Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions
View Poll Results: Would you like to participate in Crossfires Across America?
Yes, count me in.
88.44%
Yes, count me in AND I want to help with the organization.
11.56%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010 | 12:06 PM
Default re: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

[quote=Erzer]Ladies and Gentlemen,

I know that everybody has been busy with lives (kids, drives, work, etc.) but I have been approached by the hotel asking if I would release rooms for Sunday 20 June; this is two days prior to the actual start of events. As we have only had 4 rooms reserved out of the 90 set aside for that night, I am going to comply with the request no later than next Monday (26 April) to maintain a good relationship with the hotel. So please plan accordingly.

This will leave us with the following breakdown. (keep in mind some of these rooms used are actually lost rooms due to cancellations)

Check in...................Rooms Blocked ....................Rooms Used ....................Left
6/18/2010 .......................10 .......................................0 ...............................10
6/19/2010 ...................... 10 .......................................2 ...............................8
6/20/2010 .......................90 ...................................... 4 ...............................86 (50 after I release)
6/21/2010 .......................90 ...................................... 29 .............................61
6/22/2010 .......................90 ...................................... 37 .............................53
6/23/2010 .......................90 ...................................... 37 .............................53
6/24/2010 .......................90 .......................................31 .............................59
6/25/2010 .......................30 .......................................5 ...............................25
6/26/2010 .......................10 .......................................2 ...............................8
6/27/2010 .......................10 .......................................1 ...............................9

I suspect this is just the first night in their sights and they will be asking for more before long because of the small number of reservations thus far.

My final release date is May 14 which is less than a month away. Also, due to other activities near the hotel, rooms have increased to $190 for Wednesday (23 Jun) and $100 for other nights if not reserved through our group (S618C). If we need more prior to May 14, I might be able to add them, but only on a space available basis.

So I encourage those seriously planning on attending to please make their reservations as soon as possible. I also suggest those who have made reservations, encourage their friends on the list to begin making reservations and signing up for activities.

It would also be very beneficial to have activity reservation forms coming in so we know if we need to add or cancel activities. If everyone waits until the deadline of June 1, it could be hard to add more names and people may miss out on activities.

Lastly, if you want your name removed from the list of those attending because you have found you can no longer attend, please send a PM to me (Erzer) as this will help us to make any necessary changes.

(if you receive a box is full message, send them to VALKRYDERGUY).

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
I just spoke with Gregg from Eurocharged. We have set the details.

Tunes will be on Monday June 21 at my shop in Wentzville MO. We will also have tunes available on Tuesday, June 22 in the morning if enough people sign up.

Roadster with a stick
I wanted to make sure by tying these two posts together, that if you have current reservations and now want to add a room (Sunday or Monday) to take advantage of the opporTUNity (couldn't resist), make sure when you call the hotel you are adding a night and do not let them tell you they have to cancel the one to make the change. If they won't listen, make sure you call Beverly using the information below.

Beverly during Monday-Friday 8am-4pm at 314-770-8100 or 800-599-6378
(press 0 then ask for her
)

Old 04-24-2010 | 12:17 PM
Default re: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

I can't remember if I have done the activity form, don't think I have...what thread # was that under...and, I am sure everyone will take your advice and reserve their rooms this week...right everyone...this week? LOL

Old 04-24-2010 | 02:48 PM
Administrator / Senior Member

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I can't remember if I have done the activity form, don't think I have...what thread # was that under...and, I am sure everyone will take your advice and reserve their rooms this week...right everyone...this week? LOL
It's all right here.......
Crossfires Across America Schedule

Old 04-27-2010 | 05:10 AM

I'm going to be giving this a weekly bump (at least) up until the 14th of May, which is when I have to start releasing rooms, as we already have to compete with the ever popular Fall Dragon for forum visibility.

While the scheduled start of events is 56 days away, we only have 17 days to go prior to me having to turn in rooms. If you are staying elsewhere, please let me know.

Old 04-28-2010 | 06:35 PM

We have OUR FIRST OFFICIALLY SIGNED UP RACER - Itsky!

For Immediate Press Release:
Source: FNN

CAA- First Racer Throws Down Gauntlet.
St. Louis MO
28 April 2010

The entire CAA planning committee, at least two of them, are all abuzz about the recent and only CAA attendee, who has signed up to be a racing participant - Itsky. Who has been reported to have been speaking out, at least in theory, how his Automatic Needswings Single CAI with ANSA exhaust and Windrestrictor with Custom interior lighting (red type just like his car) is going to be tearing up the competition, were he to have any.

While completely speculative and totally fabricated at this time, this nefarious reporter (name withheld due to potential PM threats) believes the equally nefarious Franc will hobble up to the race line (remember he likes to kick equipment that fights back) and take on this young impetuous pup and show him what a roadster with a stick can do to an auto stick!

Then only reply from this pocket pool (well leave it at that) Itsky, at least in this...um...reporters mind, is a silly grin and slight chuckle; however as he walked away he was overheard saying '...just look at my mods...'

That's all from this whacked out unknown reporter for now or for ever, but stay tuned to further reports from the FNN (Fabricated News Network)

Last edited by Erzer; 04-28-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-01-2010 | 09:59 AM

Today is May 1st, 2010 - did you know there are

51 days out from the start of the event as I type this.
30 days left to sign up/register for activities you may want participate in.
12 days left to secure a room at Harrah’s Hotel
(view the breakdown of available rooms as of 4/24 on post 721).

If you prefer not to stay at Harrah’s, there are other hotels available in the area, but you will need to check with them for availability - if you need help, PM me and I can offer up my opinion of the area you are looking at.

As some have been a bit confused in finding the events, the Gateway Crossfire Group has added a link to our website (thanks to Cruxpry Femella) that you can go to by clicking the below link. This could help you browse easier than scrolling up and down the forum posts. Just click on the lower right Cross Fires Across America picture when you get to the below link. - that logo is the official CAA logo to which I have stickers made up for the event.

Gateway Crossfire Group

While you’ll find the same information, here are some highlights for you to consider

-
Exclusive drag racing for Crossfire Across America participants

- River City Rascals baseball game w/parade of Crossfire’s (if enough)

- Raffle of an SRT6 to which the proceeds benefit the St. Louis Children’s Hospital (more details to come)

- Some nice drives to a couple of winery's

Since SRT SIX posted his thoughts on this event nearly one year ago, we’ve continued to grow the list of those indicating they would attend to a 127 members (not discounting the few who have dropped). SRT SIX has even gone so far as to do a video in the hopes of having the Discovery Channel become interested enough to do a small feature on the car and this event.

Crossfires Across America video by SRTSIXRC - Photobucket
Extended version
Crossfires Across America - short video by SRTSIXRC - Photobucket
Shorter version

The bottom line here folks, is there is still time to decide but not much. As people sign up and we process their activities, I have been posting them on the list on the front page of this thread and I started a CAA - Convoy/Caravan thread for people to post their route information.

Some other important links.

Promotional Video.... in hopes to gain the attention of the Discovery channel

Crossfires Across America

Schedule of events / pdf file download

HOTEL INFO IN ST. LOUIS FOR THIS GTG CAN BE FOUND HERE....

HOTEL INFO - Crossfires across America - St. Louis -June 2010

How many days until this GTG
COUNTDOWN CLOCK

Last edited by Erzer; 05-01-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-01-2010 | 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Erzer
We have OUR FIRST OFFICIALLY SIGNED UP RACER - Itsky!
CAA- First Racer Throws Down Gauntlet.
St. Louis MO
28 April 2010

The entire CAA planning committee, at least two of them, are all abuzz about the recent and only CAA attendee, who has signed up to be a racing participant - Itsky. Who has been reported to have been speaking out, at least in theory, how his Automatic Needswings Single CAI with ANSA exhaust and Windrestrictor with Custom interior lighting (red type just like his car) is going to be tearing up the competition, were he to have any.

While completely speculative and totally fabricated at this time, this nefarious reporter (name withheld due to potential PM threats) believes the equally nefarious Franc will hobble up to the race line (remember he likes to kick equipment that fights back) and take on this young impetuous pup and show him what a roadster with a stick can do to an auto stick!

Then only reply from this pocket pool (well leave it at that) Itsky, at least in this...um...reporters mind, is a silly grin and slight chuckle; however as he walked away he was overheard saying '...just look at my mods...'

That's all from this whacked out unknown reporter for now or for ever, but stay tuned to further reports from the FNN (Fabricated News Network)

For Immediate Press Release:
Source: FNN
I completely missed this challenge.

Itsky, we are so on. I remember running with you last summer in Dallas. Good, real good. But if you want to beat me, you need to add some performance stickers

rodisaster with a stick

Old 05-01-2010 | 02:30 PM

I completely missed this challenge.

Itsky, we are so on. I remember running with you last summer in Dallas. Good, real good. But if you want to beat me, you need to add some performance stickers

rodisaster with a stick
Franc,
You will have to keep Jane's racing numbers off of your car to keep it fair! I am hoping to do the tune on Monday afternoon so I will have some hope!

Old 05-01-2010 | 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by itsky
Franc,
You will have to keep Jane's racing numbers off of your car to keep it fair! I am hoping to do the tune on Monday afternoon so I will have some hope!

That's the spirit. I'm getting a tune on Monday as well...well I hope to

Old 05-01-2010 | 06:25 PM

That's the spirit. I'm getting a tune on Monday as well...well I hope to
I had planned to have my own racing numbers by then. The sign maker said my ranking had too many digits so I'll just have "Official Pace Car of the Crossfires Across America 2010" in the margins.

I saw some b!tchin' glue on hood hold downs at Walmart the other day.
We are talking serious stick on mods here.
You'd best look out!

roadisaster with a steek!

Old 05-01-2010 | 08:56 PM

I'm sorry to report that Rick and I are having to cancel out trip to St. Louis due to personal reasons. We were really looking forward to it but will definitely see everyone at the Fall Dragon. I hope everyone has a wonderful time! Be safe!!

Erzer....I did cancel our room at Harrah's.

ps......thanks James!

Old 05-02-2010 | 09:35 AM

Got it Crossfirejb. Sorry you can't make it and hope everything is alright.

Old 05-02-2010 | 10:18 AM

I just spoke with Gregg from Eurocharged. We have set the details.

Tunes will be on Monday June 21 at my shop in Wentzville MO. We will also have tunes available on Tuesday, June 22 in the morning if enough people sign up.

Eurocharged will be posting their scedule, prices and details. You may sign up with them or PM me.

With Drag racing on Tuesday and a Racecourse event on Wednesday I'm sure some of you would like to have the resources of Eurocharged at your conveinence. You will also have access to my company machine shop, if so required.

We have a CNC mill and lathe available along with Mig weldiing and the ususal saws, grinders, and other implements of destruction at you disposal.

I do have a set of Crossfire specific tools as well.

Please be careful in my shop because if you get hurt or killed, we have only a limited number of grave spots available behind the warehouse.

Roadster with a stick

For those that may have missed this earlier post.

Also the SRT Raffle to benefit the Children's Hospital is getting ready to finalize. See this thread Franc started.

SRT Raffle see post 1 and 52 for the main details and photos.

Last edited by Valk; 05-02-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-05-2010 | 09:18 AM
She can ride with me ;)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I have reserved a room, arriving the 21st and departing the 25th.

Mike ( +fireamx ) and I are sharing, so we're both reserved or booked or whatever you want to call it.

Is there something else I need to fill out or register for or what?

Old 05-05-2010 | 03:11 PM
Administrator / Senior Member

Originally Posted by tom2112
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I have reserved a room, arriving the 21st and departing the 25th.

Mike ( +fireamx ) and I are sharing, so we're both reserved or booked or whatever you want to call it.

Is there something else I need to fill out or register for or what?
Yes !!!
Look here Tom

Old 05-06-2010 | 05:40 AM

Giving this a bump mostly as there has been a lot of other posts, but also to remind people of the SRT raffle.

As I posted on the Mod your NA to SRT performance for $100, Yes! thread

Lets get going folks, this raffle is a limited time opportunity to own an SRT.

People do not need to be in attendance to win this car though taking receipt would still need to be worked out. Also, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by the two people who purchased this car nor anyone involved in the tracking or processing of the raffle outside of the satisfaction of presenting a check to a representative of the Children's Hospital.

So consider your odds of 1 in 350 chance or better if you decide to buy more than one entry; even the cash for clunkers wasn't this good.

Old 05-06-2010 | 07:42 AM

Giving this a bump mostly as there has been a lot of other posts, but also to remind people of the SRT raffle.

As I posted on the Mod your NA to SRT performance for $100, Yes! thread

Lets get going folks, this raffle is a limited time opportunity to own an SRT.

People do not need to be in attendance to win this car though taking receipt would still need to be worked out. Also, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by the two people who purchased this car nor anyone involved in the tracking or processing of the raffle outside of the satisfaction of presenting a check to a representative of the Children's Hospital.

So consider your odds of 1 in 350 chance or better if you decide to buy more than one entry; even the cash for clunkers wasn't this good.
Let us know when we can buy additional tickets! I'm good for a couple more.

naught

Old 05-06-2010 | 07:58 AM

Sorry to say, I will not be attending the CAA due to work schedules....

I would like to say to anyone traveling through Indianapolis, please stop by and say hello. You can wash the car, get a beer, and maybe even a place to rest your head

Anyone interested, PM me.

Old 05-06-2010 | 04:52 PM

SRT Raffle ticket list - linked so you can go to that part of forum to decide some names yet to be added

1. oledoc2u - Paidl
2. VALKRYDERGUY - PayPal
3. fastfunfor2 - PayPal
4. fastfunfor2 - PayPal
5. mykb13 - PayPal (corrected name)
6. Cruzinquick - PayPal
7. sive81364 - PayPal
8. Thomas W. (I need your screen name, please send a PM) - PayPal
9. naughteven - PayPal
10. snowtop57 - PayPal
11. MisterTaz - PayPal
12. Beaner - PayPal
13. kurtisberry - PayPal
14. Jerry476 - paid
15. Cruxpry Femella
16. itksky
17. Michael N. (FLA)
18. Joseph W. (CT)
19. Larry Hitze
20. Roger N. (MO)
21. Robert M. (FLA)
22. Eugene K. (MIN)
23. Erzer
24. tighed1
25. Jim H. (MO)
l

I will add names as I receive notification of PayPal payment or a check and will indicate it behind your name.
For those who have mailed a check, please send me a PM with the date you sent it so I know to be looking for a check.

(Note: please make sure you read the directions for how to make your PayPal payment)

Last edited by Valk; 05-29-2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: names
Old 05-08-2010 | 02:12 AM
Forum Regular

Erzer, any word on the Wednesday autocross possibility?

Quick Reply: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010