Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet - April 3, 4, 5

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

Travis, please tell Eric that you both are in our prayers for a quick recovery.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

What a bad experience, so very glad your "here with us" but the road to health can be long, take it one day at a time. That it didn't happen on the Dragon, where a small misstep can have disproportionate results, is a blessing. Check in here often- it's fairly safe, easy on the sore body, friends will always greet you and they sincerely care when they ask "how are you doing today?" Rapps

Old 04-08-2009, 07:37 PM

wishing you both a speedy recovery. I'm glad to hear that you are both on the mend.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:54 PM

Thanks everyone. I think Eric is gonna post pics within the next couple days. I talked to him a few minutes ago and he seems a little better.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tru2nrtt777
I talked to him a few minutes ago and he seems a little better.
That's wonderful news

Old 04-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since I got several PM's about Eric's and my stressfull experience I am just gonna paste my reply here:

Well Eric and I were on our way back and around 9:00am(Monday) we hydroplaned towards oncoming traffic at 60mph. He cranked the wheel right and when we hit the grass median it(the car) flew right, back across two lanes and slid sideways into a tree at(my guess) 35mph. We ended up with the driverside about 2 feet up the tree and I blacked out, I remember sitting in the car looking "up" at him and his face covered in blood dripping onto my jacket. I remember some of the ambulance ride and him asking me to call his wife... Around 10:30am I got to the hospital and was able to call his wife and my mother... To make a long story short he got 12 stitches and 4 staples, I got 5 stitches. The SRT6 got a convertible conversion, along with a chopped top and was put on an atkins diet where it went from a size 6 to a size 0.

I was gonna wait for him to post but as of yesterday around noon he was having very intense back pain and had to go back to the hospital. His face looked like his forhead was malled by a dog.

As for me my right eyebrow is cut nicely, my left knee is hurt badly from being jammed into the center console, my left arm(bicep area) is very sore, my back is not happy with me and my neck reminds me every time I blink that it doesnt want to move, aside from that and a few cuts on my hand I think I am ok.
That's terrible. I don't know what else to say. Good thing it didnt' happen on the Dragon, that could have been deadly. I hope Eric mends quickly. The good thing is that Crossfires are cheaper than ever, so maybe he can get a new one for a good deal. I mentioned it to him that I was very concerned with the condition of the front tires on his car. I would have to think that may have been a contributing factor. But, I'm not here to say I told you so in a situation like this. The car is easy to replace, you guys are not. Hopefully you will both be feeling back to normal in a few weeks and he can get another one. If he does, come on back this fall and bring the slobalt!

It could have been a lot worse. I see totaled cars every day that are pretty grusome, so I know how bad it can be. You guys are very lucky.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:47 PM

Franc,

It was a true pleasure to spend time with you Cathy and Jane on Sunday. I really look forward to seeing you again in the fall. Itsky, good to meet you and hopefully we'll see you again in the Spring. Glad you and Franc made it back safe and without any more problems.

Cathy is trooper! I don't think I could do a drive like that! As much as I love my car, I would be cussing her after 700 miles of kidney bruising...

I wish everyone well, and look forward to doing it again!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
That's terrible. I don't know what else to say. Good thing it didnt' happen on the Dragon, that could have been deadly. I hope Eric mends quickly. The good thing is that Crossfires are cheaper than ever, so maybe he can get a new one for a good deal. I mentioned it to him that I was very concerned with the condition of the front tires on his car. I would have to think that may have been a contributing factor. But, I'm not here to say I told you so in a situation like this. The car is easy to replace, you guys are not. Hopefully you will both be feeling back to normal in a few weeks and he can get another one. If he does, come on back this fall and bring the slobalt!

It could have been a lot worse. I see totaled cars every day that are pretty grusome, so I know how bad it can be. You guys are very lucky.
Thanks for the kind words everyone, some of your SRT4 brethren arent as nice(considering one told me it was a shame my head wasnt removed from my body). I do plan on coming in the fall with the Slobalt, I know I will be the odd man out but most cobalt people have a "little man's complex" and I perfer being around a mature crowd... Hopefully I can get my suspension mods done before the meet so I can atleast stick with the base XF on the Dragon.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:17 PM

2 panoramas that I promised earlier, sorry they are small, I had to scale the down, the base data is from my 10mp, and put 5 images together, and it gets honking huge.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...y.php?cat=1322

Old 04-08-2009, 09:20 PM

Thanks for the kind words everyone, some of your SRT4 brethren arent as nice(considering one told me it was a shame my head wasnt removed from my body). I do plan on coming in the fall with the Slobalt, I know I will be the odd man out but most cobalt people have a "little man's complex" and I perfer being around a mature crowd... Hopefully I can get my suspension mods done before the meet so I can atleast stick with the base XF on the Dragon.
SRT6 I think you mean, still that's a nasty comment. We'll treat you better, still kick your cobalt butt on the road, but be nice about it =)

Right now you get yourself better.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:36 PM

Holy Crap!

Eric, Travis; hope both of you heal quickly!
Shame about the car but I'm very happy that you guys are still around & walking & talking.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:36 PM

No, I meant the kids my age with Neons, not Crossfires.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

P.S. can someone fix my account, I cant get out of the regional forums because I never recieved the conformation email, I have requested it 5 times and it isnt in my spam either.

Last edited by Tru2nrtt777; 04-08-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 627 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by robs 04 crossfire
Gary im so ready for the fall i cant wait just hopeing that im not going to be in iraq or afgan there is talk about it so i dont know but anyways i cant wait to do it again. And also Ashley and i did not have any cash on us when you asked for donations so if there is anyway way we can send a check or something to you or where ever for the BBQ and what not or i guess we could just wait tell next time but by then i might forget.... thanks rob
Rob,
Don't worry about it.
If ya come in the fall just add a few extra bucks at the BBQ.

Gary

Old 04-08-2009, 09:56 PM

I completely understand the F&F "little man's complex" I see it all the time. I'll be bringing a friend in the fall with his S2000, so you won't be the only outsider present.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 627 Likes on 428 Posts

Eric & Travis,
I am glad you guys came through this without worse injuries.
The crash as you described it sounds really scary and I can't imagine what must have been running through your mind during all this.
This might be the last pic of Eric and his Crossfire together but as long as we still have you guys we can all take a breath.
Wishing you both a full recovery and I am very saddened to hear of all this.
My thoughts are with you guys and please keep us all posted in the days to come

Eric - Fayetteville, NC - '05 Black SRT6

Last edited by Valk; 04-08-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
Eric & Travis,
I am glad you guys came through this without worse injuries.
The crash as you described it sounds really scary and I can't imagine what must have been running through your mind during all this.
This might be the last pic of Eric and his Crossfire together but as long as we still have you guys we can all take a breath.
Wishing you both a full recovery and I am very saddened to hear of all this.
My thoughts are with you guys and please keep us all posted in the days to come

Eric - Fayetteville, NC - '05 Black SRT6

How about a moment of silence for this beautiful car

Old 04-09-2009, 06:22 AM

Eric, glad to hear you guys are recovering well, so sorry to hear about the accident. See you in the fall.

And unless you do some serious mods, you will be in this base coupe's dust :-)

Old 04-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Forum Regular

Debby and I are glad to hear that the two of you survived the crash. If there is anything we can do let us know. We wish you both a speedy recovery.

Deb & Kell

P.S. In my book it cool of you to join us on the Fall Dragon.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
XFire owners never leave a fellow owner stranded on the road!

So, ITSKY, did you buy tires before or along the return trip to CO?
Yep, bought two new General's and got an alignment on the front in St. Louis on Tuesday.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:03 AM

Well, I made it home last night at 9:30PM MDT without any issues at all. The total mileage for getting there and back was 3,190 miles. What a trip. I got to visit family, meet new and wonderful XF owners, slayed the Dragon, replaced two tires, and had an outstanding time! Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet - April 3, 4, 5