Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

SPEEDMAX PERFORMANCE twin turbo crossfire

Old 03-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SPEEDMAX PERFORMANCE twin turbo crossfire

non supercharger is 10:0:1. supercharger is 9:0:1.

Old 03-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by coony3737
this might also be a viable option for my srt-6. take off the supercharger and sell it, then buy this kit and strap it on for some fun. what kind of comp. ratio are you running in that thing. isn't stock around 10 for the xfires and 9 for the srt6's.

That's a good point...how much boost are you really going to be able to run with the stock 10:1 comp ratio? I think this may be a limiting factor.

Simon.

Old 03-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I wonder how much less would a single turbo set up cost.
I think more power is a great thing,but this setup might be a bit much for a daily driver...
Obviously there would be more lag with one but a setup to bolt on 100+ hp would be nice.
I know this could probably be safely done with nos but, like most people i want something consistent.

Old 03-03-2006, 08:33 PM

I will be in line and waiting. I think it is a great idea.
how long would it take you to finish the job?

Old 03-04-2006, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by dariushashrafi
I will be in line and waiting. I think it is a great idea.
how long would it take you to finish the job?
we are still waiting on some parts to come in.

i will keep you guys updated.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:37 AM

ok guys this is the deal.

this twin turbo setup we are building is really a one off which is made for 6th ave being its a show car.

what we been doing is thinking about producing the kit for you guys.

now this is what's up...

we would need someone to volunteer their car for a couple of weeks so we can make a simpler kit for it as is the one we have is pretty aggressive.

right now our set price for our turbo kit if we do come out with one is $9,000 with labor included but does not include coating the pipes or painting the turbos. and it won't come with fuel management or the extra injector but it will be good for up to 8 lbs of boost on fuel management.

now if theirs someone who wants to go crazy and do all the custom works even with the stand alone computer, it will cost $20,000 being that the stand alone is $5,000 alone.

what we wanna know is how many people are serious about getting this kit and how many people are willing to pre-pay for it.

so please give us you're input.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by former NXMX5
wow this forum needs spellcheck. especially if that is your sales pitch --
its not my sales pitch.

just keeping it simple.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:54 AM

if you have any concerns also you can contact me at: SPEEDMAX_PERFORMANCE@hotmail.com

Old 03-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

5k for a standalone?? i picked up my wolf 3d standalone for $400 for my rx7. anyway, people don't prepay for a product that doesn't exist...but i'm sure someone will donate their car. if not, i'll send mine over there all the way from cali...

Old 03-04-2006, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Root
Sure pay a grand in advance and save $8,000 because we'll never see you again !
actually that will never happen.

we are a shop that wants to put our name out there. as we are opening up a factory to produce our products.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SPEEDMAX PERFORMANCE
we are still figuring that out as soon as i know what we will use i'll update you guys.
SPEEDMAX... PERHAPS my view is arriving from the other side of the Sports Car Enthusiasts spectrum... but as several owners have stated, the max price your looking for (15k) is daunting... it is approx 1/3 of what a new XF model is bought at.

VIC... i do see your version at the asking projected price making it under a few fortunate XF hoods... and those XFs fortunate enough to receive your seroidalesque boost, would the max price include the peripherals also mentioned... ecu adjustments... brakes... clutch... my thoughts come from frame support and possibly engine and tranny mounts would also need tending to since the load factors on them.
will be outrageous... hmmmmmm...

However, i for one appreciate your need to involve us XF owners for feedback and our appreciation to SPEEDMAX to ALLOW us to sneak-peek stage by stage your project. Have you guys completed projects like this before on other cars and if so what were the dyno results (before & after)?

i for one am glad your in NJ as i am in NY and would love to see 1st hand the passion your putting into the XF!

also don't get discouraged if your projected pricing is not appealing to the masses yet. how i look at it, all the time / effort and experience your putting under that hood will allow you to produce other... smaller tricks for the XF at a fraction of the cost and this is where you will get VOLUME.

good luck
j.

Old 03-05-2006, 02:23 AM

totally agree, you guys kick as* for doing this project, but you have to keep the price somewhat reasonable. there are 3 or 4 options out there to supercharge for around 10k and NOT EVEN ONE PERSON has done it. so i am looking out for both our interest when i suggest to keep the price in check, you could sell hundreds of these things for 7k, and probably upwards of a thousand at 5k. that's just an estimate as one of the original members of this forum, all the things i have seen said in 2 years or so...

Old 03-05-2006, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by x'ed
totally agree, you guys kick as* for doing this project, but you have to keep the price somewhat reasonable. there are 3 or 4 options out there to supercharge for around 10k and NOT EVEN ONE PERSON has done it. so i am looking out for both our interest when i suggest to keep the price in check, you could sell hundreds of these things for 7k, and probably upwards of a thousand at 5k. that's just an estimate as one of the original members of this forum, all the things i have seen said in 2 years or so...
as i said before, right now we have it priced at $9,000 with labor included. when it gets upwards of 15 grand we are talking some crazy power.

Old 03-05-2006, 05:28 PM

I know I'd do it for 5k in a second.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:49 PM

if 9k is with installation, how much would a kit alone be?? me and my friends would have no problem installing our own kit...plus i'm in l.a.

Old 03-07-2006, 03:43 AM

if 9k is with installation, how much would a kit alone be?? me and my friends would have no problem installing our own kit...plus i'm in l.a.
I'll second that question... I'd definitely do it/install it myself. How much for just the parts?

Old 03-07-2006, 06:47 AM
Forum Regular

Good Luck SpeedMax. I was planning to get an SRT-6 next, but I am considering the Coupe and your mods. What would it cost to ship to Australia and how long before you have a production version available?

If you are really serious about the XF, then please also consider a wider range of mods (e.g. cold air induction, single turbo, twin turbo) - you will appeal to a wider audience and wallet.

Most exciting thread on this forum.

Old 03-09-2006, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by english_bob
Good Luck SpeedMax. I was planning to get an SRT-6 next, but I am considering the Coupe and your mods. What would it cost to ship to Australia and how long before you have a production version available?

If you are really serious about the XF, then please also consider a wider range of mods (e.g. cold air induction, single turbo, twin turbo) - you will appeal to a wider audience and wallet.

Most exciting thread on this forum.
well we are still thinking about how serious we wanna get wit the xf now.

we would need request for parts to be made you can email it to: SPEEDMAX_PERFORMANCE@hotmail.com and like that i can show the owner how many people are interested in our products.

as we are actually opening a manufacturing company so making products won't be the problem as much demand that will be.

Old 03-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Re: SPEEDMAX PERFORMANCE twin turbo crossfire

I think you should bring the Crossfire to the Chrysler Nationals in July. A lot of xfire owners will be there and would love to see your setup.
You might even sell some.
See the post on the Nationals.

PS. Hope to see you there.

Old 03-09-2006, 04:36 PM

same question still posed. we need more info to back you. very little people are going to back this at 9k, that's what i'm saying.

Quick Reply: SPEEDMAX PERFORMANCE twin turbo crossfire