Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions
View Poll Results: Would you like to participate in Crossfires Across America?
Yes, count me in.
88.44%
Yes, count me in AND I want to help with the organization.
11.56%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010 | 09:53 AM
Default re: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Franc Rauscher "...once in a lifetime experience."

EXACTLY WHY I WILL BE THERE!

Old 05-26-2010 | 11:12 AM
Default re: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I can honestly say that the Gateway XF group has done an awesome job, and I can not even imagine how much time, effort, money, calling in favors, etc it took to get this thing done. The last thing in the world I want to do is make light of their efforts, and I apologize if this is not the correct place for this, but IF someone is going to do this in the future, I think we should reconsider the entire middle of week thing.

Centering an event around a weekend allows a lot more people to go, even if they can only get away for a few days. I completely understand that you were trying to give people driving significant distances plenty of time to arrive, but these people are taking time off work and driving anyway, so why not make it center around a weekend, and people have the option of coming early or staying late (like many of us do at the Dragon). Between work, school, family, other vacations, weddings, etc. many people have a lot of important things going on, and an entire week for a 'car centered' event just does not fit in for many.

I am only expressing an opinion, and if I am stepping on any toes, I apologize, again. I wanted to go to this event as much as anyone, but employment and the new house come first.

(I am looking very forward to seeing old friends at GTG's later this summer )
Thanks for you words here. Much appreciated.

I do not wish you or anyone to take this the wrong way, contributions of ideas and advice is always appreciated. But as each of us has their own perspective and needs, we had to find the "sweet spot" in meeting everyones needs and expectations. Both in the venues we created and the schedule.

Without gong to deep into it, the middle of the week thing vrs the week end has many contributing factors. Not the least of which is that St Louis in June is very crowded. Especially at the wineries and tourist places. By putting the events in the middle of the week, we felt more attention would be given to our guests at the various venues.

Our group would be small potatoes amid the throng on the week ends. But the biggest event of the day at the winery on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.

Filling hotel rooms, banquet centers, wineries and race tracks is a bonus to the vendors on weekdays as they are swamped on summer weekends with plenty of customers.

The Arch is madness on the week ends.
The bars are full on the week ends
The wineries are full on the week ends
The roads are crowded on the week ends
The cops are looking for drunks on the week ends
The race track is fully scheduled on the week ends.

Anybody who ever drove the Dragon during the week would be amazed at how empty it is, and how friendly the shops and cafes are.

And then there was the concern that most people driving from far away would need the time "inside the one week" to do so.

Hey, anybody want to do this in the future, do it however you want. Trust me, no one in the GCG will complain a bit.

Meanwhile how about we enjoy this one. The Gateway Crossfire Group will be more than happy to participate in a post mortem discussion after the event.

Right now we just want ya'll to have a good time.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 05-27-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-26-2010 | 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by tighed1
Franc Rauscher "...once in a lifetime experience."

EXACTLY WHY I WILL BE THERE!
My feelings exactly!

Old 05-26-2010 | 08:53 PM

Right with you on this one Franc...to get a track rented is just about impossible in the summer months...you have all done an excellent job...and I am working on something for Indy...but it will take at least two years to put something together without help...you are all to be applauded...see you all in St Louie.....lol

Old 05-26-2010 | 09:25 PM

By doing it mid-week allows me to drive up from Florida, enjoy 3 great days, and drive back....all while only using 1 weeks vacation. GCG, I wouldn't miss it for the world!!!! Your efforts are much appreciated by me so I think 4 days on the road is little sacrifice.....especially in a crossfire.

Now, I need to figure out how to buy a raffle ticket, or two.

Old 05-26-2010 | 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by danimal
By doing it mid-week allows me to drive up from Florida, enjoy 3 great days, and drive back....all while only using 1 weeks vacation. GCG, I wouldn't miss it for the world!!!! Your efforts are much appreciated by me so I think 4 days on the road is little sacrifice.....especially in a crossfire.

Now, I need to figure out how to buy a raffle ticket, or two.
Just sendme the money. I'll take it from there.

GCG CAA
PO box 403
Wentzvbille MO
Send you legal address and $100.00 for every ticket you want.
Sell some to friends. (Read my challenge in post #776 )

I don't as yet have the names but five Servicemen got raffle tickets today.

roadster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 05-26-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-26-2010 | 11:09 PM

OK,I need some help here.

Eurocharged has promised to be in St louis for the CAA. However, as far as I can tell they have not posted anything about it.

Gregg and I spoke several times. I believe in our last conversation he asked if the MB and Bimmer guys could come and I agreed. we also agreed that they could participate inthe Drags on Tuesday and perhaps on the road course Wednesday.

I am fine with all of this but Eurocharged needs to hear from all of you who wish to have tuning, dyno tuning and such done to your Crossfires on Monday and/or Tuesday of the CAA event.

These guys can match your engine management systems to you add on mods. Improve your flash tunes to maximize the potential ofyour particular engine. They can customize shift points on the auto and improve shifting performance on the manual. Expand your Pev limiters, develope better efficiency and improve HP and torque.

NA or SRT Tony, Jake and Gregg can squeeze the optimum out of our 3.2 liter six pack. The dyno tune is worth every penny. If you drive spiritedly, you will be pleased with the enhancements. My promise.

My company address is:
Excalibur Packaging INC
205 Avalon Industrial Parkway,
Wentzville MO 63385.

We will have brats and drinks under a canopy .
The shop has a mill, lathe, MIG welder and a host of other implements of destruction one would find in a machine shop.

Running water and inside bathrooms.

You are all welcome to use my tools including a set of dealer mechanic Crossfire tools.

You are also welcome to tour our packaging plant.

If you need a modestly priced room near the site (instead of at the Harrahs),we are at the intersection of I 64 and I 70 . There are many reasonbly priced motels and such within minutes, including some that rent by the hour.
Lake St Louis, O'Fallon, Wentzville
MO all have modestly priced rooms at major chains.

So, contact Gregg or Tony or Jake and tell them what you want.
www.eurocharged.com

630-496-8660

PM me if you have any questions.

I have guarrenteed Gregg that he would have six cars to tune on Monday

I am having a flash retune on Crumpy's SRT
Erzer is having injectors and a dyno tune
Shark069 is planning a dynotune on his new roadster
Oledoc2u has asked for a tune
as has Jane Bridges
At least five other people have expressed interest in dyno and flash tunes.

You can let me know. But it appears, unless Eurocharged gets some calls, they aren't pushing to be here.

Let's get these guys at Eurocharged busy.
give 'em a call and set it up.
PLEASE

franc

Edit; Add Itsky to the tune list. Officially SIX now.
Edit; Add Ftroop to the tune list. Officialy seven now. (Sorry John, missed it earlier)

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 05-27-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-27-2010 | 01:00 AM

Hello Franc, re the tunes, I am definitately interestd,so please PM me what you want me to do. I have read the post, and I will be at HARRAH's from the 21st to the 26th. I need to send my schedule and fees to ERZER and I want to reserve tune time for the SRT-6 along with costs etc so as not to interfere with my CAA scheduling
Thanks
John P
or email me

Old 05-27-2010 | 10:37 AM

Franc,
I have sent Eurocharged an email this morning.

Old 05-27-2010 | 11:52 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by itsky
Franc,
Got your email and working on it.

Guys we will have something up today for you regarding pricing. We need to have a certain number of tunes committed to to bring the guys and equipment, im sure you understand

Old 05-27-2010 | 01:22 PM
Forum Regular

I'm interested in a tune. I've tried to call Eurocharged and even left a message, but no return. So, please come up with a way to communicate. I will be towing my car there on Monday and will probably arrive around 1 PM. Do I need an appointment? $. I will admit, I haven't read all the posts on the forum cause I have other things to do. So,I would be appreciative of guidance at this time.

Jane

Old 05-27-2010 | 03:28 PM

Is it too late to still get reservations for the Crossfires Across America event? We just got our crossfire 2 months ago...and found the crossfire forum in April. But after having the car a couple of months...we really love this car!! We are checking our work schedules to make sure we can go to St. Louis and so far everything seems promising! We will know more tomorrow and will then start making our reservations and filling out the forms for the different events. But wanted to make sure it was not too late to still sign up. Or if we decide to go anyway if there is a way to sign up for events when we arrive? We think it would a great experience to meet up with all the Crossfire owner's and get to make new friends as well as learn more about the car. Please let me know when you can.

thanks
Mike & Teresa

ps we are from Austin, texas and I race...so the Gateway racing sounds like alot of fun!!!

Old 05-27-2010 | 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by loungn14
Got your email and working on it.

Guys we will have something up today for you regarding pricing. We need to have a certain number of tunes committed to to bring the guys and equipment, im sure you understand
The number I was given was 6 tunes. I have guaranteed that. Any idea what is the number you need?

We have anticipated your presence here since the begining of this CAA. It would be a shame if somehow we couldn't get it done.

How about the MB and Bimmer guys here in St Louis? Any interest there would be helped with a mention on those forums.

Just sayin'

franc

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 05-27-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-27-2010 | 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by n2racing2
Is it too late to still get reservations for the Crossfires Across America event? We just got our crossfire 2 months ago...and found the crossfire forum in April. But after having the car a couple of months...we really love this car!! We are checking our work schedules to make sure we can go to St. Louis and so far everything seems promising! We will know more tomorrow and will then start making our reservations and filling out the forms for the different events. But wanted to make sure it was not too late to still sign up. Or if we decide to go anyway if there is a way to sign up for events when we arrive? We think it would a great experience to meet up with all the Crossfire owner's and get to make new friends as well as learn more about the car. Please let me know when you can.

thanks
Mike & Teresa

ps we are from Austin, texas and I race...so the Gateway racing sounds like alot of fun!!!
It will never be too late for new friends. Go ahead and register.
You may have missed the special pricing on Hotel rooms at the Harrahs. contact ERZER for any help there.
The events may have limitations on group size but I'm sure we can fit you in somewheres.
Drag racing, Tunes and the Road course events are pay at the gate no reservations required. But, they are recommended.

franc

Old 05-27-2010 | 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by n2racing2

thanks
Mike & Teresa

We would love to have you join us!!!

We have had to release the hotel rooms at Harrah's that were left. If you call Beverly, I don't know if they could do anything to still give you a discounted rate or not. She is available during the day at 314-770-8100 or 800-599-6378. Our discount code was S618C.

We need activity reservations by June 1 since we need to give our numbers to different venues then. If you need help finding that information, let me know.

If you need the names of a few other hotels near Harrah's, let me know also.

Old 05-27-2010 | 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by itsky
Franc,
That makes it SIX officialy. Thanks Itsky

roadster with a stick

Old 05-27-2010 | 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
That makes it SIX officialy. Thanks Itsky

roadster with a stick
What was the price Franc....

Old 05-27-2010 | 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
What was the price Franc....
I, like everyone else,am waiting for Jake an Company to let us in on it.

He promised to post something today.

roadster with a stick

Old 05-27-2010 | 09:36 PM
Default Re: Our Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Originally Posted by danimal
Do you guys have any idea how much it costs to lease a track for a day? Plus, providing all of the required safety/security personnel and equipment, insurance, etc.?

It isn't quite as simple as just reserving a track and letting everyone go out and run to their heart's content. The several opportunities that I have had to participate in something like that were so cost prohibitive that it just wasn't practical. Now, if you can get in on an already sanctioned event, that could cut the cost considerably and may make it feasible.

It would be a blast for sure, and if you can make it happen for little to nothing, then count me in.
This post is from about a year ago during the original "what if" planning of the CAA event.

Well guys, we made it happen. It was cost prohibitive but we made it happen anyway.

Tuesday we get 2 1/2 hours of drag sgtrip.
Wednesday we get some oval track and then the road course. Literaly four hours of track time.

All for the club.

Don't even asked what it cost. Just enjoy.

So get you butts here and join us.

roadster with a stick

Old 05-28-2010 | 01:08 AM
Default Re: Our Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
This post is from about a year ago during the original "what if" planning of the CAA event.

Well guys, we made it happen. It was cost prohibitive but we made it happen anyway.

Tuesday we get 2 1/2 hours of drag sgtrip.
Wednesday we get some oval track and then the road course. Literaly four hours of track time.

All for the club.

Don't even asked what it cost. Just enjoy.

So get you butts here and join us.

roadster with a stick
Franc, if we have 2 1/2 hours, I will be able to race you at least several times. I'm really looking forward to it. My wife is far too chicken to watch.

Quick Reply: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010