Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions
View Poll Results: Would you like to participate in Crossfires Across America?
Yes, count me in.
88.44%
Yes, count me in AND I want to help with the organization.
11.56%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010 | 11:27 AM
Default re: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

AN INTERVENTION

I want to talk a little bit about racing. I know I know we have a forum for that. But I want to talk to those who wouldn't click on it because, they are not into RACING!

I'm just gonna come out with it and say it. YOU ARE LIARS

ANYBODY WHO OWNS ONE OF THESE CARS HAS AT THE VERY LEAST, A SMIDGEN OF RACING IN THEIR BLOOD. GO ON AND ADMIT IT!

You can't tell me that at least once in a while at a stop light, you want to punch it. At least once in a while on a curvy road you don't push it a little. At least once in a while you love the pressure of quick acceleration teasing you @ss.

If not, then you bought the wrong car.

But we get it. We understand. You are a sensible,responsible driver who obeys the rules. Which is a polite way of admitting, YOU DON' WANT A TICKET!

That's OK.

I hear the response all the time, "I don't race." "I didn't buy the car to race." "I don't really want to get into that mods and rubber burning scene. "

We understand.

Then there is the ego thing. "Everybody is at the track with hopped up cars and mods and lots of experience. I'm not any good at this. I would be outta my league"

OK, We understand.

But,
Here is a chance, amoung friends, to let it go. To see what your car will do. To see what you can do with it. To maybe fall down but no one will laugh cause it is all just for fun. Get up, dust off and get in line to go again.

You can't tell us you haven't had the urge to find out.
You can't tell us you haven't sorta "practiced" a quick acceleration from a stop, just to "see."
You can't tell us it wouldn't be fun.

So, stop lying to yourself and your friends. Come, let 'er rip at the drags this June. Or run the road course. Just like a short stretch of the Dragon only without trees, bass boats and Tennessee patrol cars.

Take as many runs thru the drag as we can fit into 2 1/2 hours. Practice your shifts, blow one once in a while. It's just practice and know one will care.

'Cause we are there for the fun!

Do the road course. Then do it again.
Then do it again. Practice the corners, shifting, the accelerations out of the turns onto the straight main track and let her go. Feel the G's without fear of hitting a light pole,a deer, or a child. Or the stern stare of a p!ssed off cop.

Be a teenager again. Run the car as hard as you like. These pit bulls are built for it. Be the Sterling Moss, James Bond, or Kyle Bush of your fantasies. If only for a moment.

When is the last time somebody offered you that?

Consider this, maybe this is the last time somebody will!

Come race with us on Tuesday and Wednesday. Come cut loose in the safety of a well designed race track. enveloped by a well designed car. Amoung like minded friends. No pressure, just fun.

Worse case, you spin out in the grass and can laugh about it.

You'll live! Really!

It's only $50 bucks guys. More fun than Six Flags and no Kids to watch.

roaster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 05-29-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-29-2010 | 11:40 AM
Default re: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy ........ this 70 yr old can't wait ...... come on you young'uns bring it on! The gaunlet has been thrown ......

Old 05-29-2010 | 05:41 PM
Administrator / Senior Member

Like Franc said COME ON OUT TO THE TRACK FOR SOME REAL FAST FUN !!!!!
BEST $50 YA CAN SPEND AND REALLY RUN YOUR CROSSFIRE.

Old 05-29-2010 | 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by James1549
The list in post #1 needs to be updated to help control confusion. IMO. James
The list in post #1 (anchor post) has been completely edited to the most current info

Old 05-29-2010 | 09:45 PM

Thank you Gary.

Old 05-29-2010 | 11:10 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU
Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy ........ this 70 yr old can't wait ...... come on you young'uns bring it on! The gaunlet has been thrown ......
This 63 year old will be comming after you

Old 05-29-2010 | 11:10 PM
Forum Regular

Just an fyi guys...

Online CAA orders that contain shipping charges - They will not be charged upon final processing. We have a system limitation that will not allow us to remove the shipping charge on the cc system. We process all CC data manually on the back end and the system encrypts all info.

So it will actually only be $400 for the tune.

Thanks

Old 05-29-2010 | 11:18 PM

Folks, we only have a couple of days left to complete the activities lists and solidify the numbers with the various locations. I meet first with Harrah's on Tuesday to discuss parking and the breakfast numbers.

Old 05-30-2010 | 01:12 AM
Forum Regular

I'll have my list to you shortly sorry it's taken so long.

Old 05-30-2010 | 12:20 PM

Guys,

Just a general announcement about the Eurocharged tuning.

I am HOSTING it at my company Hdqtrs but they are doing the work.

Please contact Eurocharged for your tuning resevations and any questions you may have about prices and what services they will perform.

As always I will be happy to answer any quesions or assist in any way. But, please make your arrangements directly thru Eurocharged.
If I do it for you I will instruct Jake to de tune to just under MY CAR'S performance.

630-496-8660
www.eurocharged.com

roadster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 05-30-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-30-2010 | 01:00 PM

OK so what times are these guys expected to be present at your shop ??

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Eurocharged will be a guest at my packaging facility.
We will be exploiting the working class for one or two days and taunt them with our toys.

Location is about 20 miles WEST of Harahs on I-70 at the intersection of it and I-64.

This is in Wentzville MO 63385
Street address is 205 Avalon Industrial Drive
Company name is Excalibur Packaging Inc.

Do a Map Quest.

We will likely set the dyno up outside in the parking lot. But if the weather is bad, we will set up in the warehouse. The ramp is steep so if you are lowered there might be an issue. But we can figure something out.

Brats and drinks and stuff
Inside bathrooms with running water
Full machine shop, reasonbly equipted
Internet connections and phones.
We are painting and laying carpet in Crumpys new ivory tower.
A courtesy office may be available, in her inner sanctum, for any workaholics.

roadster with a stick

Old 05-30-2010 | 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
OK so what times are these guys expected to be present at your shop ??
So Far I haven't received real times from Jake.

It is entirely up to Eurocharged.

We will have him Hosted from 7:00 in the Morning until they leave that night.
I have told Jake that Tuesday is availbale also if he has tunes scheduled.

Since we have opened his tuning up for other Eurocharged customers this may make Tuesday possible.

Jake????

franc

Old 05-30-2010 | 03:00 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
So Far I haven't received real times from Jake.

It is entirely up to Eurocharged.

We will have him Hosted from 7:00 in the Morning until they leave that night.
I have told Jake that Tuesday is availbale also if he has tunes scheduled.

Since we have opened his tuning up for other Eurocharged customers this may make Tuesday possible.

Jake????

franc
We are planning to roll in sunday night and have everything ready to go by 9:00am on monday. We will also be there on tuesday if needed with the dyno or if requested can follow the crew to do flashes (non dyno) at the track to prove we always beat the competition at the track.

Jake

Old 05-30-2010 | 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by EUROCHARGED
We are planning to roll in sunday night and have everything ready to go by 9:00am on monday. We will also be there on tuesday if needed with the dyno or if requested can follow the crew to do flashes (non dyno) at the track to prove we always beat the competition at the track.

Jake
So, There ya go guys.

Eurocharged is coming thru for us.

Thanks Jake.

Now, anybody that isn't comming to the CAA jus' to chase a bunch of winos down Highway 94 has something worthwhile to do.

BE THERE June 21 thru June 24

roadster with a stick

Old 05-30-2010 | 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by EUROCHARGED
Just an fyi guys...

Online CAA orders that contain shipping charges - They will not be charged upon final processing. We have a system limitation that will not allow us to remove the shipping charge on the cc system. We process all CC data manually on the back end and the system encrypts all info.

So it will actually only be $400 for the tune.

Thanks
great to know...I in....for a custom dyno tune....then.....I'll pay just before the event...

Old 05-30-2010 | 08:45 PM
Forum Regular

I'm in for the tune and have contacted EUROCHARGED off line.
Tuesday would be my preference since I probably won't get into town 'till late Monday.

Old 05-30-2010 | 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Wedge
I'm in for the tune and have contacted EUROCHARGED off line.
Tuesday would be my preference since I probably won't get into town 'till late Monday.
I'm not in for a tune, but my first thought was that most guys will be traveling on Monday, maybe arriving late in the day. If you are still around on Tuesday, I would like a Dyno run. James

Old 05-30-2010 | 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Deborah Walker
FYI.... just talked to Harrah's this evening there are no longer any rooms..... does anyone know where those without a room at Harrah's is staying??????

Deb
We're staying at Hilton Homewood Suites Riverport. It's 2 miles from Harrah's. Just down the road, same exit. (see attached map)

Homewood Suites by Hilton - St. Louis Riverport/Airport West

Last edited by dedwards0323; 05-30-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-31-2010 | 09:28 AM

Franc, I will just throw this out there...I am reserved for Tues-Thurs...I can come in Monday afternoon for a tune...any hotels close to your factory or between there and Harrah's...it will be my son and I as I have it right now...

Old 05-31-2010 | 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
The list in post #1 (anchor post) has been completely edited to the most current info

The list has been updated and restructured based on the official hotel listing I received from Harrah's as well as those who we received and processed activities for.

Any requested changes need to be PM'd to Erzer

Quick Reply: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010