Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

Texas Motor Speedway - Running of the Xfires II - Sept. 26th

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Texas Motor Speedway - Running of the Xfires II - Sept. 26th

All, I have just placed about 40 picturs from the day's events in my gallery under the Sept.09.TMS.xFires.II Album. Have about 40 more as the bulk of the rest is one picture of each car while filling out paperwork in the TMS parking lot.

Photos here include a few from the morning's Cars And Coffee in Plano, at the Motel 6, at our lunch stop - Babes Chicken, and finally TMS itself. Will get the remaining ones up soon. Enjoy!!

Thanks, Chris

Old 09-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

Until I can get my pics in the gallery here they can be seen here at my Kodak Gallery

Old 09-28-2009, 06:24 AM
Default Speedway Meet

Great set of pictures. Our first Big GTG and looking forward to the next. Much appeciate the pictures and thoroughly enjoyed meeting all the other Crossfire owners. Got quite a few GOOD Ideas for my Christmas Presents from the wife. NOW a proud CICCI Member THANKS.
We paticularly would mention the really good treatment and friendship of Eric the Hotel Manager. Great GUY.

Terry & Margaret

Last edited by TerryR; 09-28-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:28 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by venomous
Hey guys and gals, nice meeting the bunch of ya! For me having a Viper truck and totally the black sheep y'all were very welcoming and a great group of folks in general. Being the SRT godfather owning a 10 I've always been interested in the rest of the line. I was introduced with overwhelming varieties of Crossfires including the SRT6 and and a special thanks to Char for inviting me to the party afterwards and the 2am ride in her roadster. Again thank you all and your group represented nicely. Y'all are always welcome to our forum as well if you have anything to learn about the Viper Ram! VTCOA.com or Viper Truck Club of America. Talk to y'all soon
Now you need to add a Crossfire to your collection....

Old 09-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Just wanted to say what a great time Diane and I had at the GTG. The track was still very cool, even though we didn't get to go a little faster. Getting the luck of the draw and being right behind the pace car was cool.
Can't wait for the next TMS. Lots of good people and great cars.
Here are a few random shots from the weekend.

Attached Thumbnails Texas Motor Speedway - Running of the Xfires II - Sept. 26th-img_2756.jpg   Texas Motor Speedway - Running of the Xfires II - Sept. 26th-img_2778.jpg   Texas Motor Speedway - Running of the Xfires II - Sept. 26th-img_2852.jpg   Texas Motor Speedway - Running of the Xfires II - Sept. 26th-img_2871.jpg  
Old 09-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
Until I can get my pics in the gallery here they can be seen here at my Kodak Gallery
Great photos Gary! Thanks for posting!

Old 09-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Forum Regular

Hey, ya all!! I made it home at 12:30 AM, safe and sound. Franc and I made good time, so I decided to head on home.

I want to thank everyone from Texas for being such great hosts. I had a really great time and loved being on the track. From riding in a Smart Car, to following stinky diesel trucks, it all was fun. Many thanks to Dan for making this all happen; to Eric for "keeping the light on" and giving us a place to stay and hang out (What!! No shampoo???); to Texas T and your lovely wife (I'm really bad with names) and Char and Dan for feeding us and for the great Margaritas. It was so wonderful to meet you all and wished I could have spent more time with you all. And, to my travelling buddies, Danimal, Valk, Itsky, and Franc, look forward to seeing you all soon at the Tail. And finally, many thanks to Franc for leading me to the great State of Texas. Your guidance allowed me to stay relaxed so I could enjoy our beautiful country. I really need to get out more. And thank you, Cathy, for allowing Franc to go.

Again, many thanks for my new Texan and Oklahoma friends.

Jane

Old 09-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was a great time! I sure enjoyed meeting a bunch of new faces and meeting up with old friends. I have some pics which I will post here in a bit. It took me 11hrs and 45 minutes to get home (even with stopping)! I got home about 7:30PM last night. I couldn't drive top down until I hit NM where the temperature finally got below 90!

Dan (Inferno) - thanks for setting this event up
texas t - Thanks to you and your wife for the food and grill. You generosity is greatly appreciated.
eeric - Thanks for hosting us at your lovely new place
Jane - Thanks for making the lovely candies and cards!
Char - Those were great jalapeno poppers!

Last edited by itsky; 09-28-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Talking Re: Texas Motor Speedway - Running of the Xfires II - Sept. 26th

Some video of TMS track xfires See utube below

Old 09-28-2009, 10:17 AM

Nice video texas t.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JaneBridges
Hey, ya all!! I made it home at 12:30 AM, safe and sound. Franc and I made good time, so I decided to head on home.

I want to thank everyone from Texas for being such great hosts. I had a really great time and loved being on the track. From riding in a Smart Car, to following stinky diesel trucks, it all was fun. Many thanks to Dan for making this all happen; to Eric for "keeping the light on" and giving us a place to stay and hang out (What!! No shampoo???); to Texas T and your lovely wife (I'm really bad with names) and Char and Dan for feeding us and for the great Margaritas. It was so wonderful to meet you all and wished I could have spent more time with you all. And, to my travelling buddies, Danimal, Valk, Itsky, and Franc, look forward to seeing you all soon at the Tail. And finally, many thanks to Franc for leading me to the great State of Texas. Your guidance allowed me to stay relaxed so I could enjoy our beautiful country. I really need to get out more. And thank you, Cathy, for allowing Franc to go.

Again, many thanks for my new Texan and Oklahoma friends.

Jane
Originally Posted by itsky
It was a great time! I sure enjoyed meeting a bunch of new faces and meeting up with old friends. I have some pics which I will post here in a bit. It took me 11hrs and 45 minutes to get home (even with stopping)! I got home about 7:30PM last night. I couldn't drive top down until I hit NM where the temperature finally got below 90!

Dan (Inferno) - thanks for setting this event up
Texas T - Thanks to you and your wife for the food and grill. You generosity is greatly appreciated.
eeric - Thanks for hosting us at your lovely new place
Jane - Thanks for making the lovely candies and cards!
Char - Those were great jalapeno poppers!
Jane, Itsky, Smfrycruzr, TerryR, et al,

I'm glad to know you made it home safely. It was so nice to meet you and all the good folks who made the long journey to attend this event. Even though the speed was disappointing, the weather was perfect (considering all the rain we had been having) and the socializing was priceless.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:48 AM

A few of the videos I had:

At the hotel:

At TMS:

Old 09-28-2009, 12:21 PM

I have posted my video here:

http://paigescrossfire.shutterfly.com/

Make sure you have the sound on. I added some good tracks to the video.

Mark and I had a lot of fun this weekend. It was great to see all of the Crossfires together and meet so many new friendly people. Even though we didnt get to go as fast as we anticipated, at least I can say I was there and I raced my car at the Texas Motor Speedway. I am so glad I was able to attend. It's an experience I will never forget.

Paige

Old 09-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Talking Re: Texas Motor Speedway - Running of the Xfires II - Sept. 26th

Great video Paige , good way to represent the xfire and their owners.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:53 PM

Hey guys & gals,
Hope you all made it home safely. We had alots of fun and learned a ton about our crossfire-lots of cool ideas for customizing. Eric we really appreciated the Motel 6 and their hospitality. Jane the candy was great....always need something sweet. Terry, Larry & I can't wait to put our interior in....I have alot more confidence than I did and a exact game plan for the project. Mike don't be surprised if your crossfire disappears....it will be at our place. Lantana you are centuries ahead of us but we will be following you. And to anyone I have forgotten to mention....thank you for your input. Hope to do something fun again soon.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by paigemartin
I have posted my video here:

http://paigescrossfire.shutterfly.com/

Make sure you have the sound on. I added some good tracks to the video.

Mark and I had a lot of fun this weekend. It was great to see all of the Crossfires together and meet so many new friendly people. Even though we didnt get to go as fast as we anticipated, at least I can say I was there and I raced my car at the Texas Motor Speedway. I am so glad I was able to attend. It's an experience I will never forget.

Paige
Great video Paige. I like the irony of the song "Slow Ride" when the Lamborghini's were on the track.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

This picture turned out really good! LOL .

Old 09-28-2009, 05:50 PM

Looking good!

Old 09-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Paige, Great video! That was pretty funny putting it to the song Slow Ride! Take care of that beautiful ride of yours.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by psuperti
This picture turned out really good! LOL .

That is an awsome picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Texas Motor Speedway - Running of the Xfires II - Sept. 26th