Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet - April 3, 4, 5

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

Originally Posted by danimal
For those coming from the extreme southeast....please check the Southeast Forum. It looks like we have a pretty good plan in place for the trip up....and the more we can get, the better time we will have.

Do you think we could get by with running the clocks up "a little more than an hour" this weekend so we don't have soooooooooo long to wait?

Let me, or Rv Xfire 08, know if you can join us.
heres the link if you want to see wat's getting cooked up
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=31217

Old 03-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

.......you have to find someone to talk to....LOL

Sorry Ann. That was just too easy....I had to go with it.
I could talk into one and answer on the other. Or I could hide one in a member's car; they'd suddenly hear a disembodied voice telling them to sign the title on their XF over to me
Or we would need one for each car maybe?

Old 03-05-2009, 08:41 AM
She can ride with me ;)

SRT-6 Owners that are attending the Spring Dragon:

Are you interested in a high quality polo shirt with the SRT-6 logo on it?

I'm getting a couple made for myself, and would like to get the number of shirts ordered higher to defray the art/setup fee. I'll get the shirts made, and bring them with me to the Spring Tail of the Dragon, where whoever goes in with me can pay me and get their shirts. I'm not making any money on these shirts, just ordering them and splitting the costs. Expect the shirts to cost more than $35 each. I'll do what I can to keep the cost low, but I want a quality shirt.

I started a thread in the For Sale area:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=32402

Please post/contact me there.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:58 PM

Mark us down for Sunday too, We'll be there till late in the afternoon for sure!

Old 03-05-2009, 04:34 PM

same here I'll also be participating in the drive on Sunday just wont stay the night

Old 03-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

If there is anyone going to the Dragon who has a Navigation Manual they will part with, please pm me. I have a downloaded one, however I'd like an original for the glove box.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Forum Regular

Gary, put me down for sunday as well.

I will leave late sun or mon morning.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

It looks like the Rapps either had some paint work done, or they will show up in a new car....

James

PS The mug business must be good!

Old 03-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tom2112
SRT-6 Owners that are attending the Spring Dragon:

Are you interested in a high quality polo shirt with the SRT-6 logo on it?

I'm getting a couple made for myself, and would like to get the number of shirts ordered higher to defray the art/setup fee. I'll get the shirts made, and bring them with me to the Spring Tail of the Dragon, where whoever goes in with me can pay me and get their shirts. I'm not making any money on these shirts, just ordering them and splitting the costs. Expect the shirts to cost more than $35 each. I'll do what I can to keep the cost low, but I want a quality shirt.

I started a thread in the For Sale area:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=32402

Please post/contact me there.

Just a heads up Tom, You might want to check with Rapp's (Ann) she is going to be making me a couple quality shirts and a light weight jacket. She told me the cost would be 25.00 on the shirts and she still has not got back with me on the jacket. I'm very pleased with the mugs I purchased and sure the shirts will be top quality.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:33 PM
She can ride with me ;)

Originally Posted by crossfirefrank
Just a heads up Tom, You might want to check with Rapp's (Ann) she is going to be making me a couple quality shirts and a light weight jacket. She told me the cost would be 25.00 on the shirts and she still has not got back with me on the jacket. I'm very pleased with the mugs I purchased and sure the shirts will be top quality.
Thanks Frank. She just PM'd me, and if she's ammenable, I'll let her take over the shirts. I'm only doing it myself because I wanted them and couldn't find anyone to do them for me.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:50 PM

I would like to know more about the light weight jackets.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Hey, Kurtz!

It's time to start saving your pennies. Make a trip down to the NC/TN border and come play with us?
Well, you know Max, it's been a tough time, money-wise.
Wife has cost me a bundle this year, I may have to consider trading her in for a newer model!
Yes, she knows I'm typing this.
Yes, I know I may be in deep sh_t.

So.
I cannot think of a better way to stop worrying about money than to blow some more in a time-tested all-American way: taking a road trip.

Taxes are on my hit list for Saturday.
If I score big, North Carolina here we come!
If I score so-so, North Carolina here we come.
If I don't score at all, oh, what the he_l, North Carolina here we come.

Never been to N.C.
Never been to the Smokey's.
Ain't gettin' any younger but, I just so happen to have a time machine right outside in my driveway. I get in it & I feel 27 again (sorry, Franc; 18 is too far back in the DeLorean for me to go !). It's been a looooooong winter & it still will be when I leave &, probably, when I come back.
Deb & I need a vacation. We REALLY need a vacation.

Gary, put me on the list.
SRT6nTulsa, add Wisconsin to the map.
Franc, I just LOVE country roads, are you ready?

I'd love to bring both cars but the Coupe is going to have to keep the home fires burning. I'll just hire the crazy neighbors to keep an eye on the garage.
Nobody F's with them!

Old 03-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up re: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon Crossfire meet April 3, 4 & 5

That is GREAT news! I don't know how we'll celebrate, but a couple of Badger fans can always think of something!

Will the old model be joining us? I'm sure Tina will enjoy meeting her.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 627 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurts
Well,
Never been to N.C.
Ain't gettin' any younger but, I just so happen to have a time machine right outside in my driveway.

I'd love to bring both cars but the Coupe is going to have to keep the home fires burning.
I'll just hire the crazy neighbors to keep an eye on the garage.
Nobody F's with them!
Kurts,
I am so glad to have you joining us.
I have added ya to the list # 53
I sent you a PM for a few more details about your trip.

Gary

Old 03-05-2009, 08:38 PM

Max,
If her new job will let her!
That's the only caveat.

Hmmmmmm..........how to celebrate, how to celebrate, let me think..........

We could suck down curds & Leinies until we reach Nirvana, see God or end up on a front lawn somewhere.

Or, we could make fun of Illinois ! Sorry, Gary. Just had to!!

Or, even better yet, we can get all liquored-up & start singing 'On Wisconsin', argue that the UofW band IS the greatest thing since the Beatles & discuss the deep nature of driving behind manure spreaders with the rest of our fellow members!

Last edited by Kurts; 03-07-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by tom2112
Thanks Frank. She just PM'd me, and if she's ammenable, I'll let her take over the shirts. I'm only doing it myself because I wanted them and couldn't find anyone to do them for me.
I am willing to help, time is a factor, while 3 weeks may seem like enough, lets see first what my supplier can get and what embroidery files are available.
I own 4 designs/files, the basic Roadster or Coupe with the word -C-R-O-S-S-F-I-R-E under them, another is the oval with one of the cars over, the other under the same word. The last is an Woodward Dream Cruise design. I don't have an SRT 6 logo design/file which I believe is the problem members have had. Shirt a Day did not work this out? If anyone has info please PM me or tom2112.
I'm working on getting items (shirts, hats, jackets and bags/totes) for embroidery work on my site. The selection to choose from is very good, even these with a car theme of sorts-

Old 03-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts

Wife has cost me a bundle this year, I may have to consider trading her in for a newer model!

So.
I cannot think of a better way to stop worrying about money than to blow some more in a time-tested all-American way: taking a road trip.

Never been to N.C.
Ain't gettin' any younger but, I just so happen to have a time machine right outside in my driveway. I get in it & I feel 27 again (sorry, Franc; 18 is too far back in the DeLorean for me to go !). It's been a looooooong winter & it still will be when I leave &, probably, when I come back.

I'd love to bring both cars but the Coupe is going to have to keep the home fires burning. I'll just hire the crazy neighbors to keep an eye on the garage.
Nobody F's with them!
HOLY BATMAN KURTS. YOU ARE COMING TO THE DRAGON?

Yeah! And if you miss the coupe with the wimpy engine, you can ride in my NA roadster. Or play with Cathy's. Her SRT that is. The two of you will be a nice pair of matched book ends.

And seeing as how my roadster will eat your lunch on the twisties, you might as well just park 'em.

can't wait to finally meet ya so .....
COME ON DOWN!

roadster with a stick

Old 03-06-2009, 01:59 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

party on ! once you been to the Dragon you keep coming back ! Welcome ! From south ! Weather Report in mid 60s in Kentucky Warming up ! Spring as Sprung !

Old 03-06-2009, 04:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So.

Never been to N.C.

Nobody F's with them!

Kurts- Glad to hear your coming. Maybe you can hook-up with one of the groups from the north heading south or if not at least stay with us in Kentucky Thursday night and head to the dragon Friday morning with us.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Rv Xfire08

For those coming from the extreme southeast....please check the Southeast Forum. It looks like we have a pretty good plan in place for the trip up....and the more we can get, the better time we will have.

Do you think we could get by with running the clocks up "a little more than an hour" this weekend so we don't have soooooooooo long to wait?

Let me, or Rv Xfire 08, know if you can join us.
I started a list see the thread in Southeast thread, South Carolina & Georgia thread,
Please add your name to the list and a exit# so we can hook up with you.
We will be leaving Friday April 3

Last edited by Valk; 03-06-2009 at 06:53 AM. Reason: I added the link

Quick Reply: 2nd annual Spring 2009-Tail of the Dragon meet - April 3, 4, 5