Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet - April 3, 4, 5

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 05:46 AM
Forum Regular
Location: Colborne Ontario, Orlando FL. (winter) Haliburton Ont. (summer)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

Glad you made it home. It's that time of year when mother nature decides to throw us a curve. Crappy morning here no snow but lots of wind and rain.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

Valk/Gary- before I forget a huge thank you from Gary and I. You put extra personal effort into this meet it was so nice. I think we are a little shell shocked over the abrupt end and surreal drive/weather. We need a day or so to realize it's over and there is no more fun to have I had really wanted to get names and pictures so I could keep everyone straight, didn't happen. The rain and snow did remove all of the dead bugs. Guess that is good.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:01 AM

Glad everyone made it home safely, me and Molly rolled into Indy at about 8:30. My first dragon was a success and I do not believe I will miss another one... ever. Thanks to Gary and everyone else who made it a wonderful weekend. It was so very nice to meet everyone and I will be anxiously awaiting another turn on the dragon in several months.

Does anyone know the URLs for all the guys shooting pics on the dragon?? It looked like there were a few different ones out there. Thanks everyone.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:37 AM

I've tried to upload photos, but nothing happens so far. I'll try again later.
Kell and Debbie- can you set up a yahoo email so we can send you the files/photos all of us have of your wedding and reception? It was so touching I'd like to get them to you. James I really enjoyed having the chance meet you. Kurts- you need to move closer so you can attend more things, I hardly talked with either of you. Scott you sensitive guy you chain saws and all- glad you made it. Eric- your the man! Driving for days just to spend time with everyone. Tom/Tom2112 send me your address-drinking and being responsible don't go together- I've got your mug. It was there the whole time-duh, even wrote your name on it too. Where is Judi??????? No cell phone either, please check in when your able. Lisa got home, Harbor/Jim and Karen trust you did as well. It's still snowing here which just sucks. Leaving was the right choice.
Can next spring be a few weeks later?? Paying more is not a problem- snow and rain storms are.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a great Dragon! Thanks to Gary and all the others involved in planning and working to make this the best one ever.It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones.Wish I had time to meet more of you.Thanks again to Jane for leading a large and safe aggressive group drive on Saturday, and to all in that group for a wonderful day. A special thanks to Max for working out the problems with my HID lighting.Tom I enjoyed running the Dragon with you on Sunday morning. That was great fun!To any of you reading that have never been to this event, if you love your Crossfire and enjoy meeting people that are just as passionate about their cars as you are, you have got to come to the Dragon. Hope to see you all in the fall.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:08 AM

does anybody know where i can get the best deal on the sprint booster

Old 04-06-2009, 09:49 AM

VERY glad to hear that all the Michiganer's made it back home safely!
That is precisely why we bailed so early yesterday. We got very lucky!!

Frank, that's spooky driving even if you're NOT in a Crossfire. I'll bet you had to peel your hands off of the steering wheel when you finally made it home. And I'm NOT joking.

Ann, your pics. of the rain look exactly like the weather we drove through in Indy. Love the pics. of the roadster with snow packed in the lower grill. Ay caramba! Slushy heavy snow sucks to drive through!

Side note to Ann (& Gary) re: multiple husbands. I remember reading somewhere (Discover mag., I think) that ALL women always have 'alternative' mates lined up just in case the primary nest maintenance person (Gary) should suddenly keel over. Biologically speaking, since women are primarily responsible for the survival of the human race (after all, if child birth was left up to men the race would've died out tens of thousands of years ago: "you want me to push out a bowling ball through what?!") that, subconsciously, they have to have a back up plan.
So, don't worry, it's natural !

Jeff, it was GREAT meeting you, too! Sorry to see that you're supposed to be getting some of this crappy weather today.

Gary, if you're kinda looking forward to driving in the snow then your definition of fun & mine vary greatly !

Once again, this was more fun that humans should be allowed to have in the course of one short weekend! Everyone including Franc & Cathy, Kelly & Deb, Jay, Max, Tom..........jeez, the list is endless........heck, ALL of you were a pleasure to meet & too short of a time spent knowing.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:03 AM

hey me and ashley had a great time. Well she says that now lol. she didnt feel so hot when we were on the dragon or well i guess any of the turns lol. but thanks to everyone. we had so much fun. thank you dan, joanna, allen, kim, and trey and everyone else for letting us drive up there with you guys and everything. THANKS see you all next time for sure. well maybe not ashley she said i might have to bring my lil brother lol.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:18 AM

Thanks to Gary and everyone else that made this meetup to happen. It was so well organized and I think everything was just perfect.
Just a small incident that made me and my gal sad was that she realized she lost her lovely ring somewhere. In case anyone found a "Small 22kt gold ring with a gray stone(cat stone)" that would make her happy again.
Cheers.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Forum Regular

Hi All,
What a wonderful weekend....thanks to all of you for making it so great. It was just a perfect time and Gary you did a fabulous job putting everything together...I do think it will just keep growing each year...just don't think I can handle the dragon but I can still come in the back way...James you did a perfect job each time leading us and that waterfall was spectacular. Thanks again for fixing my light. Judi

Old 04-06-2009, 11:58 AM

Please be careful it's still bad out there:

Severe Storm Threat in East Coast
4/6/2009 5:02 AM
By Randy Adkins
AccuWeather.com

Strong-to-severe thunderstorms are striking the Atlantic Seaboard today. Communities from Philadelphia on south to Charleston, S.C., and Savannah, Ga., will be under the gun for the potential of damaging winds, hail and even an isolated tornado.
This system has a history of severe weather, with numerous hail and damaging wind reports on Sunday and Sunday night in the Ohio Valley. Similar incidents are now being reported in the Carolinas and eastern Virginia.
While not expected to be a major producer of tornadoes, even one weak tornado can pose destructive and deadly consequences. Take cover immediately if any warnings are issued for your area and stay away from windows.
Torrential downpours can reduce visibility as well as cause flash flooding problems, especially in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
Southern Georgia and northern Florida will especially be prone to flooding due to the recent heavy rainfall in the region. Flooding problems are a concern in northern New England as well due to the rain and melting snow.
In the wake of the severe weather today, a blast of cold air will deliver a feel of February for much of the South and the East.

It's still snowing here in the Detroit area at 2:00 pm

Last edited by Rapps; 04-06-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:11 PM

Got home at noon today, rain in Cinci, and rain/ snow mix in Indy. Got into Chicago with dry pavement and some sunshine- 42 degrees. Had a great week end, nice to meet some new people and spend some time with members from last year. A big thanks to Gary, great job on the whole event. Lisa keep the BBQ going, Jane a great leader, and Max for the schooling. Se you all in the fall.

Scott

Old 04-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Forum Regular

Greetings to all. Debby and I want to thank everyone who were able to attended our wedding ceremony. It truly made our day extra special by having you there sharing this special moment with us. We never dreamt' we had such a great extended family. We will cherish this for the rest of our lives.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Very glad to hear all have arrived home safely. Daniela and I rolled in exactly at midnight and beat the bad weather. We want to thank everyone for making our first Dragon so much fun.......it won't be our last! Really great putting faces to names and making so many new friends. Gary did a great job of keeping the thread going to make this event so successful, thanks again for your leadership! Lisa, Ill bet your babies are thrilled to see you, (Booo won't let me out his sight today)! Woody, thanks for you advise and Max, I won't forget I still owe you! Hope to see you all at Woodward in August.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Folks, we're really sorry we missed the nuptials. Tina and I hope only the finest and best for your future life together.

Many happy returns!

Originally Posted by shark067
Greetings to all. Debby and I want to thank everyone who were able to attended our wedding ceremony. It truly made our day extra special by having you there sharing this special moment with us. We never dreamt' we had such a great extended family. We will cherish this for the rest of our lives.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Forum Regular

Hi to all you Dragon Slayers.

I made it home at 2:30 PM today. I left the hotel at 6:30 AM at dark and left the dragon at dawn. What an experience to have him all to myself, using my new found autostix skills to weave my way about him.

I, too, had a great weekend. Many thanks to Gary for keeping this event going. Lisa, thanks for the BBQ as I loved being together with everyone without having to make reservations.

To Franc and Kathy, I can't thank you enough for helping me concur the fear of the autostix. Hard to believe I have been driving the car without. And many thanks to you, Franc, for getting in the car with me. That is called shear bravery. But, I felt good and appreciated your guidance.

To Pat Fink, may you explore our world with your Crossfire. And, please wash my car!! Jay, may you not get in trouble squealing your supercharger and please, stop smoking for me. James, many thanks for the sticker. Ann Rapp, so glad you tamed the dragon and hope you'll do it some more. You don't get sick when you are the driver.

And now to all my friends that followed me through the loop, it has been my pleasure to guide you through. You all were great and I appreciated the opportunity to get to know you. Next time, I'm going to take you on a detour and find that beautiful waterfall. Then, we'll have ice cream.

Till we meet again,
Jane

Old 04-06-2009, 02:48 PM

We got home safely, got pulled over by a VA **** doing 80 in a 65, but thanks to the love of God (and possibly Crossfires!), he did NOT give me a ticket! I have long since used up all of my "get out of jail - free!" cards, so I am extremely thankful. The weather wasn't that bad for the rode home, and was positively scrumptious for the the weekend.

I have some great video (from the times when I actually remembered to turn the darn thing on), and the 1st time we all slayed the Dragon on Saturday (1st Medium group led by Valk), the camera drooped down a bit, but it is all still very watchable. Looks like about 2 hours of video. I will post some parts on you tube so you can see what it looks like, and then I can press DVD's for those that want a copy. I will have to charge a little to cover some expenses, but will keep it under $10 each. More details to follow.

It was nice meeting everyone for the 1st time, I know that we have names and faces screwed up, but we will try to fix all of that next time.

God bless

Scott & Virginia

Old 04-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Jane, it was very nice to see you again-it always is!
I noticed you omitted me from the "please stop smoking" list and I just thought I would let you know that I picked up my Chantix 'scrip this morning! For BOTH of us.
That AutoStick is a whole lotta' fun, ain't it? Us poor folk with limiteds NEED to keep the rpm's up to slay the dragon properly. With that extra 110 HP, you can get away with it. It's probably the reason no one wants to be behind me-they never see brake lights! Kinda' spooky having a car dang near stop in front of you with no warning.

Hope to see you this fall and be able to stand straight!

Later!

Originally Posted by JaneBridges
Hi to all you Dragon Slayers.

I made it home at 2:30 PM today. I left the hotel at 6:30 AM at dark and left the dragon at dawn. What an experience to have him all to myself, using my new found autostix skills to weave my way about him.

I, too, had a great weekend. Many thanks to Gary for keeping this event going. Lisa, thanks for the BBQ as I loved being together with everyone without having to make reservations.

To Franc and Kathy, I can't thank you enough for helping me concur the fear of the autostix. Hard to believe I have been driving the car without. And many thanks to you, Franc, for getting in the car with me. That is called shear bravery. But, I felt good and appreciated your guidance.

To Pat Fink, may you explore our world with your Crossfire. And, please wash my car!! Jay, may you not get in trouble squealing your supercharger and please, stop smoking for me. James, many thanks for the sticker. Ann Rapp, so glad you tamed the dragon and hope you'll do it some more. You don't get sick when you are the driver.

And now to all my friends that followed me through the loop, it has been my pleasure to guide you through. You all were great and I appreciated the opportunity to get to know you. Next time, I'm going to take you on a detour and find that beautiful waterfall. Then, we'll have ice cream.

Till we meet again,
Jane

Old 04-06-2009, 02:59 PM

Glad to hear most if not all seem to have made it home safe. While the lure was to be with Kell and Deb for their monumental step of togetherness, both Ruth and I truly enjoyed the experience; for our first time, yest there will be more, iit was a great time.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Hey Guys/Gals,

Tammi and I got home today (Monday) in Cincinnati about 5:15 pm. Mostly rain coming home, lots of fog/flurries in the higher elevations in the mountains. Traffic was good and always moving.

Thanks to Gary and EVERYONE that made the weekend a great time. This entire group works like spokes on a Crossfire wheel! Doing things like this with everyone adds so much more than just owning a "car".

Now to sort through the pics and get them posted.

It was great to see everyone again, and to meet the new faces as well. Hope to see everyone in Woodward.

Thanks to all for a great event, James

Quick Reply: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet - April 3, 4, 5