Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet - April 3, 4, 5

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

Originally Posted by danimal
Kell, I have the camera....it was left sitting on the table in the lobby. I thought it might be from the wedding but didn't see you again to give it to you. It looks like 6 or 7 shots may be on it. If you will PM me your address I will get it sent out tomorrow. And congrats to you both, it was a beautiful ceremony.

Awesome, I'm glad to hear you have the camera. We were a little worried that we may have missed out on some great pictures.

We are both very happy that you were there sharing our special moment.

Kell

Last edited by shark067; 04-11-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Forum Regular
Default re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

Hey Everyone, this is Debby, Kell's other half . It was a pleasure meeting you all and I look so forward seeing everyone again. If anyone has pictures they want to share with us, you can send them to shark067@yahoo.com. We took alot of pictures too and will post them so everyone can enjoy them.

Mrs. Shark

Old 04-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Here are a few I would like to share...

Old 04-06-2009, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
Scott,
Thanks for posting the links.
I just got home and was gonna find these.
Remember to use the promo code on the card provided to you at the Dragon meet this weekend for 20% off you photo purchases.

Gary
Oops, forgot to mention that. Thanks again Gary for all of your hard work that made everything so enjoyable for the rest of us!

Halloween should be beautiful, I will sign up soon

The video is fantastic! hope to post in a day or so.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts

Just reporting in.

Itsky and I got back to St Louis OK this evening. Cathy is somewhere in eastern PA.

Pulled in about 6:15 PM and he had new tires on at about 6:45PM

They will do his alignment in the AM and my rear tires sometime tomorrow.

He will be on his way to CO in the morning, hardly a blip on his schedule.

Rained the whole day.

roadster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 04-07-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by DMS Xfire
This was our first rally of any kind and we cannot thank everyone enough for making it such a success.
Both Diane and myself enjoyed every minute and greatly appreaciated the warm welcome you gave to all who attended.
Mr Hands I truly enjoyed our ride Saturday over the hill, like you if you can bottle and sell it that we would be rich. you can find your great pictures of that at moonshinephoto.com.
I am glad hear everyone made it home ok. and thanks James & Tammi for a wonderful tour of the valley.
I think we both were driving it fast, with you back there, it made me push it even more. Hanging right with me , At every straight away i looked back and there you were. Not too bad for a couple of old dudes a. And the really cool thing about it is IT CAN!!!! BE DRIVEN FASTER , My car never once felt out of control so theres more room to go faster . The real question is just how far, and in thoses hills thats the question. I felt like a little kid after that ride, Hope you enjoyed it as much as i did and maybe next time we can push it alittle harder. Thanks for the web that had thoses pics i believe that was early in the run. Kathy recorded that run and i look forward to seeing it, Hope to post it on here if i can, Well till next
Thanks Again
Mike and Kathy

Old 04-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shark067
Hey Everyone, this is Debby, Kell's other half . It was a pleasure meeting you all and I look so forward seeing everyone again. If anyone has pictures they want to share with us, you can send them to shark067@yahoo.com. We took alot of pictures too and will post them so everyone can enjoy them.

Mrs. Shark
Debby, I have a couple of digital ones in my gallery in the Spring 2009 Tail of the Dragon album (https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle....php?cat=1317). If you are interested in the full resolution pics, let me know and I will email them to you.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Just reporting in.

Itsky and I got back to St Louis OK this evening. Cathy is somewhere in eastern PA.

Pulled in about 6:15 PM and he had new tires on at about 6:45PM

They will do his alignment in the AM and my rear tires sometime tomorrow.

He will be on his way to CO inthe morning, hardly a blip on his schedule.

Rained the whole day.

roadster with a stick
Franc it was great riding along with you today back to St. Louis. I'll see you in the morning for breakfast.

Last edited by itsky; 04-06-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Franc, glad you and Itsky made it in with no more tire problems. Itsky, enjoyed running the Dragon with you on Sunday morning. Drive safely on the trip back to Denver and I hope to see you in the fall.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:20 PM

OK, I got the 1st video so I can show it to you, it is small, but its the whole run of the dragon that I did with Itsky Sunday just before noon (he was behind me all of the way)

http://scottandvirginia.gotdns.org:4...agon_run_3.mov

I need to compile it larger I know sorry, the original quality is DVD Digital.

Last edited by Scottw60; 04-06-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Guys,

I got home around 5:30 P.M. EST and had no weather issues at all. If I had left at 8 in the morning like i had planned instead of hanging around eating breakfast, I would have been in the middle of a world of S***. The storm stayed about a hour in front of me and I never saw a drop. But the weather was nasty ahead of me. I came home to find all kinds of fresh storm damage and hail damage that had passed through just an hour before. Guess I'll be writing a bunch of hail and tree damage estimates this week at work.

It was a great weekend. The roads were of course a little congested, but still managed to have a good time. I'll see you all in the fall.

Jane, thanks for letting me tag along and I'll work on the smoking thing...

Franc, Cathy, Jane, you all rock! I can't wait to see you all again soon.

I'm dead beat tired, and I'll write more tomorrow evening when I get home.

Thanks To Valk for all the hard work as usual!

Old 04-06-2009, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
Hey Guys,

I got home around 5:30 P.M. EST and had no weather issues at all. If I had left at 8 in the morning like i had planned instead of hanging around eating breakfast, I would have been in the middle of a world of S***.
I'm glad that you had breakfast with us and made it home ok.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:29 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 627 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottw60
OK, I got the 1st video so I can show it to you, it is small, but its the whole run of the dragon that I did with Itsky Sunday just before noon (he was behind me all of the way)

http://scottandvirginia.gotdns.org:4...agon_run_3.mov

I need to compile it larger I know sorry, the original quality is DVD Digital.
Scott,
I want to buy a video DVD from you once you have it finished.
Nice work and thank you so much for taking the time to set up the cameras and editing the footage.

Gary

Old 04-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear everyone made it home safe and sound.

And no major incidents @ the Dragon.

Sounds like a good time was had by all

Old 04-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Forum Regular

Good to hear that everyone is getting home safe and sound.

Jane, we want to thank you personally for all you did for Debby and I. We will never forget everything you did for us.

Gary, thank you too for allowing us to have our day at the Meet. Without you we would have never been able to do it there.

A special thanks to Franc and Cathy, and Eric and Ruth for standing up for us. Just having you at our sides words can't describe what we feel. Thank you so much.

Kell n Debby

Old 04-07-2009, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Hands
I think we both were driving it fast, with you back there, it made me push it even more. Hanging right with me , At every straight away i looked back and there you were. Not too bad for a couple of old dudes a. And the really cool thing about it is IT CAN!!!! BE DRIVEN FASTER , My car never once felt out of control so theres more room to go faster . The real question is just how far, and in thoses hills thats the question. I felt like a little kid after that ride, Hope you enjoyed it as much as i did and maybe next time we can push it alittle harder. Thanks for the web that had thoses pics i believe that was early in the run. Kathy recorded that run and i look forward to seeing it, Hope to post it on here if i can, Well till next
Thanks Again
Mike and Kathy
One other thing DMS , that i thought was kinda cool.. When James pulled off right before we entered the Dragon and said he was going to take it slow and for us to go ahead. i nailed it as we left to see if i had any takers that wanted to drive it with me , then slowed to see if there was any body who followed, I just thought it was cool
Thanks Again
Mike and kathy

Last edited by Hands; 04-07-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello All Susan and I are in Gatlinburg Tn ' we came over Mon. and we have about 4 in of snow on the ground today , funny one day had close to 90 deg and next snow . we will be heading home thur. Was great meeting new faces and seeing old one .Hands great to meet you and glad to know sombody came from Kentucky . For group we road with coming down 75 with that was alot fun untill the van almost got me in knoxville. Sunday group was a great time really nice day . Valk what a great job you did with all of us . Tex thanks for the name tags good meeting you and your better half. Old Doc always good seeing you and the other Doc Jane . Sat Susan and I went on are own and Did the loop i can say we push are Crossfire to the Max Susan even said keep pushing it and i did ,we even ran into yhe fast group ,That good for us .We made it back to Lodge about 4;30 that day and had beer early . WHAT GREAT WEEKEND !!!!!!! Look forward to the FALL MEET ! Thanks to all Ray & Susan Cameron

Last edited by Osofast2; 04-07-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Osofast2
Hello All Susan and I are in Gatlinburg Tn ' we came over Mon. and we we have about 4 in of snow on the ground today , funny one day had close to 90 deg and next snow . we will be heading home thur. Was great meeting new faces and seeing old one .Hands great to meet you and glad to know sombody came from Kentucky . For group we road with coming down 75 with that was alot fun untill the van almost got me in knoxville. Sunday group was a great time really nice day . Valk what a great job you did with all of us . Tex thanks for the name tags good meeting you and your better half. Old Doc always good seeing you and the other Doc Jane . Sat Susan and I went on are own and Did the loop i can say we push are Crossfire to the Max Susan even said keep pushing it and i did ,we even ran into yhe fast group ,That good for us .We made it back to Lodge about 4;30 that day and had beer early . WHAT GREAT WEEKEND !!!!!!! Look forward to the FALL MEET ! Thanks to all Ray & Susan Cameron
All us ridge runners need to stick togather and great meeting you guys
Thanks
Mike and Kathy

Old 04-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts

Cathy got into Norwich CT about 2:30 AM this morning. Tried to talk her through Jersey, NY and CT but I fell asleep on the phone. I couldn't stay awake. I'm cozy in a warm bed with a purring cat on my feet. Z's are inevatable. She was driving an SRT!

She pulled into the kids place and fell asleep in the car. They woke her about 4:30, when they got up.

I don't know why she was so tired, only 1,050 miles.
In one shot!

That is one determined grandma.

Anyway, everyone is safe, home and happy. Another great Dragon.

LET'S DO IT AGAIN!

roadster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 04-08-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Cathy got into Norwich CT about 2:30 AM this morning. Tried to talk her through Jersey, NY and CT but I fell asleep on the phone. I couldn't stay awake. I'm cozy in a warm bed with a purring cat on my feet. Z's are inevatable. She was driving and SRT!

She pulled into the kids place and fell asleep in the car. They woke her about 4:30, when they got up.

I don't know why she was so tired, only 1,050 miles.
In one shot!

That is one determined grandma.

Anyway, everyone is safe, home and happy. Another great Dragon.

LET'S DO IT AGAIN!

roadster with a stick
Go Cathy Go
AKA Crumpy

Quick Reply: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet - April 3, 4, 5