Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008 "Tail of the Dragon" meet -Oct 31 - Nov 1, 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: 2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008 "Tail of the Dragon" MEET!

What a day of driving and getting to know all our new friends. We had a great goodbye run today. Hit the Dragon as the sun was setting. Both groups met up at the same time and we ran altogether. I was concerned about some cops, but they just watched as we all went by.
Pictures are starting to be posted and are so great to see.

I'm so glad everyone is getting home OK. I have my journey tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for making my vacation so memorable.

Jane

Old 11-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, after taking off thru the middle of KY for some more scenic driving, we arrived home without any trouble...glad we did, camper flipped on 65 N closing NB traffic for sometime...so we would have just been sittin' rather than drivin'...I can't tell you how much fun it was and mtg all you crazys I communicate w/ on here was priceless (maxcichon)...kind of wished I had stayed another day, since the weather was just perfect....to all I met, great time, great new friends, to those who worked to put this on, thank you, to the leaders (Jane) thank you too...and too all a good night...911, hope to catch next time...

Last edited by oledoc2u; 11-02-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:23 AM
Forum Regular

got home safe. made the mistake of driving through downtown gatlinburg instead of taking the bypass. had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone that I did. Gary, James, Frank, Terry, and everyone else I drove with it was a blast and I will definitely be back next fall.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:16 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I can't tell you how much fun it was and mtg all you crazys I communicate w/ on here was priceless (maxcichon)...
Thanks a bunch! Now I'll be remembered as a "Crazy"...

Great to meet you too, Max

Old 11-03-2008, 05:32 AM

well, you know I just tell it like it is Max....LOL

Old 11-03-2008, 06:12 AM

Glad to see everyone had a great trip. We got some outstanding Photos of everyone and some of them are up now. If you have any questions feel free to contact me or Dave. Thank you everyone for the opportunity and enjoy.

P.S. Don't forget to put in the 20% off code when you order.

http://us129photos.com

Old 11-03-2008, 08:28 AM

what is that code???

Old 11-03-2008, 08:33 AM

Crossfire08

Old 11-03-2008, 08:34 AM

I am ordering now, thanks

Old 11-03-2008, 08:59 AM

Great pics! so sorry that we had to miss it.

Any word on organizing a spring trip? In order for me to make it I am going to need to shedule something soon.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Barb and I really enjoyed seeing many old friends and meeting new ones at the Dragon run this year. Bill (SilverFox) must have shared with Gary some (old weatherman) secrets on how to create another beautiful Fall weekend for us to enjoy. I can't imagine how it could have been any better.
One thing I've discovered over the last few years, is that Chrysler screwed up when they printed the window sticker for the Crossfire. Under the "Standard Equiptment" section, they forgot to add that every Crossfire comes with a great owner/owners, at no extra cost. We hope to meet many more in the years to come.
Thanks Gary for all your hard work, and to everybody else who made it a wonderful weekend.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:21 AM

Home safe at noon today, What a great weekend. Thanks to Gary for all of his dedicated work, and to the group leadesr as well ,great job. It was nice to meet so many new people with the same interest in great cars and the best roads around. Looking forward to next fall.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Forum Regular

Made it home OK. Many thanks, Gary, for all the hard work. Sorry I had to break from the group, but nature called.

Look forward to all the pictures and future gatherings.

Jane

Old 11-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 626 Likes on 427 Posts

Hello all,

I have returned home after a 10 hour drive back to the burbs of Chi-town.
During the drive home I couldn't stop thinking of how terrific this meet was.
I was overwhelmed with all the terrific people that came to me and thanked me for my efforts keeping the meet on track on the forum.

I also want to extend my thanks to everyone for the collection that I received from all of you.
I never expected that and it was a complete surprise.
I feel very grateful to be among such a wonderful group of members here.

I am already working on getting the Spring meet kicked off and have been in contact with Fontana Lodge to get a date.
I will be starting a new thread for the spring meet most likely by the end of this week.
Of course I will be back and hope all of you that came can return and looking forward to seeing even more new faces.

I had a most excellent time with both the days driving events.
Thanks to all who took charge in leading the groups on the driving routes.
I am also thankful to the many folks who rearranged there plans a bit in order to join us for the two separate groups Sunday drive.
It was because of all of you that Jane and I sort of changed the original plan for Sunday to make it a more full day of driving.
Also thanks to "James1549" for being our group leader on Sunday.
Excellent job taking us through the twists and turns through the Smokies.
I think a good name for our group would be "The James Gang"

Anyway thanks for a great weekend !!!

Last edited by Valk; 11-04-2008 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by PHOTO
Glad to see everyone had a great trip.
We got some outstanding Photos of everyone and some of them are up now.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me or Dave.
Thank you everyone for the opportunity and enjoy.

P.S. Don't forget to put in the 20% off code when you order.

http://us129photos.com

Here is the email I received from US129.com........
Sunday, November 2, 2008 9:28 PM

Thank you for giving us the chance to shoot Photos of the Crossfire Group.
The Promo code to get the 20% discount is "crossfire08" but must be a purchase of $ 10.00 or more. only 2 photos at least. I do not have a link as of yet as I am still trying to edit and sort the photos but Fridays photos are already up and Saturdays will be up by Monday morning and try to get Sundays up Monday evening or sometime Tuesday. I gave the Crossfire group there own sections from each day to make it easier for the group to find their photos.

Thanks
Dave Allison
Us129photos.com

Old 11-03-2008, 06:14 PM

172 Photos taken by US129 on Friday 10/31 click here

1141 Photos taken by US129 on Saturday 11/1 click here

250 Photos taken by US129 on Sunday 11/2 click here

Last edited by Valk; 11-07-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got home about 6:00 P.M. tonight. I'll say the 8 hour drive home was PAINFUL! I did not want to leave. I was one of the ones that decided to stay the extra night. This was by far, the best road trip I've ever been on. The only thing that would have made it better would have been another crossy or 2 driving with me. 539 miles is a long ways to go by yourself...

Gary, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I can't say enough about how much fun I had. I hope I never have to miss another one off these. I'll be first on the list for the Spring run.

Jane, Thank You for being a great tour guide and showing us all the great scenery and Cade's Cove. The Run down the Dragon on the way back was great too! Dr. Jane gets the job done and then some! Hope to see you again in the Spring.

John(Toy), thanks for doing a great job setting the pace for us on Saturday. Those 3 runs down the dragon were the most fun I've had off a racetrack, and possibly driving period...

Franc, Thanks for the Blinker Fluid and conversation. Hope to see you again in the Spring!

Jeff, I hope you feel better. I didn't realize you had gotten sick and left early. I was wondering where you had gotten off too. I hope you can make it back out in the Spring.

Terry, I hope everything keeps going smoothly for your family.

Tulsa, Thanks for putting up with me! You get an A+ for being a drinking/smoke buddy! See you in the Spring!

I'm working on my gallery. It's going to take me awhile. I'll get some up tonight. I have over 300 pictures to go through...

Old 11-04-2008, 04:03 AM

I just got into the office and had chance to review the e-mails. I want to thank Gary for all of the effort put forth to make it a great weekend. It took a lot of time and frustration on your part (even if it is a labor of love), to pull all of this together for us, and I appreciate it greatly. Thanks also to Frank, Frank, Lisa and Jane for making me feel welcome and a part of the group. I had the best time and you contributed immeasurably to that feeling. Thanks also to all of the other people I met this weekend. I look forward to doing this again with you.

I know most of you do not (and cannot) remember Walt Kelly's cartoon strip entitled "Pogo". I was reminded of the following lyric from the strip;

"Break out the cigars boys, this life is for squirrels. We're off to the drugstore to whistle at girls" Walt Kelly, 1954

Just keep whistling at those girls (or others as the case may be.

Naughteven (aka Dennis)

Old 11-04-2008, 05:49 AM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A BIG thanks goes out to all the organizers from this fall's Dragon, especially Gary and Jane. Gary: great job getting this put together. Jane: great job leading the "aggressive" group. I learned more about the limits of my car this weekend that I had in the year of owning it. I couldn't have asked for a better mini-vacation. In fact, this trip blew away any of my other vacations. I had an absolute blast, and I can't imagine why I almost didn't attend.

Thanks also go out to everyone else who attended. What a great group of members we're blessed with. I enjoyed meeting all of you, and can't wait to see you all again at the next Crossfire/Dragon event.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I made it home safe around 6:00 pm. Gary I can't thank you enough for your GREAT COORDINATION on this event ( YOUR THE MAN !). I'm glad everyone had a great time and look forward to spring '09. Lisa As always you make a great wing man (Woman) for cruising the 10 hours up/down. Jane thanks for leading our group on Sunday, as always you did a great job. I just want to thank everyone for being so kind and making this the best dragon run I've attended.

Quick Reply: 2nd ANNUAL Fall 2008 "Tail of the Dragon" meet -Oct 31 - Nov 1, 2