Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

5th Annual Spring 2012 Tail of the Dragon GTG - April 6, 7, 8

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking re: 5th Annual Spring 2012 Tail of the Dragon GTG - April 6, 7, 8

Just wanted to say that i enjoyed the get together with all the other Xfire owners. still getting used to mine. Followed Kimpossibles' group on the run of the dragon on Saturday. looking forward to the next time!!!

Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Administrator
Received 963 Likes on 751 Posts
Default re: 5th Annual Spring 2012 Tail of the Dragon GTG - April 6, 7, 8

Just remember that "next time" is this fall, not next spring!

Old 04-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts

Cr@p!

I just unpacked and noticed my walker is missing.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I flew home to Denver today and got home a few hours ago. Another great Dragon with lots of great times and stories! Thanks Franc for letting me bum a ride with you.

Last edited by itsky; 04-10-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Oh....do tell !!!!!
Once the photo companys on the dragon post their photos from Sat. that should help explain everything.... If I locate it i'll help fill in the blanks. However like the old saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words

Old 04-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Man....you all have a drink for me....sounds like a good time down there... Chilly up here again... Cars are still tucked away in the garage, awaiting a "Rudy" day out....lol. I have been working on everything but the cars lately....but, we will be down there in the fall for sure...that I won't miss... Everyone be safe....bring'em home alive John Book....
Doc, I could have used some BACK-UP this weekend. As you can see we were doing ok until Franc took off to hit the dragon with his walker in an effort to improve his times. ( He was quicker in the tight turns than a certain white Land Rover but was holding up an elderly local in a Buick in both walker and Crossfire) Hope you can make it in the fall my friend.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:50 PM

This was the friend I made on the Dragon. (little bit of road rage on both our parts).

The story goes as such,
I was leading the aggressive group on 129 Tenn Side towards the dragon and we got behind a White Landrover Discovery with North Carolina plates. Since we were not to the dragon yet I decide to hang back thinking he'd pull off and let us by. After all there's a SLK55 and 6 Crossfires behind him 3 of which were SRT's. He passes the big pull off on the left just before entering the tail and I get drive up closer to him. Hoping he'd get the idea that we want by, but instead at the next pull off he just continues on his way and flips me the bird. That really set me off, so for the next 4 miles I kept my nose underneath him until he finally decided to pull over at the US129 photo booth where I also slid in right beside him to discuss some unpleasant things. Basically I said "What the F is wrong with you?" and his response was that I shouldn't use my car as a weapon, I responded with a F you. I was ready to exit my car when I looked in the rear view mirror and noticed that I had a gaggle of crossfires stopped on the dragon. I really expected them to keep going, so instead of I peeled off. Now comes the best part. One of the Crossfire drivers pulls up next to him and the Landrover guy says to him, "Don't even talk to me" and my buddy in the Crossfire responds, "Oh I don't want to talk to you, I want to kick your ***"

Here is Mr Landrover pointing at me as I drive off.

Honestly I wouldn't have gotten angry if he hadn't flipped me the bird. It basically said, I know you want me over, but F you.
I know many of you know who the crossfire driver is but unless he decides to make himself known his name doesn't really matter.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was nice meeting yall while we were out there. The Gen Coupes usually do a bi-annual run and will have our dates set for the Fall Run no later than the end of the month. If yall are interested, let us know and we can work to be there the same weekend again.

If you want to see some of our footage and pictures, keep an eye on this link:

2012 Spring Run of the Dragon - Pics/Vids - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

Next time, we should work a mixed group Dragon run. If anyone wants to be scared out of their pants, I will be offering rides like I normally do

Old 04-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Nick you are a really good guy, and I truly believe you'd only get pissed if someone was trying to **** you off. That guy was obviously trying.

I met up with a similar *** on Friday but they (after 3 miles) pulled off at the overlook and I just took off and let it go. It was my FIRST run and no one was gonna ruin it for me. But some bikers DID try to teach him a lesson, I let 'em by but this guy TRIED to pull into the other lane and block them!!

I honestly thought he was gonna get an *** kicking from them - and I'd have helped!!! They f-ed with him for about a 1/2 mile (slowed down to about 15 in front of him, then pulled over, I thought to teach him to pull over, but may have been to get him to stop so they could kick his ***.)

DAMN, did he **** them off! Anyway, they took off and he felt it safe to stop at the overlook and I went on down to the west end, turned around, and from what I remember, had a great run back - to my arrival at the lodge for check-in.

Bill, like I said on your forum, you guys are a lot of fun and your presence added only positively to the weekend. I sure hope we repeat the whole damn weekend (including the perfect weather - are you guys responsible for that?)

And I think my ride with Nick Sunday was enough. How green was my face?

Old 04-10-2012, 06:10 PM

Mark do I need to send you some Jungle Juice from the Amazon dot com?

Old 04-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Administrator

No more drinking at the Dragon for Pizza! It cost me too much sleep (or so I am thinking) and I think it contributed to my 1/2 day off yesterday!

DAMN that stuff hit hard! (Well for a guy who drinks about once a year...)

Ya gotta check out some of the GEN guys' videos. Giving me ideas... like mounting the camera on the back end, near the exhaust.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
No more drinking at the Dragon for Pizza! It cost me too much sleep (or so I am thinking) and I think it contributed to my 1/2 day off yesterday!

DAMN that stuff hit hard! (Well for a guy who drinks about once a year...)

Ya gotta check out some of the GEN guys' videos. Giving me ideas... like mounting the camera on the back end, near the exhaust.
Considering it was 20 oz of alcohol with a splash of sprite it should be strong lol.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:38 PM

Nick, that jungle juice is wicked stuff. It makes you speak in tongues!

Old 04-10-2012, 08:16 PM

The best run I had this weekend was with Jim and Howard on Moonshiners. I took them through at what I thought was a good pace. Then at the BP station we decided it was time to turn around and head back to Bryson City only Howard was going to lead. At one point I thought Jim had gotten away from me and I had to push for several minutes to get close to him again. At one point we came around a corner that had a load of bikers off to one side of it cheering us on. I totally felt like I was in a rally of some sort. What a fantastic time.

Another awesome moment from this weekend was when Kim and I went off by ourselves in my 55. We went down 28 and decided to go exploring. Down one road we ran into a family that was fishing in a creek/river. I stopped to ask them if the asphalt continued on or if the road turned into gravel. There was an adorable kid who quickly commented back, "Why? Are yall going to go fast?" I still regret not taking the time to talk with them longer. I so wanted to learn more about their way of life.

And I will probably never have a Skyway run like Jim and I had on Saturday. We ran into one car that quickly got out of our way and constantly hit triple digits. It was the fastest I've ever ran that route. Both of us started the run with half full tanks and both of us had our gas light on by the end of it. I was averaging 11 mpg that day

Last edited by Thirteendog; 04-10-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Another awesome moment from this weekend was when Kim and I went off by ourselves in my 55. We went down 28 and decided to go exploring. Down one road we ran into a family that was fishing in a creek/river. I stopped to ask them if the asphalt continued on or if the road turned into gravel. There was an adorable kid who quickly commented back, "Why? Are yall going to go fast?" I still regret not taking the time to talk with them longer. I so wanted to learn more about their way of life.
That kid was super cute. They caught 40 fish that day. That kid was so cute when he asked you if your car was as fast as a ZR1. They were really nice folks. It was also awesome to hear how much stronger Nick's southern got as soon as they started talking to us.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:37 PM

For anyone interested in the "how about slaying that pull-off?" t-shirts, this is the website.

Slayer Hater

Old 04-11-2012, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by KimPossible
For anyone interested in the "how about slaying that pull-off?" t-shirts, this is the website.

Slayer Hater
Great site Kim. The bashing of the Harleys and "tools" on that site is so true.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by itsky
I flew home to Denver today and got home a few hours ago. Another great Dragon with lots of great times and stories! Thanks Franc for letting me bum a ride with you.
Good to hear you made it home safe and had a good time.

For the record, I rode with you as well and had as much fun on shotgun as I did rowing gears and managing the horses.

Great place.
Great people.
Great weekend.

Thanks again KimPossible!

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 04-11-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:07 AM

I'm really glad that everyone had a great time! I am glad that so many of us were able to come together with our XF family on Easter as well.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:20 AM

It looks like our cars got a mention on the front page of the killboy blog. I was really hoping Nick's community outreach moment would make the blog but its not there. I'm sure there would have been some funny comments.

Check out the blog! It looks like the tourist class is representing our group.

killboy.com photos - The Original Photographer from Hwy US129 Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap

Quick Reply: 5th Annual Spring 2012 Tail of the Dragon GTG - April 6, 7, 8