Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008 "Tail of the Dragon" meet -Oct 31 - Nov 1, 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up re: 2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008 "Tail of the Dragon" MEET!

Originally Posted by SRT6nTulsa
Just made my reservation.
Thanks Alex, for your Commitment to the Meet!
I look forward very much to meeting you this Fall.

Also tonight we have Added:

Jonathan, for his third trip to the Dragon Meet,
he will be one of our Designated Group Drivers this Fall.

09) SRT_Flyboy (Jonathan) - Atlanta, GA - '05 Aero Blue SRT Coupe

If you want to come this Fall & haven't got on the List yet, please let me know, I'll be glad to add you!

My Best,
Bill (SF)

Last edited by SilverFox; 05-28-2008 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: 2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008 "Tail of the Dragon" MEET!

I'm new to the Crossfire Forum, so you may need to bear with me. I'm interested in driving the Fall "Tail of the Dragon", but I don't have a rally partner and I haven't driven in Rally in 45 years. I'm currently in Indiana finishing up a project for the next 5 weeks, but will return to my home in the Arizona mountains on July 1. On October 1, I will return to Indiana for the next project (3 years) and would like to drive in your rally in November. While I'm in Arizona, I will be pretty much isolated (no phone, cable or satellite connection). What I need to know is;
  1. Can I drive without a partner, or do I need to find one (or do you have "map readers in waiting)?
  2. Is this an "amateur" event (I've only owned the car 6 months and have 1600 miles on it)?
  3. (Given the above) What do I need to do to get signed up?
Dennis

p.s. I have a 2006 limited roadster (red)

Old 05-27-2008, 06:48 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dennis, the Dragon Run isn't a timed Rally "per say" it's simply a cruise over some of the nicest mountain roads you'll encounter practically anywhere.
In some places you can really open it up too. But on the actual Dragon itself, you seldom reach speeds higher than 3rd. gear. But don't let that fact change your mind about coming. I've never been on any road more challenging, or more fun for that matter.
No need for a co-pilot, but they do add to the excitement.
Just having the chance to meet some other "great" forum members is reason enough to show up, but the Dragon is a nice bonus.

Last edited by +fireamx; 05-27-2008 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Dennis, welcome to the forum and I hope to see you at the dragon........there is nowhere you can have more fun/excitement in your car!!! Many of us cruise single. It's just a fantastic weekend GTG and nothing as formal as a timed rally. It's a must....from all of us that have gone before!!!!

Old 05-27-2008, 08:38 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 626 Likes on 427 Posts

Dennis,
I encourage you to join us.
I went this past spring and drove from the Chicago area meeting some members from Michigan and driving in a sort of Crossfire convoy down th NC.
If you are Indiana you can join us. We will work out a spot were we can meet along the way.
Once arriving it is a wonderful time meeting and greeting other members and checking out the other Crossfires.
We enjoy some very fun driving on some incredible roads in the mountains and spend evenings at the lodge having dinner together and then spending time in the large rustic setting of the lodge lobby talking about anything.
It is a real good time I assure you.
If ya want to bring a friend that fine but once you are there you will be among many new friends immediately so either way it's great.

I would like to also welcome you here to the forum.
I hope you will join us at the Dragon and for the drive down too.
We leave early Friday Morning (Oct 31) and return back home leaving Monday morning (Nov 3)

click here for my photos from the Dragon a few months ago

Old 05-27-2008, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by naughteven
I'm new to the Crossfire Forum, so you may need to bear with me. I'm interested in driving the Fall "Tail of the Dragon", but I don't have a rally partner and I haven't driven in Rally in 45 years. I'm currently in Indiana finishing up a project for the next 5 weeks, but will return to my home in the Arizona mountains on July 1. On October 1, I will return to Indiana for the next project (3 years) and would like to drive in your rally in November. While I'm in Arizona, I will be pretty much isolated (no phone, cable or satellite connection). What I need to know is;
  1. Can I drive without a partner, or do I need to find one (or do you have "map readers in waiting)?
  2. Is this an "amateur" event (I've only owned the car 6 months and have 1600 miles on it)?
  3. (Given the above) What do I need to do to get signed up?
Dennis

p.s. I have a 2006 limited roadster (red)
Hey Dennis,

Welcome to the Forum & you are Now Signed up!

Mike answered most of your questions above, I'll add you to the Driver's list at #28 Today.

You should make you Lodge reservations before 9/30/08, so you might want to make them before to go back to AZ?

Where in Indiana will you be coming from?

Any questions or concerns, please PM me anytime.

Thank you for your Commitment to the Fall Dragon Meet, I know you will have a Blast!

Bill (SF)

================================================== =======

Dennis, Also some additional info for you re: proposed Indiana GTGs & a possible Convoy with JaneBridges to the Dragon this Fall (like this Spring), as another choice.

Re: indiana xfire owners - 05-23-2008 , 07:51 PM

"Indiana Crossfire Owners:

Please ID yourself so we can inform you about a Crossfire gathering. If you know of other IN Crossfire owners, please make sure you encourage them to sign in on this forum or invite them to come along. Oledoc2u and I will start to plan. Tentatively in July. We're looking for a venue (either a restaurant or event) where we all can gather. Please make suggestions. Looking at a place in Indy for our first gathering.

Jane Bridges"

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...2&postcount=35

Old 05-27-2008, 09:41 AM

Thanks for all of the information. I will try to set up everything before I head for Arizona on July 1. Do we have any pre-registration fees? I will reserve a room today if possible.
I am currently living in Perrysville, IN and working at Duke Energy's Cayuga Generating Station. On October 1, I will be assigned to Duke's Edwardsport (Indiana) Coal Gasification Project. I am currently working on leasing a house in Bicknell, IN (about 15 miles from Vinncennes and 4 miles to Edwardsport) where I will stay for about 3 years.
I am really a resident of Munds Park, Arizona where I have a "permanent" home, although there are only 3 pieces of furniture in the home, and I have only lived there for 5 months in the last 6 years. I have had some (Amish) furniture made, and it and I will arrive in Arizona about the same time. I am looking forward to having spent 8 months in the last 6 years at "home". Until I leave, and then again after I return to Edwardsport, I may be reached at Dennis.Fowler@duke-energy.com.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Forum Regular

I've emailed Dennis as he will be close by and can link up with us to go to the Tail. I plan to leave on Wednesday to have a little vacation out there. I think Barb and Gary may come again and I'm trying to talk Julie into a return visit as well.

Yes, another adopted Hoosier to join us!

We Hoosiers are trying to get a gathering together so I hope I can talk a few more into coming to the Tail.

Jane

Old 05-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JaneBridges
.....so I hope I can talk a few more into coming to the Tail.

Jane
You go girl!!!!!!!

Old 05-27-2008, 05:14 PM

Thanks for all of the information. I will try to set up everything before I head for Arizona on July 1. Do we have any pre-registration fees? I will reserve a room today if possible.
I am currently living in Perrysville, IN and working at Duke Energy's Cayuga Generating Station. On October 1, I will be assigned to Duke's Edwardsport (Indiana) Coal Gasification Project. I am currently working on leasing a house in Bicknell, IN (about 15 miles from Vinncennes and 4 miles to Edwardsport) where I will stay for about 3 years. ........................
Dennis,

You will live very close to Jane in the Fall, she will take Good care of you coming to the Dragon!

There will be No Fees again this Fall, until we discuss it at the Fall Meeting for Next Year's Meets.

Please let me know when you have Reserved a Lodge Room & I will note Same on the Driver's list. (Be sure and tell them you are with the Crossfire Group so you get the 25% Discount) You can reserve Fri & Sat nite, the busier ones & add other nites later if you wish, with the same discount, No Prob!

I'll put you down as Bicknell, IN; if that is OK with you?
Bill (SF)

Old 05-27-2008, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by JaneBridges
I've emailed Dennis as he will be close by and can link up with us to go to the Tail. I plan to leave on Wednesday to have a little vacation out there. I think Barb and Gary may come again and I'm trying to talk Julie into a return visit as well.

Yes, another adopted Hoosier to join us!

We Hoosiers are trying to get a gathering together so I hope I can talk a few more into coming to the Tail.

Jane
Thanks again Jane for All your support!

Please let me know when I can add Barb & Gary, & Julie to the List & I will?

My Best,
Bill

BTW, I have been eavesdropping on your GTG formation, it looks like it is taking Shape nicely, with you & oleDoc at the Reigns.
Congrats & Good luck!

Last edited by SilverFox; 05-28-2008 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Forum Regular

Hey SF -

It's great to see the ball up and rolling nicely five months before the event.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Too bad you took some bashing earlier, but as they say. "There's no such thing as bad publicity."

Old 05-28-2008, 04:00 AM

Bill;
I have a room reserved at Fontana for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Since Jane is leaving early and I will have only been on the new project 3 weeks, I thought I'd just take Friday and Monday off. I'll try and hook up with the Chicago bunch if all of the Indiana people have left.

Jane;
Thanks for the offer. If you have anything going in the Vincennes area before "Tail" and I am close by, let me know. If everything works out this summer, at the end of my 3 month hiatus at home in Arizona (7/1 - 10/1), I'll return to Indiana by way of Washington State. That will put some miles on the X'Fire.

Dennis

Old 05-28-2008, 06:21 AM

Bill;
I have a room reserved at Fontana for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Since Jane is leaving early and I will have only been on the new project 3 weeks, I thought I'd just take Friday and Monday off. I'll try and hook up with the Chicago bunch if all of the Indiana people have left.

Jane;
Thanks for the offer. If you have anything going in the Vincennes area before "Tail" and I am close by, let me know. If everything works out this summer, at the end of my 3 month hiatus at home in Arizona (7/1 - 10/1), I'll return to Indiana by way of Washington State. That will put some miles on the X'Fire.

Dennis
Dennis,

Great News, I'll update you on the DL to Reserved~ right now.
Check back here when you can & have a Great Summer at Home!
That will be quite a drive coming back thru Washington State this Fall.
See ya in the Fall at the Dragon/Lodge.

Bill

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

<<<Get on the Drivers' List & Make your Reservations Now!

< "See y'all on the Dragon!" SF

Last edited by SilverFox; 06-01-2008 at 07:43 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:13 AM

Bill;
Dennis
Dennis,
Those of us from Chicagoland and Detroit area can meet you as we come through in Lexington,Ky.
near where you on I-64 and us on I-75 merge.

Bicknell, IN to Fontana Dam click here

We would probably be coming through late morning on Friday Oct 31
We are also staying Fri,Sat and Sun night and off for travel on Friday and Monday.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:00 PM

Great! I'll get in touch with you in October when I resurface in the Midwest.

Dennis

Old 05-28-2008, 12:04 PM

Great! I'll get in touch with you in October when I resurface in the Midwest.

Dennis
Please do. Until then have a fun and safe summer

Old 06-01-2008, 02:27 AM

I am Ronald Singer. Just purchased an 08 crossfire and am looking forward to attending the tail of the dragon meet. Could someone give me the name of some local motels so I can make reservations? Is there a favorite place where most of the crossfire owners stay? Thanks Ron

Old 06-01-2008, 03:50 AM

Ron;
I'm also new to crossfires and have just signed up for the "Dragon". The X'Fire people (guys and gals) have a block of rooms at the Fontana Village Resort where you can get a room for $10.00 less than the "off season" rate. The base price was less than $70.00/night and I haven't seen anything that would beat that price for the advertised accomodations. I don't have the phone number anymore, but you can get it on Fontana's website, and a look at their accomodations.
Reply to one of Silver Fox's (aka Bill's) posts on this thread and he will get you signed up for the ride. After that, let people know where you're from, and you can probably get into a convoy to the "Dragon". I'll be watching your posts on the web.

naughteven

Old 06-01-2008, 06:56 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Bill, I will be attending, just been busy and haven't called in my reservation yet, but will do so in the next wk....Dennis I am leaving Friday AM when I go to the Dragon, you are welcome to hook up w/ us...Jane, sry, I haven't read all this thread, when are you leaving?...Dennis I know where you are working and staying....so keep in touch...we will see how our 1st GTG does, and will try to do another in Southern IN for the fall....maybe in Jane's backyard....thanks, to all, you ole' Girine, put me down....

Quick Reply: 2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008 "Tail of the Dragon" meet -Oct 31 - Nov 1, 2