Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet - April 3, 4, 5

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 627 Likes on 428 Posts
Default re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
click on pic

Texas t
made these cool name tags for everyone who came to the Dragon but some of you never got yours.
I have brought them home and want to get them to you so if you see your screen name below please send me a PM with your full real name and mailing address and I will send you your personal name badge.

DMS Xfire - mailed
huudoo
SRT_Flyboy
Tim le - mailed
Bigkid - mailed
sccasrt6
maggie1 - mailed

Still waiting for the following to respond.

huudoo
SRT_Flyboy
sccasrt6

All the rest have been mailed

Gary

Old 04-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

Well I FINALLY got my pictures up! If you were near my car during the weekend I probably have a picture of you. Lots of Shark, Erzer & the Southern Group!

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...y.php/cat/1335

Old 04-16-2009, 11:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice pics Kim.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:06 AM

Thanks Evan ... sorry I didn't get any of yours! Are there any pics of what you guys had to go thru to swap out your tire?

Old 04-17-2009, 07:15 AM

Nice pics Kim.
So will you be returning in the Fall ??

3rd ANNUAL FALL 2009 - Tail of the Dragon/Smokey Mountain meet - Oct. 30, 31 - Nov. 1

See post 1 and 2

Old 04-17-2009, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by KimPossible
Thanks Evan ... sorry I didn't get any of yours! Are there any pics of what you guys had to go thru to swap out your tire?
No, I don't think so (at least nothing close up).

Old 04-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05XF-LVR
Fair enough Mike, well it appears you were one of the few that I did not have the pleasure of meeting at the Dragon, thats too bad, I heard you and Kathy were a blast. We will have to have some beers in the Fall when we slay the Dragon once more. Looking forward to it.

John
Thanks John,
We also look forward to it, We had so much fun and cant wait to do it again. A crossfire, a sunny day , and great people , what else could you ask for.
Thanks
Mike and Kathy
PS Now i will hold ya to that beer ! Im bad with names but wont forget a beer

Old 04-17-2009, 09:20 AM

I keep loosing this post and it is an important one, so this is merely a bump for this link. Thanks Gary for such a great idea.

As much as I wish I could remember all of your names and faces for some of you I don't remember.
I ask all of you here to go to my gallery here and look for the photo I took of you and your car and provide your screen name and real first name in the comment area below it so I can finish adding titles from the attendance list to you pic.

Hope to see ya return in the Fall.... October 30,31 & Nov.1
Watch for a new thread coming later this week.

Thanks, Gary

Old 04-17-2009, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Hands
Thanks John,
We also look forward to it, We had so much fun and cant wait to do it again. A crossfire, a sunny day , and great people , what else could you ask for.
Thanks
Mike and Kathy
PS Now i will hold ya to that beer ! Im bad with names but wont forget a beer
John,
I believe we did meet just didnt know it...i was trying to give ya a fuse from my car that sunday morning (White topless)...the crossfire i mean
and by the way were you able to get ya one
Thanks
Mike and Kathy

Old 04-17-2009, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Hands
John,
I believe we did meet just didnt know it...i was trying to give ya a fuse from my car that sunday morning (White topless)...the crossfire i mean
and by the way were you able to get ya one
Thanks
Mike and Kathy
Oh hell yes Mike, I apologize for my lack of friendliness, at the time the XF was demanding my entire focus to get that damn problem solved. Once I had some bourbon and found a fuse, I was doing much better, problem solved LOL.

Now I am trying to find an excuse to drive down put that amazing looking shop to some good use have you done and brake or suspension work on the XF?

Old 04-17-2009, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by 05XF-LVR
Oh hell yes Mike, I apologize for my lack of friendliness, at the time the XF was demanding my entire focus to get that damn problem solved. Once I had some bourbon and found a fuse, I was doing much better, problem solved LOL.

Now I am trying to find an excuse to drive down put that amazing looking shop to some good use have you done and brake or suspension work on the XF?
You were fine John
having to drive home and worry if your cars is going to make it , is got to be in the top 10 for that SUCKS...
Ive got 29 years working on them and i mean all of them, its easyer to say what i dont work on...diesels , and trans. but cars, boats ,bikes for that matter anything with a engine, I do more of the technical poop at the fine age of 49 now but not to say i wont tear a motor apart or just change oil and there was i time i would get in your pocket for thoses who knew nothing about there cars but ya get alittle older and wiser and i guess alittle kinder. So if you really want to do some mods we can do it( you gotta be able to get YOUR hands dirty) too and plan it. We just got our first commercial back today ,The first cut anyway, i was going to post it but dont know how anybody know how to post it on here. But anyways we got thunder(opening day for the derby) here in louisville and so far nice weekend so we are headed to the lake house with my bro and his wife and see just how many beers we can put down and maybe a little fishin...
Just let me know John
Thanks
mike and Kathy

Old 04-17-2009, 03:26 PM

Hay Ben
If you get a chance watch the video of a fall run at the dragon and see if it makes you want to go back and do it again. thats kinda close to putting it a bottle....

Old 04-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts

Kim,
We didn't take pictures. Think about it, two guys driving girly cars sitting in a waiting room together.

The clowns on this forum would have a field day.

Besides, when I asked him if my jeans made me look fat, Evan said yes. So, no pictures.

Your pictures look great. I especially like the one you took of yourself driving.

roadster with a stick

Old 04-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey, Franc:

Swish...swish!

Old 04-17-2009, 08:20 PM

Nice pics Kim.
So will you be returning in the Fall ??

3rd ANNUAL FALL 2009 - Tail of the Dragon/Smokey Mountain meet - Oct. 30, 31 - Nov. 1

See post 1 and 2
I can only go if I get a new job! I can't be away from the office at end of month. That's when everyone thinks they get the best car deals .... so they need me there to buy their loans.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Kim,
We didn't take pictures. Think about it, two guys driving girly cars sitting in a waiting room together.

The clowns on this forum would have a field day.

Besides, when I asked him if my jeans made me look fat, Evan said yes. So, no pictures.

Your pictures look great. I especially like the one you took of yourself driving.

roadster with a stick
I think you two are very, VERY manly!! You were very manly blocking all that traffic for us on the way to the dam.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts

I can only go if I get a new job! I can't be away from the office at end of month. That's when everyone thinks they get the best car deals .... so they need me there to buy their loans.
Kim,

WORK WORK WORK. Maybe you need to delegate.

It's only money. Take time to stop and smell the skid marks.

A pretty fall morning.
Cool dense air and warming asphalt.
the whine of an SC spooling up.
The smell of hot clutches and screaming tires..............

WHEW!
I need a cigarette!

roadster with a stick

Old 04-17-2009, 08:43 PM

As much as I wish I could remember all of your names and faces for some of you I don't remember.
I ask all of you here to go to my gallery here and look for the photo I took of you and your car and provide your screen name and real first name in the comment area below it so I can finish adding titles from the attendance list to you pic.

Hope to see ya return in the Fall.... October 30,31 & Nov.1
Watch for a new thread coming later this week.

Thanks, Gary
Still looking for screen names for these memebers.....
click on the photo and add your screen name in the comments area.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:46 PM

Still looking for screen names for these memebers.....
click on the photo and add your screen name in the comments area.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:59 PM

Well I FINALLY got my pictures up! If you were near my car during the weekend I probably have a picture of you. Lots of Shark, Erzer & the Southern Group!

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...y.php/cat/1335
Nice pix Kim, I have video of you taking that pic, but it didn't make on the DVD, sorry it didn't now - LOL

Quick Reply: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet - April 3, 4, 5