Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet - April 3, 4, 5

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

Originally Posted by Kurts
Or, even better yet, we can get all liquored-up......
Okay Kurts, now your talkin' !!! Looking forward to meeting you.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

..Or, we could make fun of Illinois
Never been a party that couldn't be made better by the addition of a Cheesehead or two. Looking forward to meeting you.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapp's yellow CF
I am willing to help, time is a factor, while 3 weeks may seem like enough, lets see first what my supplier can get and what embroidery files are available.
I own 4 designs/files, the basic Roadster or Coupe with the word -C-R-O-S-S-F-I-R-E under them, another is the oval with one of the cars over, the other under the same word. The last is an Woodward Dream Cruise design. I don't have an SRT 6 logo design/file which I believe is the p roblem members have had. Shirt a Day did not work this out? If anyone has info please PM me or tom2112.
I'm working on getting items (shirts, hats, jackets and bags/totes) for embroidery work on my site. The selection to choose from is very good, even these with a car theme of sorts-

Did some checking today. The main problem for the SRT 6 folks is the logo. I think tom2112 has worked hard to get it, I'll talk with him. If you have a SRT 6 logo of your own making that would help. I know you want the "offiical one" though, not to mention the old one or the new one debate as well.
Setting that aside the next problem is time. It can seem like there is plenty, but things that need to be done, like digitizing, are hired out (someone elses time) so.............

a NON SRT 6 polo ready for the Dragon is much more likely and I believe Shirt A Day was offering some products. I'd be glad to jump in but in fairness to them, I can't just blow them off (nice guys are finishing last here) I will keep working on it, but if Shirt A Day has what you want, go ahead and support them with an order, then BUY a mug from me!!!

When my shirts are ready I'll post it and you can choose. I personally like my embroidered interpretation of the Roadster better than theirs, but thats an opinion and you know what is said about those.

I will have jackets, tees, polos, hats and totes/bags. Get a bag, you will have a place to carry your mug while your in your XF Tee shirt and jacket wearing your FX hat.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 626 Likes on 427 Posts

OK I'm happy to announce that we have planned a SATURDAY NIGHT BBQ !!!
The idea was mentioned by a few at the fall meet last year.
We have been doing a great deal of planning to make this happen for all the folks attending.
I have made arrangements with the Fontana Lodge to have use of a very big Charcoal Griil
and also a indoor dining area on the lodge property called "The Chestnut Room"
We plan to grill Hamburgers and Hot Dogs for EVERYONE.
We also will have some Veggie Burgers for our Vegetarian members.
We will also be providing some sides and of course all the condiments.
Regular and Diet Soft Drinks will also be provided...... BYOB

I'm also pleased to announce that some of the costs for this BBQ are being funded by CICCI.
CICCI wanted to sponsor part of our weekend event and together we agreed that a Crossfire BBQ night was just the thing to bring us together and have some fun without our cars.
I look forward to having everyone attend and I'm certain it will be a great evening.

A $$ Donation box will be at the BBQ and we welcome any donations for this event

Last edited by Valk; 03-06-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Sounds GREAT! Nice job!

Old 03-07-2009, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
And seeing as how my roadster will eat your lunch on the twisties, you might as well just park 'em.
Franc, you dreamer you!

Old 03-07-2009, 11:47 AM

Thanks, everyone!

I'm seriously pumped for this little excursion.
Besides, giant snow storm is getting ready to whack us tomorrow & again on Tuesday.
Ask me how anxious we are to GET THE HECK OUTTA HERE!!

Old 03-07-2009, 12:18 PM

Heavy rain here in Detroit area today. Reminds me of a certain storm last year.....

Tom2112 and I talked about the SRT 6 polos. He is working towards getting some in time for the Spring Dragon. If you have an interest please PM Tom ASAP.

ATTENTION all bakers and people of good will---
Can any of you make a few dozen cookies for the BBQ? The real issue becomes who drives a coupe or a roadster. Coupes can bring two dozen where as roadsters can bring two cookies

Old 03-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Heavy rain here in Detroit area today. Reminds me of a certain storm last year.....

Tom2112 and I talked about the SRT 6 polos. He is working towards getting some in time for the Spring Dragon. If you have an interest please PM Tom ASAP.

Can any of you make a few dozen cookies for the BBQ? The real issue becomes who drives a coupe or a roadster. Coupes can bring two dozen where as roadsters can bring two cookies

I'm doing all I can about the weather! Equipment breaks down, 'ya know.

We'll bring our 2 cookies. Famous Amos OK?

Old 03-07-2009, 03:26 PM

The missus is capable of baking up a storm & she'll commit to bringing a couple of dozen. What do you folks prefer? Her oatmeal & raisin cookies are faves but she's not a slouch when it comes to chocolate chip.
Or peanut butter.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:48 PM

I vote for "Chocolate Sirloin Beer Martini" Cookies

Old 03-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Rv Xfire08

Awsome Gary,May I bring my FAV. home made RUM CAKE???? I will make room in the coupe for it.Just hope Allen does not eat it on the way and have to keep Dan away from it lol And hope we do get stoped by the police as the crossfire will smell of rum lol.I think most will like it.lol

Old 03-07-2009, 04:13 PM

The missus is capable of baking up a storm & she'll commit to bringing a couple of dozen. What do you folks prefer? Her oatmeal & raisin cookies are faves but she's not a slouch when it comes to chocolate chip.
Or peanut butter.
Peanut Butter cookies. Mmmmmmm.

They don't know what they are down here!

Is this another "Northerner Thing"?

Old 03-07-2009, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rv Xfire08
Awsome Gary,May I bring my FAV. home made RUM CAKE???? I will make room in the coupe for it.Just hope Allen does not eat it on the way and have to keep Dan away from it lol And hope we do get stoped by the police as the crossfire will smell of rum lol.I think most will like it.lol
Oh Ya, bring the Rum Cake Sweetheart ! ! !
Heck bring two

Old 03-07-2009, 04:40 PM

Or peanut butter.
They all sound good
Bake up a storm and make em all...LOL

Old 03-07-2009, 05:47 PM

PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS AT THE DRAGON !!

I just got off the phone with Dave (owner) of US129.com
They were the ones that took all our photographs last fall and made them available to purchase on their website.

I am pleased to announce that they will be back again to do our photo shoot at the Fontana Dam on Saturday morning from 10:00 until we leave for our run ([approx 11:30)
They will be taking group shots of our cars and of us as a group.
They will also be taking individual shots with you and your Crossfire if desired.

And how cool is this.....
They will be present at 5:00 back at the lodge to cover our BBQ Saturday night !!
That's right photos at the BBQ and joining us for some dinner off the grill !!!

And as always they will be capturing us on the turns on the Dragon throughout the weekend and posting all of our pics on a designated link for
"The Crossfire Group" on their website.
A Discount code will be made available for purchases of photos from their website.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:26 AM

They all sound good
Bake up a storm and make em all...LOL

Max, Gary.....consider it done!

Now THAT's disgusting!!

Old 03-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Rv Xfire08

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
Oh Ya, bring the Rum Cake Sweetheart ! ! !
Heck bring two
Ok you got it!!!!

Old 03-08-2009, 08:54 PM

Now THAT's disgusting!!
I have a recipe for that!

It's Southerner thing!

Old 03-08-2009, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by maxcichon

OK what kind of Americans are living "down there"? Peanuts are grown in the South, shoot Jimmy Carter not only grows them, he's a Southerner and he looks like the Mr. Peanut guy on the jar. Next thing you will be saying is marshmallow bars are a Northerner thing too or Coney dogs.

Spent all of today on these, any color in Roadster or Coupe.............

Last edited by Rapps; 03-08-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Quick Reply: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet - April 3, 4, 5