Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions
View Poll Results: Would you like to participate in Crossfires Across America?
Yes, count me in.
88.44%
Yes, count me in AND I want to help with the organization.
11.56%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009 | 08:52 PM
Default re: Our Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

I'm very interested. Sounds like fun!

But instead of St Louis/Kansas, the event should be based closer to the center of North America, eh?

Dennis
'04 coupe
Winnipeg Canada

Old 05-29-2009 | 09:54 PM
Default re: Our Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

I've always wanted to see the Midwest. My son just got out of the Army & drove home to CA from NC in his soft-top Jeep. We compared tans when we got together. I had just driven top down to Auburn in Gold Country when it was over 100 degrees out. A little delirious by the end of the day, but it was worth it. Never did a xcountry trip in a car, but this sounds like it would be a LOT of fun.

Old 05-29-2009 | 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by DSGoose
I'm very interested. Sounds like fun!

But instead of St Louis/Kansas, the event should be based closer to the center of North America, eh?

Dennis
'04 coupe
Winnipeg Canada
I agree. Sturgiss SD is fine. Nothing there but mountains, but fine.
Omaha Nebraska is a fairly large city. Union Pacific, Con Agra and cows.
Minnieapolis???????????????
Do we have clubs or even members there?

I'm up for a drive. You all know I hate the photo and social stuff unless I get to drive. So put it in Orange CO Ca., Dallas or Nova Scotia I'm fine with that. Let's meet, sacrifice a lamb or something and get out on the road.

But if you all want it here in St. Louis. OK. We'll put something together.

franc

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 05-29-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-30-2009 | 08:18 AM

Count my wife and I in, as for my vote for location- Kansas City sounds good. Good BBQ, Good Music, And Great Cars-A match made in Car Heaven. I also put a vote in for Aug. or Sept.

Old 05-30-2009 | 09:16 AM

I also would be in but not for April maybe May considering in April we still got some snow on the ground. If I was given enough notice and considering we are talking next year there should be plenty.

Old 05-30-2009 | 09:28 AM

Nothing wrong with Rapid City, SD; lotsa stuff to do around the Black Hills (not to mention some nice hairpin turns & narrow tunnels). A bunch of Xfires in the Mt. Rushmore parking lot would be very cool!
Then again, ain't nothing wrong with K.C., either!

Old 05-30-2009 | 10:01 AM
Forum Regular

I think the location and dates should be dictated by what kind of events to do like take the cars onto a race track, etc.

Old 05-30-2009 | 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by oceansideaddict
So it starts in Los Angeles? Are there going to be multiple stops and shows? Im in, so long as we change the end city to something more exciting then St Louis. How about Chicago or Tampa or TX?
Now wait just one darn minute...we've got enough criminals to avoid that you don't have to worry about excitement.

But in all seriousness, the question comes down to what exactly is everybody looking for, a drive from one city "hot spot" to another or are we looking to get together, do some driving having some good food and conversation? Besides, while I'm not guaranteeing it, we do have the Gateway International Raceway in the area and they seem to offer their track time from time to time Gateway Test and Tune/SCSS/High School Eliminator/Doc's Harley Davidson Quick Street Bike; this might appeal to some of you.

Now before we start picking a definite place I agree we need to make sure that it is as central as possible and can accommodate the group; provided the group knows what it wants. Certainly not everybody is going to be pleased by everything, but outside of the dragon, isn't this really the first time for something potentially this big (at least for us)?

Old 05-30-2009 | 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kurts
Nothing wrong with Rapid City, SD; lotsa stuff to do around the Black Hills (not to mention some nice hairpin turns & narrow tunnels). A bunch of Xfires in the Mt. Rushmore parking lot would be very cool!
Then again, ain't nothing wrong with K.C., either!
I agree. Rapid City SD cool place for driving, pictures and they are equiped for tourists. Limited routes to get there but centraly located in the continent.

It would be great to get our Canadian friends in on this.

roadster with a stick.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 05-30-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-30-2009 | 12:47 PM
FP

But we need to pick a place most central to all. Going too far north or too far south will make it harder for those in the outer regions. Personally I think Missouri as as cental as it's going to be. It's hilly, and has some great driving routes.

Last edited by FP; 05-30-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-30-2009 | 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by FP
But we need to pick a place most central to all. Going to far north or too far south will make it harder for those in the outer regions.
True FP but,

We have our Canadian members interests to consiser. That means moving a bit north of St Louis.
(and out of my driveway)

Old 05-30-2009 | 01:04 PM
FP

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
True FP but,

We have our Canadian members interests to consiser. That means moving a bit north of St Louis.
(and out of my driveway)
True Franc but,

We have folks from California and Florida also, so we need to get closer to your driveway. Your driveway is just the closest for Canada, west cost and Southeast cost.

Old 05-30-2009 | 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by FP
True Franc but,

We have folks from California and Florida also, so we need to get closer to your driveway. Your driveway is just the closest for Canada, west cost and Southeast cost.
I completely understand your point but,

Do we want the center of the country?
Do we want the center of the continent?
Do we want the center of the population?
Do we want the center of the membership?
Do we want the center of who is actually coming?

pick one

Then find a place nearby that has a lot to offer. If we have 100 cars, we need more than pretty mountains. We need a pluria of things to do and see don't you think?

I'm fine with anywhere. And happier with a place that doesn't park a bunch of beer drinking crazy adults in my driveway.

roadster with a stick

roadster with a stick

Old 05-30-2009 | 02:38 PM

Anyplace central is fine with me though, honestly, Rapid City & Custer State Park are way cool places for a road rally/meet. Kinda far for our So. Florida members though; I'll concede that point!
That said, I'm still excited about parking on Franc's front lawn.

Old 05-30-2009 | 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Kurts
Anyplace central is fine with me though, honestly, Rapid City & Custer State Park are way cool places for a road rally/meet. Kinda far for our So. Florida members though; I'll concede that point!
That said, I'm still excited about parking on Franc's front lawn.
Any time pal.

But give me warnig so I can park the garage frig on the porch.,,,,,,,,,,,
along with your sleeping bag and an old Montgomery Wards washing machine.

I want you to feel right at home.

roadster with a stick.

Old 05-30-2009 | 03:08 PM
FP

I completely understand your point but,

Do we want the center of the country?
Do we want the center of the continent?
Do we want the center of the population?
Do we want the center of the membership?
Do we want the center of who is actually coming?

pick one

roadster with a stick
I agree, But

Center of who's coming is a hard one as participation might be affected by location.

Center of membership is probably the fairest point as long as there are points of interest.

Old 05-30-2009 | 05:21 PM
Forum Regular

Mean center of United States population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

we could meet somewhere near here or if someone knows of interactive map we can all plot our locations on and then pick somewhere near the center of that pile of people.

Old 05-30-2009 | 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by manisusmc
Mean center of United States population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

we could meet somewhere near here or if someone knows of interactive map we can all plot our locations on and then pick somewhere near the center of that pile of people.
I don't like this approach.
Cuba MO. Tooooooooo close to St Louis.

I'm trying to keep Kurts off my front lawn.

roadster with a stick

Old 05-30-2009 | 08:03 PM
FP

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
FP,

Your tagline makes you sound like the most interesting man in the world....LOL

Old 05-30-2009 | 08:15 PM
Forum Regular

Any time pal.

But give me warnig so I can park the garage frig on the porch.,,,,,,,,,,,
along with your sleeping bag and an old Montgomery Wards washing machine.

I want you to feel right at home.

roadster with a stick.
If the fridge is gonna be on the front porch i vote for your house too lol
Us machesney park boys (home of the world famous Rockford Speedway and trailer race) would feel right at home like that

Quick Reply: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010