Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions
View Poll Results: Would you like to participate in Crossfires Across America?
Yes, count me in.
88.44%
Yes, count me in AND I want to help with the organization.
11.56%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010 | 11:24 PM
Default re: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

PM sent, count me in!

Old 01-27-2010 | 11:33 PM
Default re: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
PM sent, count me in!

Let me say, this really makes me happy and I'm sure a number of others as many of have been wanting to see your car.

Old 01-27-2010 | 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
PM sent, count me in!
Outstanding!

roadster with a stick

Old 01-28-2010 | 08:07 AM
Forum Regular

Hi,

i've postet this meeting to the german Crossfire forum. The idea born to ship some Crossfires to the US and attend the meeting .

But in matters of cost it seems to be much more affordable to take a flight and rent a Crossfire in the U.S.

So my question is: Is it possible to rent a Crossfire in the U.S. in the St. Louis area? Do you have an adress of a rental company?

Thanks & regards from germany

Markus

Last edited by bigblock427; 01-28-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-28-2010 | 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by bigblock427
Hi,

i've postet this meeting to the german Crossfire forum. The idea born to ship some Crossfires to the US and attend the meeting .

But in matters of cost it seems to be much more affordable to take a flight and rent a Crossfire in the U.S.

So my question is: Is it possible to rent a Crossfire in the U.S. in the St. Louis area? Do you have an adress of a rental company?

Markus
National Rental used to rent Crossfires as "Premium Roadster", but they do not list them in their current inventory. I've asked the question of them and will let you know when I get their answer.

naughteven

Old 01-28-2010 | 09:29 AM

Hi,

Markus

And I thought I had a loooong way to go!

Old 01-28-2010 | 11:22 AM

Hi,

Markus
Markus,

While I think it is a great idea to try to rent one, I would caution you with this endeavor. Having previously worked in the rental field, even if they tell you they can get you a 'premium roadster' they are not obligated to have a SPECIFIC make and model of car. I would hate for you to get all the way here to have some punk at the rental counter tell you the only thing available is a sebring roadster

Good luck, I hope to meet you when you arrive. Also, with so many members with multiple XFs, you may be able to work something out with one of them, just a thought

Old 01-28-2010 | 11:44 AM

Markus,
Jonh/Boiler makes a good point, there will be an excess of empty passenger seats
.....oh yea I'd say that wouldn't I- considering our car is full!

Old 01-28-2010 | 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by naughteven
National Rental used to rent Crossfires as "Premium Roadster", but they do not list them in their current inventory. I've asked the question of them and will let you know when I get their answer.

naughteven
Wie geht es ihnen von der Vereinegten Staaten. (I hope I spelled everything right) I got an answer back from National Car Rental, who said that you would have to contact the local rental agency, and gave me the telephone number of the agency as 314-428-1405. Given the response from BoilerUp and Rapp, you may not want to go with a rental agency. Of course, BoilerUp is a Purdue graduate, so what does he know!

Rapp is correct in that there will be a lot of empty passenger seats at the event, (and one of them will be mine). However, I've been accused of never driving over 65 mph which is generally a valid accusation, and an opportunity for BoilerUp to get back at me for the Purdue crack. Given that, someone can ride with me or go for a faster car.

naughteven

Old 01-28-2010 | 02:48 PM
Administrator / Senior Member

Hi,

I've posted this meeting to the German Crossfire forum. The idea born to ship some Crossfires to the US and attend the meeting .
So my question is: Is it possible to rent a Crossfire in the U.S. in the St. Louis area? Do you have an address of a rental company?
Thanks & regards from Germany
Markus
I encourage anyone from a distance far away that either can't bring their Crossfire or simply doesn't want to drive the miles or is limited on time for this huge GTG to please consider flying into St. Louis.
There will be plenty of Crossfires available to provide transportation to and from the airport.
Also should be plenty of passenger seats to accommodate our friends who fly in over the 3 day event.
If anyone would be seriously considering this fly in option please send me a PM

Thanks, Gary

Old 01-29-2010 | 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by naughteven
Wie geht es ihnen von der Vereinegten Staaten. (I hope I spelled everything right) I got an answer back from National Car Rental, who said that you would have to contact the local rental agency, and gave me the telephone number of the agency as 314-428-1405. Given the response from BoilerUp and Rapp, you may not want to go with a rental agency. Of course, BoilerUp is a Purdue graduate, so what does he know!

Rapp is correct in that there will be a lot of empty passenger seats at the event, (and one of them will be mine). However, I've been accused of never driving over 65 mph which is generally a valid accusation, and an opportunity for BoilerUp to get back at me for the Purdue crack. Given that, someone can ride with me or go for a faster car.

naughteven
Dennis, I can take the PU cracks all day, all I have to do is take a look at our record and the smile re-arrears on my face

Also, if I remember correctly, one the way down and back from the Dragon, we were all quite a bit faster than 65 (we had to keep up with Doc LOL)

Old 01-29-2010 | 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Dennis, I can take the PU cracks all day, all I have to do is take a look at our record and the smile re-arrears on my face

Also, if I remember correctly, one the way down and back from the Dragon, we were all quite a bit faster than 65 (we had to keep up with Doc LOL)
What was a true XF owner to do when a 370Z passes you on the right and cuts you off, but to put my bumper on his behind until he quit @ 140...
He either ran out of nerve, hp, or both...but, that is a another story...just trying to hold up our reputation....and there was an open road for that few minutes of fun, until he started to get stupid, so I backed off...you both did good though...

Now, for my German friends, or any country for that matter, you are welcome to share a seat with me anytime at St. Louis...I will have both cars there...

Old 01-31-2010 | 03:12 PM

As part of the GCG committee hosting this awesome event, I would like to extend an invite to our German friends and anyone else who will be flying into St. Louis that I have an open seat if anyone would like to ride with me. Forwarning though, I'm not afraid to hit the triple digits while driving. LOL

Debby
Mrs_Shark067

Old 01-31-2010 | 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs_Shark067
As part of the GCG committee hosting this awesome event, I would like to extend an invite to our German friends and anyone else who will be flying into St. Louis that I have an open seat if anyone would like to ride with me. Forwarning though, I'm not afraid to hit the triple digits while driving. LOL

Debby
Mrs_Shark067
I would concur that Mrs.Shark067 iscrazy. But fun to hang with.

I would also remind her that she will be very busy HOSTING so her fare may have to endure that as well.

I have searched for rental Crossfires in St Louis and found none so far.They are not good vehicles for the rental fleets as people tend to race them and they have low aftermarket value compared to original costs.

That said, we are a very creative group here so to our friends across the pond, German or otherwise, give us a clue how many are interested and we will try to find a way to saddle you up in something besides a Pinto or a mule here in the Gateway to the West.
franc

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 01-31-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-31-2010 | 08:39 PM

[quote=Mrs_Shark067]As part of the GCG committee hosting this awesome event, I would like to extend an invite to our German friends and anyone else who will be flying into St. Louis that I have an open seat if anyone would like to ride with me. Forwarning though, I'm not afraid to hit the triple digits while driving. LOL

Anyone know of a stretch limo crossfire?

franc

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 01-31-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-31-2010 | 09:23 PM

The schedule has been updated and there is an order form for signing up for various activities.

Old 01-31-2010 | 11:22 PM

Just in case anyone has trouble accessing this site, please make note of the Gateway Crossfire Group website www.gatewaycrossfiregroup.org or email gcg@stlgcg.org for Crossfires Across America information.

Old 02-01-2010 | 12:43 PM
Forum Regular

I am sure there are many of us that will be driving solo, myself included. I would be happy to have a passenger along.

Deb

Old 02-01-2010 | 10:20 PM

where does this start and end?

Old 02-01-2010 | 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by oceansideaddict
where does this start and end?
It starts where ever you are and ends in St Louis MO.

Here you will drive in circles for three days, spend some of money, have a great time with friends, and then you should return.

That last step is, of course, up to the individual.

roadster with a stick

Quick Reply: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010