Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions
View Poll Results: Would you like to participate in Crossfires Across America?
Yes, count me in.
88.44%
Yes, count me in AND I want to help with the organization.
11.56%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010 | 06:17 AM
Default re: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Similar to other meets, we are planning to have the group photo at the Gateway Raceway on Wed. I recommend everybody head to the track after our drives and get in the picture. Just to remind you, the only fee will be if you decide to run the track.

Old 06-17-2010 | 11:17 AM
Default re: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

UNFORTUNATLEY I wont get to attend this funtion because of prior comitments , but I did want to tell everyone To have a Safe and fun trip to the GTG and back home again ,,,,,, your making history the good kind ,,,,,ENJOY THE RIDE MY FRIENDS

hOWARD,,

Old 06-18-2010 | 08:52 AM

Hey Erzer or Franc ..... My wife (co-pilot) has been asking me if there are any plans just for wives and significant others to get together and meet, and maybe even have a shopping day or such, whenever there may be a time that they wouldn't want to tag along with an activity that they may have no interest in (such as drag racing).

Old 06-18-2010 | 09:04 AM

I know this is late, but if at all possible I would like to join the session on 6/24.

Old 06-18-2010 | 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU
Hey Erzer or Franc ..... My wife (co-pilot) has been asking me if there are any plans just for wives and significant others to get together and meet, and maybe even have a shopping day or such, whenever there may be a time that they wouldn't want to tag along with an activity that they may have no interest in (such as drag racing).
My wife probably wouldn't mind this either for certain events.

Old 06-18-2010 | 10:04 AM

We assumed there would be a desire for this activity but did not have time in tree days to"officially " plan it.

Within five minutes of Harrahs is Old Towne St Charles. Antique shops, curio shops, bistro restaurants, and tourist stuff. About eight brick streeted blocks of 16th cnetury French Provincial architecture. They all take plastic so if you dare, you can turn your wives loose there.

Reasonable parking available if you wish to join them.

I don't know if the Hotel has a shuttle service there but they do have taxis.

franc

Old 06-18-2010 | 10:28 AM

There wasn't time to put it in official plans. There will be information on your packet about Main Street in St. Charles and some store coupons. Lots of unique shops. It's not too far from the hotel for those that might want to get together for this.

Old 06-18-2010 | 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by srt6ragtop
I know this is late, but if at all possible I would like to join the session on 6/24.
send an email to rjzerf@stlgcg.org what activities you would like to do on the 24th and we'll see what we can do

Old 06-18-2010 | 11:02 AM
Forum Regular

hey guys, im going to bump this thread as well...

Hey guys, we still have slots avaliable for tuning if your interested. Also please let me know if you are interested in just dyno runs

I have sent an email to those who have paid requesting time slot information:

Raymond: Monday morning
Evan: TBD
Dennis: Monday morning
Jane: Monday late afternoon
Eric: TBD
John Penz: Tuesday Afternoon

I know wedge and doc were interested, let me know guys.

For reference my number is 630-222-5253 and we will be coming up late sunday night, and tuning through tuesday night.

Jake

Old 06-18-2010 | 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
We assumed there would be a desire for this activity but did not have time in tree days to"officially " plan it.

Within five minutes of Harrahs is Old Towne St Charles. Antique shops, curio shops, bistro restaurants, and tourist stuff. About eight brick streeted blocks of 16th cnetury French Provincial architecture. They all take plastic so if you dare, you can turn your wives loose there.

Reasonable parking available if you wish to join them.

I don't know if the Hotel has a shuttle service there but they do have taxis.

franc
This sounds pretty good ..... wife is excited .... My thought is, that sometime during the "welcome breakfast", the wives that are interested in some mutual activities, get together and identify themselves in some way, and "talk and plan"!!!!! Just my $.02

Old 06-18-2010 | 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by EUROCHARGED

Hey guys, we still have slots avaliable for tuning if your interested. Also please let me know if you are interested in just dyno runs

For reference my number is 630-222-5253 and we will be coming up late sunday night, and tuning through tuesday night.

Jake
You have my PM....thanks

Old 06-18-2010 | 09:37 PM
|

Count me in for at least a dyno on Tuesday.

Originally Posted by EUROCHARGED

Jake

Old 06-19-2010 | 12:20 AM

This sounds pretty good ..... wife is excited .... My thought is, that sometime during the "welcome breakfast", the wives that are interested in some mutual activities, get together and identify themselves in some way, and "talk and plan"!!!!! Just my $.02
Bingo. One important function of the meet and greet breakfast. Figure out what you all want to do. Especially if you hadn't by then.

Look, this CAA is a first. It is not Carlisle or Woodward or a Dragon meet. There are three days of events, multiple events. And plenty of things to do we didn't organize. You are welcome to jump in to the organized events or do your own thing.

Just come here to St Louis, meet good friends, AND HAVE A GOOD TIME!

Got it?

roadster with a stick

Old 06-19-2010 | 01:04 AM
Forum Regular

How lovely my work just scheduled a last minute mandatory meeting tuesday at 2pm... someone in my family might just die monday... .

Old 06-19-2010 | 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by ProjectMayhem
How lovely my work just scheduled a last minute mandatory meeting tuesday at 2pm... someone in my family might just die monday... .
Obviously! Too late for work to get in the way of the CAA!

Old 06-19-2010 | 03:19 PM

Missing the event but mostly the people
Had to cancel last week or so over personal matter.
Have fun be safe-Rapps

Old 06-19-2010 | 04:03 PM

I will be ridin' black instead of ole' blue...painter didn't get the bumper done...so now, this evening with a little proding, I am going to install the johnson pump since I am no hurry to get it ready...but, we will be there, but not for a tune, so I am thinking about coming out early Tuesday instead of coming Monday....we shall see....later....

Old 06-19-2010 | 05:15 PM

I'm signing off and headed for the house to pack the last items. Based on the weather reports, I may leave a little earlier than planned. 97 degrees Sunday, 98 degrees tomorrow and 97 degrees on Tuesday WOW

Old 06-19-2010 | 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rapp's
Missing the event but mostly the people
Had to cancel last week or so over personal matter.
Have fun be safe-Rapps
Bummer. Maybe the fall Dragon?

Old 06-19-2010 | 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by naughteven
I'm signing off and headed for the house to pack the last items. Based on the weather reports, I may leave a little earlier than planned. 97 degrees Sunday, 98 degrees tomorrow and 97 degrees on Tuesday WOW

I had warned early on in the site choosing part of this madness that June in St Louis is the hottest and the wettest.

It looks like we will miss the rain (after Monday anyway) but theTemps will be in the high nineties.

AC should be charged and running. Even on the Verts.

Drink lots of Blinky Blinder Fluid.

Stay safe guys.

franc

Quick Reply: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010