

Nick, Graphite Gray is cool, but Aero Blue is where it is at.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:00 AM

The only 2 things that I'm not looking forward to is SRT gas mileage and having a roof over my head all weekend.
Trust me when I say I hope the roof does not come in handy, but I have fully tested its durability and it passed with flying colors

but mine is the only one who has three legs.
Some of us like our three legged dogs, they do pretty good in the mountains, just not in straight lines LOL

Originally Posted by MrMoPar
Well, at the urging of Schwarzer, I booked a room at the Fontana, so I guess me and the wife will see everyone at the Dragon. Booked 6 - 8.
Tim, very glad you can make it, looking forward to meeting my new parts supplier . Once you have been to the dragon and drank the koolaid, you will never want to miss it

Old 02-20-2012, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher

I totally disagree with this, Franc I think if you brought Crumpies SRT and had a clean run you would be faster through the dragon than you would be in your "roadster with a stick"

Originally Posted by itsky
Nick, Graphite Gray is cool, but Aero Blue is where it is at.
I actually agree with you, it pained me driving around with Kyle and Jason last year in their two Aero Blue SRT's. Such a beautiful color, and reminding me so much of my first SRT.

Quick Reply: 5th Annual Spring 2012 Tail of the Dragon GTG - April 6, 7, 8