Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet - April 3, 4, 5

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

Originally Posted by DMS Xfire
Hands you set a great pace, and I truly enjoyed the sound of your exhaust system thru all the straight aways. I had plenty left too it was hooking up like it was glued to the road and the motorcylce was falling back at some points. You and your wife put the icing on the cake for an already great weekend. Take care and we're looking forward of doing this agiain in 6 months!!
Sorry just caught this thread ive been in the tech and mod forum and i think its best to stay out of there. If you think you may want that exhaust an i can help you in any way let me know.( i really do mean that) I do like it but its kinda loud inside, from what i heard at the dragon i like the way mine sounds but hate the way it tones in the car. I have had it off and on about 4 times now, i just put it back on for the dragon and its still on so maybe its growning on me. I think the other muff that everybody was talking about or had is a good fit for most people , but i do really like the sound of the one i have out side of the car, so i will try and leave it on this time and see if it grows on me
Thanks
Mike and Kathy

Last edited by Hands; 04-09-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Default re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

Hands you set a great pace, and I truly enjoyed the sound of your exhaust system thru all the straight aways. I had plenty left too it was hooking up like it was glued to the road and the motorcylce was falling back at some points. You and your wife put the icing on the cake for an already great weekend. Take care and we're looking forward of doing this agiain in 6 months!!
If you are ever in louisville and need any help or just want to mod your crossfire...let me know
Thanks
Mike and Kathy

Old 04-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tom2112
LOL, it's all good, Scott.

You hung with Jim and I through the dragon. Shame we couldn't jump over those cruiser bikes in front of us, or we'd have had a really sweet video that couldn't be turned over to law enforcement.
Those bikes made a lot of noise and went so slow! I couldn't believe it took so long for them to pull off to the side!

Old 04-09-2009, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
I completely understand the F&F "little man's complex" I see it all the time. I'll be bringing a friend in the fall with his S2000, so you won't be the only outsider present.
That works but unfortunately I will still be the only wrong wheel drive there.
Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
Eric & Travis,
I am glad you guys came through this without worse injuries.
The crash as you described it sounds really scary and I can't imagine what must have been running through your mind during all this.
This might be the last pic of Eric and his Crossfire together but as long as we still have you guys we can all take a breath.
Wishing you both a full recovery and I am very saddened to hear of all this.
My thoughts are with you guys and please keep us all posted in the days to come

Eric - Fayetteville, NC - '05 Black SRT6

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...m/100_7081.JPG
Thanks guys and I guess I shoulda jumped in that pic, I am standing just out of frame to the right(back of the car).
Originally Posted by 05XF-LVR
And unless you do some serious mods, you will be in this base coupe's dust :-)
Hehe, shows how well you know me Just know that the car will be fully gutted with B&G coilovers, rear tower bar, 30mm TTR rear sway bar, custom midbrace, 22mm ST front sway bar, solid bushings, solid engine mounts, MRZ underdrive pulleys and I might have a little spray for some straights Well that is what I hope to have done within 6 months.
Originally Posted by shark067
Debby and I are glad to hear that the two of you survived the crash. If there is anything we can do let us know. We wish you both a speedy recovery.

Deb & Kell

P.S. In my book it cool of you to join us on the Fall Dragon.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...-03-09_095.JPG
Thank you.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:58 AM

Here is some of my other GO-Fast toys

Old 04-09-2009, 11:09 AM

Had a small hand in the build of this one...it was for the crusades for children to raise money for those special kids

Attached Thumbnails 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet -  April 3, 4,  5-picture-002.jpg   2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet -  April 3, 4,  5-picture-005.jpg  
Old 04-09-2009, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Hands
If you are ever in louisville and need any help or just want to mod your crossfire...let me know
Thanks
Mike and Kathy
Wow, I like that shop. Is that yours, or do you just work there? I want to get a set of lifts like that, but I don't want them bolted to the floor, any ideas? I may stop by just to see that place

Old 04-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 626 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by texas t
Hey guys, i will make some name tags for everyone and bring them.
click on pic

Texas t
made these cool name tags for everyone who came to the Dragon but some of you never got yours.
I have brought them home and want to get them to you so if you see your screen name below please send me a PM with your full real name and mailing address and I will send you your personal name badge.

DMS Xfire
huudoo
2006 Roadster in TN
SRT_Flyboy
Tim le
Bigkid
sccasrt6
maggie1

For the rest of you listed below I have your address already and will be mailing you yours this weekend

Sterling
Tbird
Tnn14
Maxcichon
dbg55
+fireamx
dbg55

Last edited by Valk; 04-09-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:50 PM

Itsky,
Glad you made it home safe and it was nice meeting you. Hope you can make it back again, let me know and I will bring the Jack.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:01 PM

click on pic

Texas t
made these cool name tags for everyone who came to the Dragon but some of you never got yours.
I have brought them home and want to get them to you so if you see your screen name below please send me a PM with your full real name and mailing address and I will send you your personal name badge.

DMS Xfire
huudoo
2006 Roadster in TN
SRT_Flyboy
Tim le
Bigkid
sccasrt6
dbg55
maggie1

For the rest of you listed below I have your address already and will be mailing you yours this weekend

Sterling
Tbird
Tnn14
Maxcichon
dbg55
+fireamx
Yes he did & thank the gods!
Thanks, Texas!!!
Now, next time you have to make them GIANT SIZED so old blind people (like myself) can see them from across the room !

Old 04-09-2009, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by scott weber
Itsky,
Glad you made it home safe and it was nice meeting you. Hope you can make it back again, let me know and I will bring the Jack.
Scott, it was great meeting you as well. I don't know about the fall run, but I'm thinking spring for sure!

Old 04-09-2009, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Scottw60
Wow, I like that shop. Is that yours, or do you just work there? I want to get a set of lifts like that, but I don't want them bolted to the floor, any ideas? I may stop by just to see that place
Glad you like it, we have five of them (partners with a buddy of mine) all of them dont look as good , I do the real technical poop in those two bays stuff that most tech wont mess with, I dont know of any lifts other than a mobile drive on, that doesnt raise the car very high...It maybe raises it waist high. But im sure if ya looked hard enough you could find pretty much anything, i just dont know of any. Why dont you want to bolt them down, its really no big deal. it all depends on what your lift weights need are, heavy lift ( full size trucks)you would want a 10000 pound concrete and just reg cars i think you could get away with 4000 pound which is used im most home garages
Hope that answered the question that you wanted to know
Thanks
Mike and Kathy

Last edited by Hands; 04-09-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:34 PM

Thanks Mike, but you talked me into keeping it stock. we love the quietness inside while cruising, but we certainly like the sound you had going there WOT. We hope you can get it where your satisfied . Ours is ok, but nothing compared to yours. You've got a great looking ride there. I think we are going to try to improve on our looks a little at a time instead. The black SRT Roadster really impressed me as well as Franks chrome on his Grey Roadster.
Eric having a bad accident was bad and I was hoping everyone could get home accident and ticket free. I glad to hear they are getting better.
It took me 2 months to figure out what tires to buy, I decided on the Coopers ZEON because of the wet traction capabilities. I am happy with that decision as well as how it handled on the hill behind you.
Have a Happy Easter!
Diane & Ben

Old 04-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, THANKS! I just thought I was (as usual) being left out of something!

click on pic

Texas t

DMS Xfire
huudoo
2006 Roadster in TN
SRT_Flyboy
Tim le
Bigkid
sccasrt6
dbg55
maggie1

Sterling
Tbird
Tnn14
Maxcichon
dbg55
+fireamx

Old 04-09-2009, 08:24 PM

Glad you like it, we have five of them (partners with a buddy of mine) all of them dont look as good , I do the real technical poop in those two bays stuff that most tech wont mess with, I dont know of any lifts other than a mobile drive on, that doesnt raise the car very high...It maybe raises it waist high. But im sure if ya looked hard enough you could find pretty much anything, i just dont know of any. Why dont you want to bolt them down, its really no big deal. it all depends on what your lift weights need are, heavy lift ( full size trucks)you would want a 10000 pound concrete and just reg cars i think you could get away with 4000 pound which is used im most home garages
Hope that answered the question that you wanted to know
Thanks
Mike and Kathy
I just built a garage, use it as a shop (auto and non-auto) as well, pull, the 2 cars out, and I have all kins of room. I would want something, I could use for storage, move to the middle for work, and remove completely for non-auto work.I could have multiple bolt holes in the floor, and that is an option if I don't find a portable that only goes waist high. I will take some pics of the shop/garage as soon as it is closer to completeion. Tge stucture is done, but outfiting the interior is still work-in-progress.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by itsky
Scott, it was great meeting you as well. I don't know about the fall run, but I'm thinking spring for sure!
I am going to the fall fo sure, not sure about the wife, If I go in the spring, she will not be able to make it, maybe I will bring her brother, he'll love it.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 626 Likes on 427 Posts

Kurts pics from the meet last weekend.
Please provide a link in this thread once you have posted pics so we all can see and don't miss any.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle.../11745/cat/500

Old 04-09-2009, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rv Xfire08
I am proud to say I (joanna) slayed the Dragon for the frist time!!Also I wanted to say how proud we were of our youngest driver Tray and what a geat job he did slaying the dragon.Way to go Tray!
Thanks Joanna and I can't wait to go back for more. Sorry to hear about the accident Travis wish you too a speedy recovery.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:41 AM

Wow Mike, looks amazing, you may have an uninvited XF show up on your door to be modded one day soon LOL, I am only in Indy and have some upcoming suspension and brake mods.....

Thanks
Mike and Kathy

Old 04-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Forum Regular

K finnaly got the pics on and able to sit up in my computer chair with little difficulty I put them in my gallery but heres two just to start... im doing alot better just head and back hurt and a lil banged up but other then that im good. Thinks guys for all the fun on the dragon and in the lodge .. atleast the srt-6 had one or 10 good runs on the dragon befor its death... but iv got plans....... might just get another srt-6 black hopefully maby even a roadster.. or get me a n/a and bye my recked srt back and do the engine swap with plenty of extra parts ... and thanks for all your support after all this crap.. me and travis deeply appreceate it..

Quick Reply: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet - April 3, 4, 5