Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet - April 3, 4, 5

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

Hey guys guess what. I can't go. (not that any of you knew me anyways). My lovely EX girlfriend has bailed and i cannot afford both the 100$ in gas and 150$ in room fee's.

I just found this out yesturday. to say the least i'm am very very mad about it. If I had a crossfire i'd probably be livid. haha
I had saved up enough money for me and her to split everything.

women. I'm too young for this drama.

i'm truly sorry to have wasted your time gary

Old 04-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts
Default re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

Cathy and I made it in. 1:30 AM Friday.

I"m wet, my shoes are wet, my butt's wet, the air is wet. I don't think I'm ever going to get dry.
plugging a tire in a wild rainstorm is a b!tch.
Hot shower and a pillow for me.
Cathy can fend for herself.

See you guys in the morning.

roadster with a wet stick and a flat

Old 04-03-2009, 12:57 AM

Did the Dragon for the first time!

...at 1 AM in the pooring rain
...hugged the curves in 2nd and 3rd
...Franc couldn't get away, I was right on his butt!

WOW! What a ride!!!

...oh, yeah...no break dust either.

Coupe with an Autostick...SRT's ROCK!

Old 04-03-2009, 04:58 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 627 Likes on 428 Posts

Franc, Cathy
Just glad you made it
It sounds like a trip not soon forgotten although any trip to the dragon is never forgotten.
Hope you dry out by the time we arrive around 1-2 this afternoon.

See ya, Gary

Old 04-03-2009, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by frostyflax17
Hey guys guess what. I can't go. (not that any of you knew me anyways). My lovely EX girlfriend has bailed and i cannot afford both the 100$ in gas and 150$ in room fee's.

I just found this out yesturday. to say the least i'm am very very mad about it. If I had a crossfire i'd probably be livid. haha
I had saved up enough money for me and her to split everything.

women. I'm too young for this drama.

i'm truly sorry to have wasted your time gary
Cory,
Sorry to hear the news.
You didn't waste my time buddy I love this thing and will continue to plan them twice a year so save you $$ for the HALLOWEEN weekend FALL MEET

Gary

Old 04-03-2009, 07:08 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Tina and I will leave in a few minutes and pick Uncle O up in LaGrange,GA and will be taking the back roads through the rest of the state. Expect arrival at the lodge ~ 2-3 local time.

See y'all soon!

Old 04-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey all,

Just wanted to wish everyone a safe journey and a hope you all have a great time in the mountains.

Just got back in the country yesterday so alas, I will of course not be there...again. much to my disappointment.

See you all next week. Enjoy yourselves and be safe.

God speed.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Hey folks, just arrived! Rainy trip up from Pompano and the skies are very overcast right now, slight sprinkles every now and then. Saturday promises sunny and 70 degrees. Hwy 28 is a lot of fun, wish all could experience this. Two SSB Roadsters in the parking lot and one blue coupe so far!

Old 04-03-2009, 04:30 PM

We are here, managed to meet up with all the folks coming up from the south in Asheville VA, I have some storys to tell about that trip, but it was uneventful, all 9 xfires arrive at the lodge a little after 3

Old 04-03-2009, 05:18 PM

Just finished waxing and shining up the roadster. See you guys in the morning.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:59 PM

Wow What can I say ......
We have 48 Crossfires here and a great bunch of people to spend the weekend with.It's late and the party continues in the lobby here at the lodge.Tomorrow calls for good weather for our run and photo shoot as well.
Keep an eye here for updates from some of us with PC's

I am overwhelmed with the responses I have received from so many great folks.

Thanks to everyone who is here for a wonderful time so far

Old 04-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all, I will be driving up Saturday morning and hope to stay over Saturday night. Looking foward to seeing everyone tomorrow. We were blessed with our first grandchild, Jackson Lee Cannon, on Thursday and it was touch and go for a while if I would be able to come. Linda won't be able to make it as she is assisting the new mother. See ya tomorrow!

Old 04-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope everybody has a blast tomorrow, (I have no doubts everybody will). I had to cancel at the last minute due to a sinus infection I just can't seem to shake, it seems like I've had it forever. Lost my room deposit and everything, but my biggest regret is missing out on all the fun and getting together with old friends and making some new ones.
Take care, and watch out for Danimal, (you never know what he's going do or say next).

Old 04-04-2009, 06:20 AM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by +fireamx
I hope everybody has a blast tomorrow, (I have no doubts everybody will). I had to cancel at the last minute due to a sinus infection I just can't seem to shake, it seems like I've had it forever. Lost my room deposit and everything, but my biggest regret is missing out on all the fun and getting together with old friends and making some new ones.
Take care, and watch out for Danimal, (you never know what he's going do or say next).
We miss ya Mike! I've had lots of people asking about you and wanting to see under that hood. I'm not sure how I ended up being your representative, but its fun making up wild stories about what you're hiding under that scoop.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:16 PM

Hey hello to everyone!!

Valk/Gary asked me to post about what a great time everyone is having here. In fact today we had a long drive and ended up at this amazing water fall. Check out the gallery for the pictures that James took, he did a great job. What an excellent trip so far. The BBQ was so nice and Kell's wedding was sincerely touching. Weather has been wonderful. No problems with the cars, long lines of Crossfires everywhere. Went to lunch and a Alabaster Coupe came into the lot. He lived in the area had never seen another XF there before, imagin his surprise to see 40+ parked there.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:28 PM

Bob we miss you, no one getting in trouble, everyone being nice and helpful, it's starting to ruin the whole trip.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:55 PM

Cool spot James...
Everyone has crashed for the night but I was just checking through the galleries and found this awesome pic.

Bald River Falls

Old 04-04-2009, 11:14 PM

This morning I took a photo of each person standing beside their Crossfire at the Fontana Dam Photo shoot with US129.com there also taking the professional photos.
We all had a a great time lining up all 54 Crossfires after driving ALL in a single continuous line the 3 miles from the lodge to the Dam.
What a sight that was alone 54 Crossfires all together on one road in one line !!!
Franc Rauscher blocked the road where we exit the lodge property and Shark067 blocked on intersection to allow us to stay together.
Many pics to come I assure you.
This thread and the galleries should be filling up over the next week with all kinds of pics.
A lot of digital cameras have been out at this meet.
Sunny and 70 degrees allowed ALL roadsters to enjoy top down cruising.
Tomorrow a trip through the smokies for some and others new to the meet will tear up the 11 miles /318 curves on the dragon and wear down some tires while doing so.

The BBQ was great as well and many pics of that to be posted once I get home.

If ya didn't make this one ...no worry as I have already signed a contract for Halloween weekend for a block of 40 rooms at $74.25+tax.

I will start a thread in a week or so to begin the sign up list once again

Gary

Old 04-05-2009, 05:50 AM
Forum Regular
Location: Colborne Ontario, Orlando FL. (winter) Haliburton Ont. (summer)

Originally Posted by Rapp's yellow CF
Bob we miss you, no one getting in trouble, everyone being nice and helpful, it's starting to ruin the whole trip.
What you Frank and Dan mellowing out on me? Glad everyone is having a good time. Drive safe coming home. The weather is not supposed to be good. Terrible weekend here. Rain,snow ice pellets and high winds.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Forum Regular

I just made it home safe and sound.

It was a fabulous weekend, and it was great seeing old friends and making new ones.

My thanks to Gary for all his hard work for putting this together, and also thanks to Lisa for all of her hard work to give all of us a nice BBQ. Also, thanks to Jane for once again playing "fearless leader", and to Max for all his hard work helping us do parking lot mods and showing us just how much smoke Gary's rear tires can produce.

Also, special thanks to the states of TN and NC DOT's for maintaining an immaculately paved roller coaster of a road, and to their respective law enforcement communities for not being kill joys.

Quick Reply: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet - April 3, 4, 5