Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions
View Poll Results: Would you like to participate in Crossfires Across America?
Yes, count me in.
88.44%
Yes, count me in AND I want to help with the organization.
11.56%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009 | 03:44 PM
Default re: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
only if Franc can find us a loading dock that we can use to get them off...LOL...and I don't have permits for MO>.....and there is a reason for that....LOL
Been a bad boy Doc? I bet there are plenty of ramps in E. StL.

U-Haul: Moving equipment guide: Moving trucks, cargo trailers, utility trailers, vehicle trailers

Old 08-10-2009 | 03:49 PM
Default re: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

If we stop in E. St Louis, they will steal our XF's, the truck, the trailer, and our wallets....trust me...and the reason is, I don't want to truck in MO>>>>and I would love to own a used u-haul trailer, they are perfect for out little cars...

Old 08-10-2009 | 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
If we stop in E. St Louis, they will steal our XF's, the truck, the trailer, and our wallets....trust me...and the reason is, I don't want to truck in MO>>>>and I would love to own a used u-haul trailer, they are perfect for out little cars...
I agree about E. StL. You know I was kidding =)

I hope we end up on the West side of town, the roads and the hotels are better there. I would look to buy a trailer, but I don't have room to store it.

Old 08-10-2009 | 08:56 PM
Forum Regular

I had a buddy UZI-ED(MURDERED) in East St Louis he was driving a company pick up and the company was more concerned that they lost a leased vehicle than the death of Sam Stephens-- RIP.
The company was Cooperheat, in 1994, now it is called TEAM INC

Old 08-10-2009 | 10:53 PM

Sorry to hear of your friend.

I used to work with a guy who's sound system arrived 1/2 hour before he did. He has an Eddie Bauer edition Ford Explorer, and the back of the truck was all speaker. anyway, he reportedly had lots of money, but he was working for us (didn't make any sense), and one day he quit. I found out that he owned all of this real estate, and he had sold some of it, "It's in St Louis" a co-worker told me, I said , oh that's a nice city, and MO is a nice state, he corrected me this was in IL. I told him that was the "bad" side of the river. The next thing I know he was reported to have been killed in a robbery. "What a shame" I said, someone else found out he had some money, ah, but again I was corrected, he was the robber. That is what I know of E. StL.

Go Cards!

Old 08-10-2009 | 10:54 PM

E. St Louis is what I would call a "nuclear test site". No offense to anyone living there.

Old 08-11-2009 | 09:27 AM
Exclamation re: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010

Originally Posted by itsky
E. St Louis is what I would call a "nuclear test site". No offense to anyone living there.
Yes, like a lot of large cities - Saint Louis is a bit "stratified". DO NOT break down in East Saint Louis (which is actually in Illinois)- but seems like some are crossing the bridge and commiting crimes in Downtown saint louis now also - as with the Cards, Rams, Concerts, etc. - I guess this seems like a good hunting grounds for them ? Downtown still relatively safe though. North Saint Louis city is a bit of a gang warfare area- a least some of it - probably still some nice neigborhoods there. South Saint Louis is changing from many older people hanging onto their homes as they pass away the neigborhoods are becoming culturely diverse- not necessary a bad thing - and when my daugter lived down there - was a safe eclectic area. Outside the city limits - which here is called "The County" or "West County", Most areas are very safe and some such as Ladue, Town and Country, etc. are probrably among the richest communities in the nation. Saint Charles and Warren counties are across the next river (Missouri) and are very safe and very eclectic - from old school familes running a lot of certain towns - to farming communities, to poorer subdivions/areas, to richer subdivisions/ areas. Any other saint lunitics want to comment - feel free - I have only been here 30 years - soooo, originally from UPSTATE NY.

Last edited by emforce; 08-11-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-11-2009 | 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Sandgrounder
I had a buddy UZI-ED(MURDERED) in East St Louis he was driving a company pick up and the company was more concerned that they lost a leased vehicle than the death of Sam Stephens-- RIP.
The company was Cooperheat, in 1994, now it is called TEAM INC
I thought Mannings bought Cooperheat - but I could be wrong - might still be competitors. I have worked with all these companies in the past - and most companies are becoming pretty callous with treatment of their people - as long as the UPPER management can make their big bonuses at the end of the year they do not mind pissing on their people for as long as they can and then when they quit - replace them with one of the people standing in line for any job at a lot less pay - which puts more money in their pocket - I have seen this first hand. It is getting bad out there

Old 08-11-2009 | 10:38 AM

I should say that this does not apply to west of the Mississippi (as E is East). Sorry if there was a misunderstanding...

Old 08-11-2009 | 10:51 AM
Forum Regular

I'm getting a little scared about visiting St. Louis now!!!

Old 08-11-2009 | 12:02 PM

LOL me too DEB....sounds a bit ruff in E St Louie. Will have my holster with me most def.

Old 08-11-2009 | 08:12 PM

In the event it becomes necessary, I am assuming there will be someone to send my remains and the SRT back to Seattle.
Daughter says remains are optional, but SRT is a must

Old 08-11-2009 | 10:48 PM

We will be OK as long as we stay on the MO side of the river.

Looking forward to a ballgame in the new stadium, and fresh Bud at the brewery.

Old 08-12-2009 | 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Deborah Walker
I'm getting a little scared about visiting St. Louis now!!!
Not to worry Deb. East St Louis is a gun free zone. which reminds me Silversafirertsix, you can bring your holster but not your gun.

With the possible exception of the Gateway Race Track, we do not anticipate any events on the east side. We have plenty of places in MO where you can get shot but it is much harder to do there. Which is surprising as we do have concealed carry on the west side of the Mississippi.

The Race track is actually quite secure. Lots of lights and security. completly fenced in and few problems arise there. The North side of St Louis is a bit dangerous but there is no reason to go there.
South side has the Hill and a bevy of great restaraunts and local bars. Oconnels pub is high on the list . Order the Burger, considerd the best in town and often listed in the top ten in the country. When I made Red Cross and R&F macaroni, I got to eat there every day. The roast beef sandwich is also great and Red pours the drinks generously.

Downtown, near the Ball Park and the Football Stadium are quite safe as well. The area around the Brewery is generally safe in the day time. A little dicey at night but not bad.

Fortunately, there are plenty of easy access highways to get around town. You don't have to drive much on the local roads in the downtown area.

We are looking to arrange a multitude of events, most of which aren't in St louis Downtown so day time activities, with the exception of Racetrack and a Ball game are out in the relative safety of the surrounding counties. Missouri counties.

The wine tour will be in St Charles county. The old town shopping is in the French settlement in St Charles.The other road trip may be south of St Louis in Gennevive, a lovely river town with wineries , B&B and shops.

we are trying to set up things that are fun during the week. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

roadster with a stick

Old 08-12-2009 | 12:21 AM

I should say that this does not apply to west of the Mississippi (as E is East). Sorry if there was a misunderstanding...
Actually, the east side of St Louis is considered a Free Fire Zone. Just about anything goes inside the loop formed by I255 up to the Dixie highway (old HWY 40)
Sadly, East St Louis used to be a premier place to live. It went dog eared in the 50's and never came back.

roadster with a stick

Old 08-12-2009 | 03:38 PM

Gotta include a brewery tour

Are we sure that there will be a home game that week? Schedule isn't out for next year until Jan or Feb.

Old 08-12-2009 | 03:42 PM

Glad that we're getting some planning done! I wonder when we'll get around to doing routes for people. Might be best to plan a few, get as close to others as we can without going waaaay out of people's ways. If you have an idea for a route, let me know, and I'll throw it on the map!

Borhmian - Google Maps

Old 08-12-2009 | 05:07 PM

There is also the Trailhead brewery in Saint Charles - just throw a stone from Harrahs and you might hit it. Also, Augusta has some very good wineries and is very easy run on a cool winedy road from the Harrahs area. Not sure how you can go on these trips though and then drive back - suggest everyone have a designated driver (which is a bit harder in a two seater - not a lot to choose from- LOL.

Emforce,
Shawn

Old 08-12-2009 | 06:41 PM

trick is to have a place to stay fro a while (over night) to sober up, make an overnight somewhere

Old 08-12-2009 | 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Scottw60
Gotta include a brewery tour

Are we sure that there will be a home game that week? Schedule isn't out for next year until Jan or Feb.
At least one brewery tour should be planned. More if requirted.

As to the Home game, that is a target of opportunity at the moment. we will have to see if and when that fits.
More later.

roadster with a stick

Quick Reply: Join our first Crossfires Across America Rally - St.Louis, Mo. June 22, 23 & 24 -2010