Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions
View Poll Results: Would you like to participate in Crossfires Across America?
Yes, count me in.
88.44%
Yes, count me in AND I want to help with the organization.
11.56%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010 | 08:18 AM
Default re: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Originally Posted by KimPossible
I have sad news that is also great news. The sad news is that I won't be able to go to CAA. The great news is my reason - I should be closing on my first house at that time. If for some reason the house falls thru then I will of course be attending but it looks pretty good. I actually bought a new garage for my XF & a house for me came attached!!!

I tried to push the closing around for the house but it is bank owned and has a very tight time schedule. Every day I pushed it back was a $150 fee. No bueno!!!

I am really going to miss hanging out with my old friends & meeting new ones. I have been looking forward to CAA for a year and a new house it the ONLY thing that could keep me away. When I looked at the calender and realized what the time was I came up with some new and inventive curse words if I do say so myself, but it still won't get me there. I am going to miss you guys!!!

Hey congrats on the house Kim, glad it came through for ya!

Old 05-23-2010 | 07:56 AM
Default re: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Thanks for all the nice thoughts on the house guys! Franc, don't worry - it is a nice house! I am buying a 4/3 with a pool in Winter Park. I can't really go wrong. I waited until the inspection came back to cancel the trip (didn't want to miss the fun for nothing) & now it just has to appraise. We all think (me, realtor, inspector, mortgage guy) that the house will appraise for 150-200% my purchase price. Its a good deal & I really like it. The plan is to live in it for a while, do some updating to the kitchens & bathrooms and then sell. Hopefully I will make enough money to buy an even better house for the same mortgage payment and have enough left over for an Aero Blue SRT6!! Plus my little yellow XF really needed a garage .... its not fair to leave her out in the elements with only a car cover to protect her!!

It does really stink to miss all the fun at CAA ... I have been looking forward to it forever and I was one of the few people who requested the time off work LAST YEAR!!! I was really looking forward to the arch, the racing, the river tour, the baseball game, Daniel Boone's house and of course seeing all of you guys. I've been saying all along that anyone who isn't going to be there is going to miss out big time - I hate that I have to be one of those people!

Old 05-23-2010 | 10:29 AM

If you can spare that $100 for a raffle ticket, you may not have to wait for affording a blue SRT.

Good luck either way.

Old 05-23-2010 | 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Erzer
If you can spare that $100 for a raffle ticket, you may not have to wait for affording a blue SRT.

Good luck either way.
Hear Hear.Kim, I would feel better if you sent me money.

Shall I reserve you a raffle ticket?

roadster with a stick

BTW shold you win, Shark067 and I would be happy to deliver the car. Via Arkansas of course.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 05-23-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-23-2010 | 09:34 PM

I haven't done the sign up sheet yet, and I apologize...I will try to do that...will have to do it at work, I'm on the lab top old desktop is down...I plan on the racing both days, and just helping out where ever you need me...I will arrive Tuesday AM as it looks today, unless something come's up, that will let me arrive Monday afternoon...and will stay somewhere nearby....I see a lot of people I was hoping would be there aren't signed up yet...hopefully you will...this is the biggest meet so far....work, has kept me pretty busy...so, I hope to break free a few days before the weekend before I leave for St Louis......haven't done much to the cars....just my update...I will get the sign sheet to you hopefully in a few days...

Old 05-24-2010 | 12:33 AM

I don't mean to step on toes, but here is an idea for your rear or quarter window during this event. 5 x 3.

edit - I forgot, the roadsters don't have a quarter window either. OK, lower windshield corner?

Attached Thumbnails Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010-caa1.jpg  

Last edited by James1549; 05-24-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-24-2010 | 05:53 AM

Nice James, but here is what has been already been made up.

The oval is about 3" x 2.75"
The circles are 2"

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
CAA Sticker002.pdf (344.2 KB, 112 views)
Old 05-24-2010 | 07:55 AM

Just curious, are these going to be "adhesive" or are they going to be "clings" style decals?

Old 05-24-2010 | 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by smfrycruzr
Just curious, are these going to be "adhesive" or are they going to be "clings" style decals?

Right now we have stickers and depending on if we have enough people signed up, we will be doing clings.

We'll let you know.

Old 05-25-2010 | 12:41 PM

Erzer, I am interested in the stickers or clings either one, are we to order now or?

Old 05-25-2010 | 05:41 PM

It seems funny now but at first we actually talked about limiting the number of raffle tickets any one person could buy.

As of today, we have sold a tad more than 10% of the SRT raffle tickets.
I am amazed.
And yet,

I guess if you already have a Crossfire, why would you want another one?

Even if it is the fastest color
Even if it is the rare SRT version
Even if it has been road tested and approved for far out crazy driving
Even if it is just like Cruxpyre Femela's
Even though it is the best $100,00 mod you can do to your NA
Even though your current NA/SRT is lonely in the garage

Fine, I can see that. But don't you have a friend you wish would join our group?
I hate to sound like an evangilist preacher but share the joy.

Talk a friend into popping for $100.00. Imagine the Bragging rights!

10 years from now, at Barret Jackson's Auction,

"We have here a rare 2005 Chysler Crossfire SRT version purchased by the current collector owner for the small sum of $100.00. Amazing. Look at the stunning lines of this very special car, signed by the designer no less. Now, what am I bid?"

We have to get to a minimum of 200 tickets sold. I will underwrite at least 20 of them.

Let's see some action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roadster with a stick
Post here or PM me with questions and requests.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 05-25-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-25-2010 | 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Larry Hitze
Erzer, I am interested in the stickers or clings either one, are we to order now or?

I've already got quite a few of the sticker ones I posted the picture of, you don't have to order them, I'll have plenty during the meet. The clings may be a different story, we're still researching.

Old 05-25-2010 | 06:43 PM

Franc, I would hang a poster in the local children's hospital...get it on the radio....etc, etc...those who were going to buy would have bought by now....this is for charity everyone...for the kids in that area....I give more than that to our children's hospital (Riley) every year and don't get a chance at a great car....so buy now....I will let you drive it after I win it....I promise....lol

Old 05-25-2010 | 07:48 PM

All...attending or still planning to do so.

You need to get your hotel rooms taken care of by tomorrow afternoon; sorry but I cannot afford to extend the room offer.

Events need to be signed up for and paid by next Tuesday (1 Jun)

Old 05-25-2010 | 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Franc, I would hang a poster in the local children's hospital...get it on the radio....etc, etc...those who were going to buy would have bought by now....this is for charity everyone...for the kids in that area....I give more than that to our children's hospital (Riley) every year and don't get a chance at a great car....so buy now....I will let you drive it after I win it....I promise....lol
We are doing many of those things. But, along with all the details of the event, selling tickets door to door saps our time.

I assume that many don't want tickets because they already have a Crossfire. But we had hoped they would consider passing the idea to friends. Our rules don't allow us to stray to far from the forum members in selling these tickets.

Basicaly,forum members can sell them to anybody but a wholesale campaign to the general public is not allowed.

This is fine and fits with the idea that the event. Along with providing a charity donation to the Miracle Network, Childrens Hospital in St Louis, it gives everyone a chance to spark interest in the CAA and Crossies with their local friends.

So let's have at it. A challenge

Crumpy and I will match, will match, ticket for ticket, for every one sold to a non forum member by a forum member, up to 20 tickets. We, Cathy and I, will assign those that we purchase to people of our choosing including some members of the military currently serving our country.

I am making these rules up a I go along. Its' my money so I will reserve the right to alter conditions and razz anybody whom I deem worthy of it.

I had spoken with him earlier and I am sending Valkryderguy a pile of tickets and flyers to disperse in the Chicago area.

Doc, how about Indy. Anybody there want in on this?

Anybody else? Send me a PM or challenge me here!

roadser with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 05-26-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-25-2010 | 09:05 PM

Well I regret to say this but you can take my name off the list since I can't get the time off from work. I just started working for this company last October and I'm not eligible for vacation time yet. I was really looking forward to this GTG, maybe next year.

Old 05-25-2010 | 09:23 PM
Administrator / Senior Member

Originally Posted by Iamfink2
Well I regret to say this but you can take my name off the list since I can't get the time off from work. I just started working for this company last October and I'm not eligible for vacation time yet. I was really looking forward to this GTG, maybe next year.
Very sad news indeed ....next year ?

Old 05-25-2010 | 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Iamfink2
Sorry to hear this friend. Current economic conditions mean that we must pay attention to our employment and our employers right now. So, your situation is well undestood by all.

With regrets, we will remove your name.

Now, I must address a point. This is the Crossfires Across America 2010. An idea that seemed to have a lot more steam last summer when, perhaps, everyone optimisticaly thought life would be better by now. That optimism is fading and so, it would seem, is the excitement of this event.

Understood.

But, this is not Woodward, it is not The Dragon or Carlilse were everyone rents a room at a common place and has fun doing whatever they want with Crossfire friends.

This is not a gathering as much as it is,....an event. It will be unique and not likely to be repeated.

We keep hearing from people that hope that they can make it next year. Hopeful thinking.

I believe I speak for everyone in the Gateway Crossfire Group when I say;

We are damm glad to host this event.
We are damm glad to create the venues and the activities for this once in a lifetime event.
And,
We Are Commited to make everyone who attends, damm glad they came.

And when you all return home and speak to your Crossie friends, who didn't come, you can say, "Damm, you missed a really good once in a lifetime experience."

'Cause that is what it will likely be. Don't count on "next year" here in St Louis. We plan on doing it right but we also plan on doing it "once."

franc

Old 05-25-2010 | 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher

But, this is not Woodward, it is not The Dragon or Carlilse were everyone rents a room at a common place and has fun doing whatever they want with Crossfire friends.

This is not a gathering as much as it is,....an event. It will be unique and not likely to be repeated.

We keep hearing from people that hope that they can make it next year. Hopeful thinking.

I believe I speak for everyone in the Gateway Crossfire Group when I say;

We are damm glad to host this event.
We are damm glad to create the venues and the activities for this once in a lifetime event.
And,
We Are Commited to make everyone who attends, damm glad they came.

And when you all return home and speak to your Crossie friends, who didn't come, you can say, "Damm, you missed a really good once in a lifetime experience."

'Cause that is what it will likely be. Don't count on "next year" here in St Louis. We plan on doing it right but we also plan on doing it "once."

franc
Good words Franc, good words. I will say this much, there is always room for improvement and I'm sure others can excel wherever we may not have. However, I agree, there will not be another CAA in STL...at least with my involvement as a key component. Perhaps someone can pick up the helm in their neck of the woods and can improve upon the idea...but this will be the only 1st CAA.

Old 05-26-2010 | 09:16 AM

I can honestly say that the Gateway XF group has done an awesome job, and I can not even imagine how much time, effort, money, calling in favors, etc it took to get this thing done. The last thing in the world I want to do is make light of their efforts, and I apologize if this is not the correct place for this, but IF someone is going to do this in the future, I think we should reconsider the entire middle of week thing.

Centering an event around a weekend allows a lot more people to go, even if they can only get away for a few days. I completely understand that you were trying to give people driving significant distances plenty of time to arrive, but these people are taking time off work and driving anyway, so why not make it center around a weekend, and people have the option of coming early or staying late (like many of us do at the Dragon). Between work, school, family, other vacations, weddings, etc. many people have a lot of important things going on, and an entire week for a 'car centered' event just does not fit in for many.

I am only expressing an opinion, and if I am stepping on any toes, I apologize, again. I wanted to go to this event as much as anyone, but employment and the new house come first.

(I am looking very forward to seeing old friends at GTG's later this summer )

Quick Reply: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010