Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Both Headlamps Replaced??

Old 02-19-2006, 09:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Both Headlamps Replaced??

I just took in my XFire for a cup holder replacement & ashtray replacement. They replaced both items and installed the glossy finish cup holder in my '05 with the matte finish and put a nail in one of my rear tires.

I went back and they took care of the tire and ordered a new cupholder, however, when i got the car back i noticed that on the service ticket they put two new headlamps. I wondered why and it stated that "customer states headlamps cloudy". I never stated that nor did i ever mention to them i needed new lights as mine were perfect without any defect.

Now my question is, that the seal that's faulty in the lamps (TSB) that causes internal fogging of the lens is what's replaced when a customer states that his headlamps are fogging or do they just replace the entire unit like they did in my car?

Actually its cool though because i went in for a cupholder and ashtray and i got both those items fixed plus two brand new really clear headlamps on my car and a tire.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Both Headlamps Replaced??

Originally Posted by BullFrog
I just took in my XFire for a cup holder replacement & ashtray replacement. They replaced both items and installed the glossy finish cup holder in my '05 with the matte finish.
i have an 04' and it came with the gloss trim. the dealer replaced the console lid with the 05' matte trim. no match.

apparently all the silver replacement parts are now only available in the matte finish. gloss is no longer produced according to the parts department. the dealer has now ordered a the needed pieces in the matte trim to match. imo the matte seems to be less prone to scratches.

your gloss finished cup holder must have been sitting on a parts shelf.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Actually its cool though because i went in for a cupholder and ashtray and i got both those items fixed plus two brand new really clear headlamps on my car and a tire.
time for lense protection... from chips, marks & flaws to the plastic. keep them looking new!

http://www.xpel.com/products/headlight.asp

headlamp and fog lamp kit

clear # H0818 $50.95

Old 02-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess some of the headlights could be bad but what quite a few of us have found out is there was a film on the outside lense that was causing a problem, not a leak. This film can be easily removed with 3M Plastic cleaner which is available for about $8 a bottle from 3M's web site. I had that issue with my drivers side headlight, had made an appointment to have it replaced and then read about the cleaner. I would guess in your case a diligent service person knows about the problem and did the fix for you???

Pat

Old 02-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Forum Regular

What kind of tire, Conti or Michelin PS2? My dealer does not stock either one... they have to order one when needed.

Old 02-19-2006, 07:34 PM

Michelin PS2.