Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet - April 3, 4, 5

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

I am seriously considering attending but have never been to a car club outing of any sort, so I don't know what to expect. Is there a schedule of daily events/meetings/dinners? Also will there be tech demos and reps for aftermarket parts?

Old 12-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Question re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

Originally Posted by mocman68
I am seriously considering attending but have never been to a car club outing of any sort, so I don't know what to expect. Is there a schedule of daily events/meetings/dinners? Also will there be tech demos and reps for aftermarket parts?
Yes, maybe we could have some simple mod diy while at dragon. Thinking the speaker mod for the radio base problem. Maybe put a list of mods together that could be done in 2 or 3 hours. How to wax and use clay bar and buffer. etc etc etc.
BREAK out in groups to do the different mods. JUST a thought.

Old 12-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 627 Likes on 428 Posts
Default re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

I am seriously considering attending but have never been to a car club outing of any sort, so I don't know what to expect.
Is there a schedule of daily events/meetings/dinners?
Also will there be tech demos and reps for aftermarket parts?
This is the itinerary from our last meet here.
It will follow along the same basic agenda this coming spring.
We have not had any tech demos or reps for aftermarket parts present.
It's mostly a weekend filled with driving by day and dining/visiting together in the evening back at Fontana Lodge.

Old 12-26-2008, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by texas t
Yes, maybe we could have some simple mod diy while at dragon. Thinking the speaker mod for the radio base problem. Maybe put a list of mods together that could be done in 2 or 3 hours. How to wax and use clay bar and buffer. etc etc etc.
I know Maxcichon did some stereo mods for a few members and would probably be available again this spring.
As for other mods it would depend on who attends and time availability.
It is a flexible schedule for all so anything could be possible .

Old 12-27-2008, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
This is the itinerary from our last meet here.
It will follow along the same basic agenda this coming spring.
We have not had any tech demos or reps for aftermarket parts present.
It's mostly a weekend filled with driving by day and dining/visiting together in the evening back at Fontana Lodge.
Thanks for the info. The drive routes look interesting. I was born and raised in East Tennessee but haven't driven the dragon in years. I'm going to try and work it out!

Old 12-27-2008, 06:25 AM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by itsky
Well, she is not interested in sitting in the car for that long of a trip. Also, she really doesn't like to shop. PM me for my $49.99 special on how to train your wife to not shop!
A wife who doesn't like to shop? Sounds like a keeper!

$49.99? Make that back on our first trip to Macy's!

TELL ME MORE

roadster with a stick

Old 12-27-2008, 08:08 AM

Thanks for the info.
The drive routes look interesting.
I was born and raised in East Tennessee but haven't driven the dragon in years.
I'm going to try and work it out!
We would love to have ya.
Just post back here and if ya can make it I will add ya to the list

Old 12-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Unhappy Re: Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon/Smokey Mountain meet April 3 ,4,& 5

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
Sorry guys...
I thought we were all set to reserve a room after getting off the phone today.
Try later this week and I'm sure they will be ready to take your name.
Also let me know once your reserved so I can show it next to your name.

Thanks Valk (Anxious Valk)
Gary;
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The good news is that my son (after 12 years of "anticipation") is getting married. The bad news is that he's getting married the same week as the Spring run. Please remove me from the Spring Dragon List, but put me on a Fall List when it comes out (I know I'm going to be in need a break from Indiana by then). I'm moving to Bicknell IN on 1/26/09 and hope to connect with OleDoc and Jane. The Crossfire is already garaged in Bicknell and waiting for the Spring thaw. I may even be able to wash it by that time.

(Very) Regretfully; Naughteven

Old 12-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Default Re: Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon/Smokey Mountain meet April 3 ,4,& 5

Dennis,
We will miss you but it's wonderful to here that you will be able to witness your son getting married !!
You won't be the first to have conflicting plans but family is always first.
I won't forget to put ya down for the fall meet probably around Halloween again in 2009.
I hope your move to Indiana goes smoothly and you will be in good company there among Doc and Jane.
Great folks to be near for other Crossfire meets.
Wishing you a Happy New Year,

Gary

Originally Posted by naughteven
Gary;
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The good news is that my son (after 12 years of "anticipation") is getting married. The bad news is that he's getting married the same week as the Spring run. Please remove me from the Spring Dragon List, but put me on a Fall List when it comes out (I know I'm going to be in need a break from Indiana by then). I'm moving to Bicknell IN on 1/26/09 and hope to connect with OleDoc and Jane. The Crossfire is already garaged in Bicknell and waiting for the Spring thaw. I may even be able to wash it by that time.

(Very) Regretfully; Naughteven

Old 12-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Received 606 Likes on 486 Posts

Roberta & I just booked our room for the Spring Meet at Fontana Dam, NC. It will be our first time attending a Crossfire gathering. Looking forward to meeting and visiting with other Crossfire owners. And I'm excited about driving the Tail of the Dragon in our Crossfire. I've done it several times in one of our Merkur XR4Ti's along with making a run on my Victory Hammer. I'm anxious to see how the Crossfire handles on this "wild & crazy" stretch of road.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:56 PM

Dennis,
I have just added you to the list #33
We have a lot of fun together and I am glad you and Roberta will be joining us.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:41 PM

Put me + 1 down!

Somebody's gotta be there to keep up with Jane!

Old 12-31-2008, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by sccasrt6
Put me + 1 down!

Somebody's gotta be there to keep up with Jane!
Anthony, Welcome !!
I have just added you to the list #34
You will be the last one this year to be put on the list.
Hoping many more will join us and post in 2009 in months to come.

April 3 ,4 and 5 will be here before ya know it.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Forum Regular

Sccasrt6 (Anthony): It's about time you logged in. We'll see you at the Tail.

Jane

Old 01-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by texas t
I would definitely be interested in the clay bar class. Everyone talked about it, but I have no idea what it is.

I should do it for my poor crossfire. It has become a neglected garage queen since the fall dragon. (80 miles since returning, hasn't been started in a month and a half.)

Old 01-03-2009, 09:08 AM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT6nTulsa
I would definitely be interested in the clay bar class. Everyone talked about it, but I have no idea what it is.

I should do it for my poor crossfire. It has become a neglected garage queen since the fall dragon. (80 miles since returning, hasn't been started in a month and a half.)
That's criminal, Alex! Get that bad boy out on the road! Mine's zipped up in a car jacket to keep the mice (and dog food) out, and doesn't get to come out and play until Mar 15.

As for detailing classes, I'd love it. I'm what you might call 'detail challenged'.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tom2112
That's criminal, Alex! Get that bad boy out on the road! Mine's zipped up in a car jacket to keep the mice (and dog food) out, and doesn't get to come out and play until Mar 15.

As for detailing classes, I'd love it. I'm what you might call 'detail challenged'.
Haha, I'm detail challenged, too.

It is criminal. I'm so ashamed. I promise, It's not a reflection of my love for the car. Due to my travels, I've only slept in my own bed six nights since returning.

But, with Rob's help, I'm trying to make it up to the poor car. Intake Manifolds and the modified Y piece should be arriving back home any time. I should get back to the car in February, to send the ICU to Inmotion.

Dog fod. LOL.

When will you install your manifolds?

(Sent from a bar, in an airport, somewhere in the continental US.)

Last edited by SRT6nTulsa; 01-03-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:58 AM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, that's understandable if you haven't been home to drive it. 6 nights in 2 months, that stinks!

I'm not sure when the mani's will go on. Since it isn't insured for driving while its in storage, it probably won't be until March. I still need to pop the ECU out and send it off to InMotion, but there's no hurry on that, I guess. Just so long as they're installed for the spring racing season, I'll be happy.

Ugh! I just remembered, I need to talk to Rob about a set of wheels and drag radials. My poor checkbook.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:13 PM

Alex,
Look at this link and see what the clay bar process is all about.
I've done mine and I'll tell ya it's incredible.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:03 AM

Valk;

Thanks for the reference. I was planning on attending these workshops on detailing the X'Fire at the Spring Run, and was disappointed when I had to cancel out. The website provides some starting places for me to begin my Spring cleaning. The kids gave me many of these products for Christmas, but I was at a loss as where to begin. These videos helped with the application instructions for many of them, but the sequence to detail the car is still a little hazy.

Naughteven

Quick Reply: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet - April 3, 4, 5