Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions
View Poll Results: Would you like to participate in Crossfires Across America?
Yes, count me in.
88.44%
Yes, count me in AND I want to help with the organization.
11.56%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010 | 08:59 AM
Default re: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I have Tuesday thru Thursday reserved, but am thinking of heading out on Monday. Like Gary said, if someone passing thru from the east needs a stop over, we are just north of Indy...30 minutes from I-70...I am open as to when to head out or to meet up. We have a lot scattered throughout Indiana, but we are in the middle of the state, so anything goes. There's still plenty of time to organize...but I would think by mid-May we should finalize what we would like to do...or not do...
Keep us Indiana folks posted, because I am waiting to see exactly when to book based on when others will be out there. Also I would like to see when people are leaving Indy or when groups from other areas may go through Indy and meet up with them. It is a blast to caravan with a bunch of XFs

Old 03-01-2010 | 09:11 PM
Default re: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

I have Tuesday thru Thursday reserved, but am thinking of heading out on Monday. Like Gary said, if someone passing thru from the east needs a stop over, we are just north of Indy...30 minutes from I-70...I am open as to when to head out or to meet up. We have a lot scattered throughout Indiana, but we are in the middle of the state, so anything goes. There's still plenty of time to organize...but I would think by mid-May we should finalize what we would like to do...or not do...
Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Keep us Indiana folks posted, because I am waiting to see exactly when to book based on when others will be out there. Also I would like to see when people are leaving Indy or when groups from other areas may go through Indy and meet up with them. It is a blast to caravan with a bunch of XFs
While the final convoy/caravan route plans can wait till the middle/end of May, I don't believe it is in the best interest for everybody to wait to organize their plans (hotel, departures, events) that long. If you don't want to miss out on anything, I highly suggest being in St. Louis by Tuesday morning 8am (breakfast) and staying through the dinner Thursday evening. I know that may not work for some because of work or other commitments, but you won't be sorry if you're here the full three days.

Unlike the other gatherings many have been attending for a number of years, this is the first of this kind and we have something planned for everyday that offers a variety with minimal duplicity. Which by the way almost all of these events are at places which require reservations and down payments for groups as large as we may have.

Besides, with an estimated 122 (current) owners and significant others/friends/family members coming, the sooner we know who is doing what, the more likely we can increase the attendance capacity of events (if possible). If everyone waits until the end of May to make activity reservations, there may not be slots left and it may be too late to add more.

Also remember I must release all unbooked hotel rooms by mid May. So to get the ball rolling, I will be starting a new thread called CAA - Convoy/Caravan. Where people can start providing their information to others.

Old 03-02-2010 | 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Erzer
Also remember I must release all unbooked hotel rooms by mid May. So to get the ball rolling, I will be starting a new thread called CAA - Convoy/Caravan. Where people can start providing their information to others.
Sound advice Erzer. Good idea on the CAA Convoy/Caravan thread. That way we stop cluttering up this thread (me included) with other things.

We're booked from Monday to Friday, don't want to miss anything.

Old 03-06-2010 | 12:29 PM

Thanks to the reminder about stickers from Gary for the Dragon Thread, I wanted you all to know we are in the final stages on getting some stickers made for this event too.

Old 03-07-2010 | 10:03 AM
Forum Regular

I will be stopping in indy on the 20th not sure what time. Then heading out to saint louis on the 21st. I think my brother in law is comming with me.

Old 03-07-2010 | 12:11 PM
Administrator / Senior Member

Please see this other thread also: CAA - Convoy/Caravan
Post your travel plans to better plan your route with others and to create Crossfire convoy's to St. Louis. .

Old 03-08-2010 | 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by cassidyrj1
I will be stopping in indy on the 20th not sure what time. Then heading out to saint louis on the 21st. I think my brother in law is comming with me.
Keep me in mind when you are coming through Indy for sure, if nothing else, we can grab a beer or something....

Old 03-17-2010 | 08:02 PM
Forum Regular

Vaction approved!!!! I'm in.... Now to set up the convoy from DFW area, oh and book hotel!

yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-17-2010 | 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Char
Vaction approved!!!! I'm in.... Now to set up the convoy from DFW area, oh and book hotel!

Welcome Char - you have been added to the list #125. Please let me know when you make your reservation (name reserved under) and the dates.

Hotel Info

Crossfires Across America Schedule

CAA - Convoy/Caravan

Time until Tuesday, June 22, 2010 at 8:00:00 AM (St. Louis time)

Old 03-17-2010 | 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Char

Great news Char.

Be sure and bring your glisten and shimmer.

roadster with a stick

Old 03-18-2010 | 05:08 PM
Administrator / Senior Member

Are you coming to join us ??
Have you booked your room yet ??

Do you want to have fun with other Crosssfire owners ??
It's all about 3 months away so make your plans and come to St.Louis in June.

CAA - Convoy/Caravan

Old 03-18-2010 | 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
Are you coming to join us ??
Have you booked your room yet ??

Do you want to have fun with other Crosssfire owners ??
It's all about 3 months away so make your plans and come to St.Louis in June.

CAA - Convoy/Caravan

I will post on the other thread our travel plans, and finalize them in mid May. If you are coming to join us, I too strongly advise getting your rooms now....and soon we shall see the costs of the other adventures CAA has planned for us....

Old 03-18-2010 | 08:03 PM
Forum Regular

Caught Beverly running out the door today. She had me leave my info on her VM and will call me tomorrow...

Glisten/Shimmer on list ---- Check!

Old 03-18-2010 | 08:55 PM

I will post on the other thread our travel plans, and finalize them in mid May. If you are coming to join us, I too strongly advise getting your rooms now....and soon we shall see the costs of the other adventures CAA has planned for us....
Not much else to go on the activities list outside of finalizing any race track event(s) on Wednesday.

But you are 100% correct about the hotel rooms, if people wait too long and we really start getting current list of 125 reserving rooms late, we'll run out of rooms w/o me being able to add more. Also, we need more activity in the signing up for events.

Old 03-19-2010 | 01:27 PM

Since you are our regional 'leader', I for one, am waiting to see what your travel plans are before I book anything. I do not want to book rooms only to find out that everyone else is leaving or coming a day before or after. The sooner regional organizers can post their plans, I think it helps everyone else greatly, as we all know, caravaning with a group of XFs is pretty fun. Just my 0.02

Old 03-19-2010 | 04:23 PM

Since you are our regional 'leader', I for one, am waiting to see what your travel plans are before I book anything. I do not want to book rooms only to find out that everyone else is leaving or coming a day before or after. The sooner regional organizers can post their plans, I think it helps everyone else greatly, as we all know, caravaning with a group of XFs is pretty fun. Just my 0.02

Sometimes it takes a private to lead the army

Old 03-19-2010 | 05:43 PM
Forum Regular

Okay Erzer, reservations made for Char V. Date June 21 through the 24th

Last edited by Char; 03-20-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-20-2010 | 03:06 AM
Forum Regular

Bad news guys, I was and AM planning on at least being there in MO, although...I may be getting deployed around this timeframe. If I'm gone my crossfire will be there, just I won't be

Old 03-20-2010 | 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by brian_omeara07
Bad news guys, I was and AM planning on at least being there in MO, although...I may be getting deployed around this timeframe. If I'm gone my crossfire will be there, just I won't be
Well, the first part isn't bad (you planning), let's just hope you will be staying and joining your XF. Keep us posted.

Old 03-20-2010 | 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Erzer
Well, the first part isn't bad (you planning), let's just hope you will be staying and joining your XF. Keep us posted.
I will post on the other thread as well....but, my plans are to leave on Monday....arrive Monday evening...as for departure time...that is still open...I will not be staying at the CAA hotel Monday night, but somewhere close by....but this doesn't have to be for anyone tagging along, you can stay where I stay or at the CAA hotel...if you want to hang with me, I will need to know that in advance to make sure they have enough rooms, just like the CAA hotel....

Quick Reply: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010