Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008 "Tail of the Dragon" meet -Oct 31 - Nov 1, 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 07:17 AM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts
Default re: 2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008 "Tail of the Dragon" MEET!

Got home late last night to find the Cable down so I couldn't send this out untill this morning.

At a restaurant, I met a charming Lass coming in from Connectticut that was so impressed with my Crossfire she followed me home in her minivan.

"What's that Cathy?" "OK." Guys, Cathy says hi, and sorry she missed you and all the fun.

Thanks to Gary, Frank and James for putting together the most fun week end I have every had with my pants on. And a special thanks to Jane Bridges for keeping us all carefull and safe.

I did enjoy pedaling alongside you SRT guys. Thanks for putting up with my wimpy NA.

Cathy is telling me to shut this off and come to bed. I'm going to see if I can get her to call me "Precious."

roadster with a stick

Old 11-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So glad everyone got home safely....Mary and I had a wonderful drive to WV and then on home to MI....thanks to everyone for all the hard work putting this together....It was the best time I have had in years and especially with my car....just great to meet so many nice people...it felt like leaving family when I had to say goodbye....can't wait until the next meeting. I might even be able to drive that tail next year, think I got a better handle on doing all the curves in the mountains...Jane you might have to move over....LOL MsGump

Old 11-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello everyone out there in crossfireland.

After a final run through the dragon with Franc, I arrived safely back in Oklahoma. I had an incredible time this weekend, and I plan on attending all of the future "Tail of the Dragon" meets.

Valk: Thanks a ton for organizing a great, low stress event with lots of free time. (I don't get much being in the military.) The carefree scheduling helped me get to know so many wonderful people and bond with my Crossfire. Considering the size of the Sunday crowd, I think everyone feels the same.

Jane: Thank you for always taking the lead. (Making the decorated candies AND on the road.) Your driving helped me push my limits, which resulted in an exhilirating ride. Since we don't have any video of the front of the pack, I'm naming my new camera setup the "JaneCam". Hopefully this Spring, we will have all kinds of footage of the "agressive" drivers.

NeverEnough: I appreciate your insight into the performance options for the SRT. I look forward to getting the manifolds and tune. Also, thanks for your advice on the supercharger pulley and clay-bar detailing. Next time, I will bring some cigars, too. (I will have to show off my Crossfire Humidor.)

Franc: Thanks for the Blinker Fluid. Taking your advice, I drank the entire bottle of "RIGHT" immediately before hitting the polls. It just wasn't enough. Perhaps a super concentrated version was what I needed.

-Alex

Last edited by SRT6nTulsa; 11-04-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by SRT6nTulsa
Hello everyone out there in crossfireland.

Franc: Thanks for the Blinker Fluid. Taking your advice, I drank the entire bottle of "RIGHT" immediately before hitting the polls. It just wasn't enough. Perhaps a super concentrated version was what I needed.

-Alex
Alex,
I tried my best but know this, anyone who sits on "that wall" can vote for whom ever they chose with no critizism from me. Just my respect.

Thanks for the final run with you pal. It was a blast to try and keep up.

roadster with a stick

Old 11-04-2008, 11:39 AM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You've heard of road rage, right?

Well, have you heard of Dragon Rage? It's ugly, but sometimes it happens...

Sometimes, its even caught on camera!

Attached Thumbnails 2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008  "Tail of the Dragon" meet -Oct 31 - Nov 1, 2-dragon-rage.jpg  
Old 11-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

FOR SHAME!!!

And wrong side of the road too!

Old 11-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i feel like that sometime , Dam that Dragon !

Old 11-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Thumbs up re: 2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008 "Tail of the Dragon" MEET!

Originally Posted by tom2112

Road Rage + Over the Line = Because the driver stopped with part of the Impala still in the right lane.

They were absolutely unaware of their surroundings, and endangered those around them. There were several occasions where they would virtually idle through a turn in the left lane.

Last edited by SRT6nTulsa; 11-04-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Thumbs down re: 2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008 "Tail of the Dragon" MEET!

As I understand if from Janebridges, the cops hate bad manners more than pushing the speeds. Remember that just about everyone on the road is there for their own version of fun. We are guests too and shouldn't spoil anyone's day with thoughtless behavior.

We can be better than this guys. At least for the one weekend.

And for God's sake, keep off the yellow lines!

Roadster with a stick

Old 11-04-2008, 12:40 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No harm, no foul. I just posted that to bust some chops, not to start anything.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:57 PM

No harm, no foul. I just posted that to bust some chops, not to start anything.
I'm glad I didn't suggest poking the occupants in the eye and throwing them off the side of the mountain for consistantly driving in the left lane.

Those of us behind the vehicle getting the bird were trying everything we could to get the operator's attention to no avail. I guess it worked a little "too" well.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha got it all on video!!!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all, I drove in Saturday morning making the total number of Crossfires for the meet 43. I was only able to stay for the day, but what a great day. Thanks to Gary and all those involved in planning and running this event. A special thanks to Jane Bridges and the other drivers and riders in the aggressive group on Saturday. I enjoyed meeting all of you and getting to know you if only briefly.
The Tail of The Dragon section was truly awesome. I think it is the most fun I have had driving my car in the year that I have owened it. You all can drive and thanks to Jane for keeping us all safe. I wanted to go by the Village and talk to the group about the days events and the run on the Tail, but I had to leave you at Deals Gap to get home for another obligation. Just as I expected when I got home and tried to relate the excitement of the run to friends and family, nobody got it. Not a clue!
So thanks again to all of you. Now that I have found the group that gets it, I will be back in the spring. Thanks Jim

Old 11-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 626 Likes on 427 Posts

DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND SPRING 2009 IS READY FOR SIGN UP AND REGISTRATION ! ! !

CLICK HERE AND SIGN UP NOW AND SEE ALL THE DETAILS.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6nTulsa
I'm glad I didn't suggest poking the occupants in the eye and throwing them off the side of the mountain for consistantly driving in the left lane.

Those of us behind the vehicle getting the bird were trying everything we could to get the operator's attention to no avail. I guess it worked a little "too" well.
Guys, i didn't mean to scold anyone in particular either. I don't know or want to know who is the infamous guy in the picture.

My point is this, when we had a bad driver holding us back and running all over the road, Jane got the cops involved, to them he was an all four over the yellow line driver in a car not suitable for that road. The Sheriff gave that pontiac a bad afternoon. It did two things, it pulled a dangerous driver off the Dragon and let the cops know we were concerned about safety.

I don't know if it mattered but when Jane's group came roaring up the hill later, superchargers screaming and tires chirping, the cops let us by with nothing but a smile. We weren't doing 30 MPH when we went by. (Mine read 42+ MPH.)

Coincidence? Maybe. I like to think they want us to have fun but just not spoil things for anybody else.

Every time we had a train and pulled off, Jane would remind us that nobody had received a ticket, we were all safe and were there to have fun, just like the driver that held us back. "It was all OK guys."

Stay inside the lines. Be respectful. See Jane, I'm a convert.

roadster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 11-04-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle O
haha got it all on video!!!!!
Is it on youtube yet? (fingers crossed)

Old 11-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Just got back this afternoon after stopping in Virginia for a couple days to see my daughter after leaving the Dragon. I had a great time at the Dragon as this being my third time since the forum started running through the mountain s of North Carolina and Tennessee. Gary you did a great job putting all of this together especially for someone who lives so far away from the area. It was great seeing alot of old friends from previous Dragons and other GTG's and meeting alot of new people and hopefully seeing them again at future GTG's. I want to thank Ray and Susan(Osofast2) for taking the lead in our group and stopping at the different pull-offs for pics and driving at a pace that was safe for all that were following. And also I would like to thank Maxicon for the 250 capacitors for my radio I will be installing these soon. If timing and work allow I will definitely will be at the spring Dragon for a fourth time, each one seems to be better than the previous one. Thanks to all for a great time.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:16 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

It sounds like you all had a blast. I'm jealous I couldn't make it, but happy you had a great time.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 626 Likes on 427 Posts

Here are all my pics from the meet starting from the hotel in Kentucky some of us met up at
all the way to some pics on the road driving home

Click here to view the pics

Still need to sort them out before I load them into my gallery here.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

FANTASTIC slideshow... I'd love to make the spring run

Quick Reply: 2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008 "Tail of the Dragon" meet -Oct 31 - Nov 1, 2